Why I Regret Giving Hair Loss Advice And A Major Breakthrough

Mossy

Recommended brands?
I've used Making Cosmetics brand: Polysorbate 80. They seem to have been around for a while and have a good reputation, but I can't say that they're the cheapest.

I can say that my experience with polysorbate 80 is that it cleans the scalp, but did not lead to any hair growth. I didn't use it longer than 3 months; though, the pamphlet/instruction that I was following, that had hyper-sales-snake-oil-miracle-speak, led me to believe by 3 months I might be giving Elvis a run for his money. No joke, the pamphlet is titled "Black Market Baldness Cure" and the price in the upper right hand corner is $99.00! :shock: For the record, I didn't pay even a cent for it -- if was given to me. But, all that nonsense aside, poly 80 does seem to be a legit element to hair-loss prevention and potential regrowth.

BTW, there is also poly 60 and poly 20, which may all be equal for scalp purposes. I believe the number refers to the emulsifying ability/potency, which is the original purpose of this solution -- to blend oil with water.

BrianF

Anyone think there could be any negative effect on hair growth if I used tocovit or Kuinone as a massage oil on the scalp one its thoroughly cleaned by polysorbate? I plan on using polyorbate to cleanse it from sebum for 2 months, taking magnesium citrate to help break down calcium for 2 months then ongoing use twice daily massages. I figured that I could apply tocovit in the morning and kuinone in the evening.. that way I get my fat soluble vitamins also while massaging.

Dave Clark

Polysorbate 80 was in the original Helsinki formula, I believe, that dates back to the 80s. I have been using it since Pearson and Shaw sort of made it popular back then. I can say it has definitely suppressed the rate of my male pattern baldness. Makes sense since it is an emulsifier that gets rid of the stuff that kills the hair follicle.

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

how do you apply it? in the shower?

just rub it in . leave in for 30 minuts. wash out.

to everyone else :

If you see sebum and white foam on your scalp, you have sebum overload.

I am not saying this cures baldness.

I am saying that men have lots of sebum in their scalp and this is the only substance that can really remove it, and you can literally see white foam form on your scalp as it leaves the scalp.

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

No one has ever explained why dutasteride does stop hair loss and reverse baldness in some cases.

I think this forum is too ignorant of the DHT theory, but it has its obvious flaws.

rather than block dht, block what it produces - sebum.

Last edited:

BrianF

Hi john. Whe you use polysorbate, do you find it particularly messy or troublesome to apply or is it quite simple?

Dave Clark

Polysorbate, at least what I use, is a real thick clear liquid. You have to rub it into the scalp real good, since it is thick it doesn't spread the best, but take your finger tips and just rub it into the scalp covering any areas of concern. I have read different opinions of how long to keep it on, some say 20 to 30 minutes, others say it will work in a few minutes, the longer probably the better.

helpmyhair

For those taking Polysorbate 80, please update us on your progress? Also share whether or not it has reduced scalp inflammation and shedding.

BrianF

Ok, received Polysorbate 80 and plastered it over my head in the evening. Before washing it out in the morning, I put some more on. I waited a further half-hour and washed it out. I had double the amount of hair in the drain than normal. Not to worry, I expected this to happen. Although not unexpected, I was pleasantly surprised by the next finding. My levels of shedding over the next few days (I wash my hair every 3 days or so) was almost non-existent until today. I intend to repeat the process tonight.
Polysorbate 80 is to sebum what a hot knife is to butter... its what desert heat is to snow.

What I did not expect was the way my scalp felt after one use - softer, more pliable and healthier (I can't explain what I mean exactly by that, but yes, healthier). About one year ago, I began massaging my scalp for 20 mins every evening for around one month and I felt this same change in my scalp. Softer, healthier. I note that at the beginning, I also lost more hair but by the end of the month I was losing much less. In case anyone wants to know why I stopped, my daughter arrived one evening and my word turned on its head. I didn't even have 20 mins to myself in a day for months and I fell out of the habit. When I did find time and tried it, the shedding just depressed me.

I will keep you guys updated. I will be honest and I will let you know how I go. Ps, Ive also began massage again now when I can as I feel that they should compliment each other.

JDreamer

For those taking Polysorbate 80, please update us on your progress? Also share whether or not it has reduced scalp inflammation and shedding.

Only tried it one night so far - but had a significant shed. It also made my hair/scalp pretty dry. Haven't tried it again yet, but trying to gather more info on a regimen for it.

BrianF

Ive experienced a lot less shedding since i began using it. Im washing vmy hair every 3-4 days and now using polysorbate once a week. Im combining this with a massage twice a day.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals