Why I Take 150 Supplements A Day

Mito

Dave Asprey on Instagram: “Let's start over and get detailed. I saw a bunch of comments, questions, and lack of understanding today as to why supplements, up to 150…”

dave.asprey
“Let’s start over and get detailed. I saw a bunch of comments, questions, and lack of understanding today as to why supplements, up to 150 per day are in my life regimen. So let's learn....shall we? Supplements are a fact of life. We evolved to get all of our nutrients from mother nature, and all of our toxins too. The problem is that even if you eat organic food, food has less nutrients than it used to because we depleted our soil. And we are exposed to way more man made toxins than we evolved to handle. One approach is to bury your head in the sand and tell yourself that food is all you need. The other is to intelligently use supplements to make your body perform the way you want it to. The difference in my life has been pround both from eating the best possible food, and from going beyond that and using supplements derived from food.

When I travel, I am grateful to be able to take about 150 supplements a day to help me operate at the highest levels and deal with circadian disruption, toxins from air travel, and lack of good food.

I am on a carefully targeted program to help me live to at least 180 years old so I can keep doing what I'm doing until I decide I'm done.

What do you think? Can you really get all the nutrients you need just from food in the world you live in today?”

Aaron

Asprey is the least remarkable man who tries to be the the most remarkable man I've ever encountered. Follow his advice and expect to end up guzzling fish oil, MCT oil, probiotics, and the myriad other products he sells. He is generous enough to tell us why you shouldn't buy the cheaper products because they don't have the advantages of his products, which he price gouges.

He occasionally has interesting guests, but the worst part is when he butts in to try to figure out what his bewildered guests eat for breakfast, after prefacing the question with a diatribe about his early success as a Google contractor, his allergies, the evils of carbohydrates, and his manboobs caused by toxic mold. Psychologically he seems quite lackadaisical despite the "million dollars he spent on biohacking himself."

Last edited:

Herbie

I appreciate experimenting and using supplements but Dave appears to me to not have a solid grounding in anything to understand what he is doing to himself and seems to just be seduced by other marketers and markets these products onto others, I don't think he appreciates the level of responsibility that he has for humanity and reminds me of child, a man-child.

A few kangaroos loose in the top paddock.

Last edited:

Vinero

He probably ingests a ton of harmful additives from all those supplements he takes like silicon dioxide, titanium dioxide, allergens and other irritants. I would not be surprised if he has digestive problems or leaky gut.

Jsaute21

He probably ingests a ton of harmful additives from all those supplements he takes like silicon dioxide, titanium dioxide, allergens and other irritants. I would not be surprised if he has digestive problems or leaky gut.
Was about to say the same thing. Before finding Peat & Idealabs, supplements always made me feel worse due to these additives. I feel confident saying that you are much better off taking no supplements at all than taking a wide array of them.

Peatful

Dave Asprey on Instagram: “Let's start over and get detailed. I saw a bunch of comments, questions, and lack of understanding today as to why supplements, up to 150…”

dave.asprey
“Let’s start over and get detailed. I saw a bunch of comments, questions, and lack of understanding today as to why supplements, up to 150 per day are in my life regimen. So let's learn....shall we? Supplements are a fact of life. We evolved to get all of our nutrients from mother nature, and all of our toxins too. The problem is that even if you eat organic food, food has less nutrients than it used to because we depleted our soil. And we are exposed to way more man made toxins than we evolved to handle. One approach is to bury your head in the sand and tell yourself that food is all you need. The other is to intelligently use supplements to make your body perform the way you want it to. The difference in my life has been pround both from eating the best possible food, and from going beyond that and using supplements derived from food.

When I travel, I am grateful to be able to take about 150 supplements a day to help me operate at the highest levels and deal with circadian disruption, toxins from air travel, and lack of good food.

I am on a carefully targeted program to help me live to at least 180 years old so I can keep doing what I'm doing until I decide I'm done.

What do you think? Can you really get all the nutrients you need just from food in the world you live in today?”
Where has common sense gone?

SOMO

Dave Assprey has an average build dad bod and doesn't even look that healthy as far as his skin goes. He's definitely not an unattractive guy, but it's unlikely anyone is envious of his physique or aging rate.

NOBODY can possibly take into account all the complex interactions between 150 different supplements. Taking that amount of supplements is almost guaranteed to cause negative reactions on a metabolic level. (Especially if any of his supplements are "herbs" which are often known to inhibit P450.) There's a reason Randomized Control Trials try to minimize the amount of factors that they study - because if you study Factor A, B, C, D, E and F, it becomes almost impossible to say "Factor B" definitely caused an improvement in some health marker. Let's say 149/150 of his supplements provided ONLY benefit (unlikely) - it would be impossible to pinpoint which is the 1/150th supplement that is causing a negative reaction.

Just because you CAN take more "healthy supplements" doesn't mean you SHOULD. How many toxins does Assprey actually think he is exposed to while giving bull**** powerpoint presentations on "Buttered Coffee" and Keto candy bars? :smirk: He likely lives a relaxed, financially-secure (LOW-STRESS) sheltered, toxin-free life and has still somehow developed neurotic tendencies. You would think that living a stress-free healthy life like his would reduce the amount of supplements you would need to take to "offset the environment" and mitigate both exposure to toxins and the damage they do.

I guess the best thing I can say is that he's all about self-experimentation and I respect that, but someone will undoubtedly follow what he says and **** up their health.

Last edited:

Travis

There is a surprisingly large amount of in vitro cell data on 'food grade' titanium dioxide, a pigment that had been used in oil painting for centuries. Titanium dioxide is perhaps the whitest pigment available, and it's ground-down to single-digit micron diameters—the average range—to improve light-scattering and thus its perceived whiteness. I would avoid ingesting titanium dioxide micro- and nano-particles at all costs, yet is still an excellent choice for oil painting.

I actually doubt he takes so many supplements, but is merely promoting his business indirectly by giving that impression. David Assprey is a dangerous clown that had snuck under the tent-flap, now peddling his wares through pseudoscientific jargon. He ought' be slapped.

Last edited:

smith

It seems like the more wrong you are, the more public recognition you receive

theLaw

If I remember correctly, he lost most of his weight while taking Testosterone.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals