Why I Removed My Healthy Breasts And Ovaries

bodacious

I saw this video this morning: Why I Removed My Healthy Breasts And Ovaries

I'm sure this was an incredibly difficult decision for this woman to make, and I don't feel it's my place to judge her either way for the choice she made.

More generally, I'm curious to hear what your thoughts are on this line of thinking though.

To me, the idea of prophylactic surgery is a bizarre one, even when it's to avoid something as serious as cancer.

Hugh Johnson

Good for her.

Persnally though, I believe who we are is carried in our bodies and removing parts of them is to remove part of ourselves, our very humanity. I think she has a very mechanistic view of life, but it's her body. I'd rather just take aspirin myself.

Matt1951

The brca gene is carried; often but not exclusively; by women of eastern european Jewish descent. One of my neighbors, Sharon, a wonderful woman in every way, died from breast cancer after suffering for many years. Two of her daughters, very beautiful, wonderful women, chose to have their breasts removed, after they had their children. The third daughter intends to, after she has her children. I cannot argue with their choice. With a near certainty of getting breast cancer, the danger is the cancer could spread before it is found. There is more to life for women than having breasts; they need to be around for their children, and their families. The story of Sharon was written in an article in Good Housekeeping (I think, it has been a few years), the article was online, maybe I can find it. Edit - I found this article,
http://www.mainlinehealth.org/doc/Page.asp?PageID=DOC001267
which includes a pictures of Sharon's daughters.

Last edited:

burtlancast

Or they could have just as well taken a few apricot pits a day containing Vit B17.
There are certainly many other cancer preventive substances.

Tarmander

someday people will look back and be amazed that we used Mercury to treat syphilis...err I mean cut off body parts to avoid cancer

burtlancast

The brca gene is carried; often but not exclusively; by women of eastern european Jewish descent. One of my neighbors, Sharon, a wonderful woman in every way, died from breast cancer after suffering for many years. Two of her daughters, very beautiful, wonderful women, chose to have their breasts removed, after they had their children. The third daughter intends to, after she has her children. I cannot argue with their choice. With a near certainty of getting breast cancer, the danger is the cancer could spread before it is found. There is more to life for women than having breasts; they need to be around for their children, and their families. The story of Sharon was written in an article in Good Housekeeping (I think, it has been a few years), the article was online, maybe I can find it. Edit - I found this article,
http://www.mainlinehealth.org/doc/Page.asp?PageID=DOC001267
which includes a pictures of Sharon's daughters.

I would be curious to know the chances of getting cancer from a brca gene in women living in India, where cancer, heart disease, obesity are almost unheard of.

I strongly suspect the official narrative takes a hit...

burtlancast

How many women of eastern European Jewish descent live in India?

There's certainly a few brca gene carriers in India.
But i strongly suspect those who patented the gene sequence for discovery liked the number 80% a lot more than 30 or 20%, so they didn't really made the effort to investigate in other countries...

Last edited:

burtlancast

Looks like cancer prevention was the least of her problems...
jolie_getty.jpg

heartnhands

I saw this video this morning: Why I Removed My Healthy Breasts And Ovaries

I'm sure this was an incredibly difficult decision for this woman to make, and I don't feel it's my place to judge her either way for the choice she made.

More generally, I'm curious to hear what your thoughts are on this line of thinking though.

To me, the idea of prophylactic surgery is a bizarre one, even when it's to avoid something as serious as cancer.
While I totally agree with such desisions being up to such people and beyond my casual or uninvited input, such procedures are big bucks for medical industry easily sold to people who have money and insurance and time to participate in the shell game of charity social events. They are victims in many ways but I live and work among many people just like this woman and know they are good and kind people. They are also smart, dedicated, loving, ambitious, folks who buy into the basic belief structure that the better educated people deserve to live with better rights than others. While the last trend is deeply oppositional to equal rights for everone, a personal foundation, I can't hold others to my standards and have to remain open to loving and respecting others as they are and as they invite conversation.

If the woman posted on YouTube I consider that an invitation and would invite her to consider would she actually consider herself Knowledgeable or a survivor. I'd ask her if she supports the idea of invitro medical treatments on fetuses? I'd continue offering her conversation about the potential that nutrition from a completely different stand point can support everyone having choices every day, including choices like hers.

Among the people I know, very smart medical professionals, I know they live in a golden cage and if they stray, the eye rolling among associates would be too much pressure. I don't mind holding two directly opposite and opposing thoughts in my mind and remaining happy to live above and or beyond such thoughts. I'M a therapist and genuinely want them to live optimally in every way and silently pray for their best no matter what judgements or fears cross my mind. Unless it's a truck racing toward to present doom, listening and laughing is a more sacred sharing.

heartnhands

Looks like cancer prevention was the least of her problems...
jolie_getty.jpg

She has been such a beautiful and strong person in so many ways. THE way lawyers jerkOff people like her around, I mean attorneys working around her have insurance policies with them as beneficiaries and their medical friends become part of an all boy industry living off her and some day soon they will decide to bet Don't as they say in the crap game and they will be too happy to let her die and take over for the kids who will wind up as bate for the church of scientilogy, or some other holly scamster. If you care for yourself or anyone, send her some pictures of healthy Peatarians, including RP himself...of all the health profits I've known two stand out in my mind who have stood the test of time without cancer. RAY Peat and Gary Null are so very different in their intelect al talent and orientation but their rebellion against the would be monopolist and faith in individual rights to live with self determination as sacred unto an all loving God is both of their deeply held values. She is an aging women in a business that seduces everyone everyday in millions of ways, I hope you will pray for truth to sing out with more beauty than all such seductions. God bless us all.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals