Why I Regret Giving Hair Loss Advice And A Major Breakthrough

Arrade

That's the way to do it. Have you skin issues or lots of sebum?
Funny enough it’s almost impossible for me to get acne. But I can tell sebum is part of my hairloss and it’s a lot around my eyes

Arrade

I also add magnesium, maybe a little bit of Vitamin C, and possibly the B vitamins.
I concur. Trying to get more OJ, I have Biotin 10,000 mg and I topically apply magnesium oil before I shower

Last edited by a moderator:
Btw when I injected synthetic test I was far more oily... high estro tended to dry me out and if you visit steroid forums a lot of people like high estrogen for good skin

You're completely off base on this.

Bodybuilders take massive AIs before shows like Letrozole to dry out and get that vascular look.

Their skin probably looks like ***t because the acne caused by the liver and also the collagen production is hampered.

I agree estrogen is good for the skin though but it doesn't help "dry out"

Arrade

You're completely off base on this.

Bodybuilders take massive AIs before shows like Letrozole to dry out and get that vascular look.

Their skin probably looks like ***t because the acne caused by the liver and also the collagen production is hampered.

I agree estrogen is good for the skin though but it doesn't help "dry out"
I meant it dries the surface of the skin. I’ve taken letrozole, what you’re talking about is removing water weight inside the body.

EIRE24

Funny enough it’s almost impossible for me to get acne. But I can tell sebum is part of my hairloss and it’s a lot around my eyes
I wish it was impossible for me to get acne. It is my main health problem.

sunraiser

I wish it was impossible for me to get acne. It is my main health problem.

Throwing this out there, and while I’m sure there’s physiology involved to an extent (vitamin A and zinc metabolism), the biggest thing that helped my skin was avoiding tap water on my face.

Hard water absolutely ***** up my skin. Very soft water is much better but I pretty much don’t let water touch my face anymore. Just an occasional spray bottle with purified or low mineral water and then a cotton wool wipe, though rarely.

I get no spots anymore. I effectively do not wash my face. I went through the whole rigmarole of products and face washes and they only made things worse. Chlorine is probably also drying but doesn’t seem as bad as hard water for me.

benaoao

@sunraiser that's interesting regarding hard water. I'm wondering whether that applies for the scalp. I'd bet it does.

Btw when I injected synthetic test I was far more oily... high estro tended to dry me out and if you visit steroid forums a lot of people like high estrogen for good skin

that's absolutely false though, especially since high e2 often goes along with high prolactin high DHT and low SHBG, you want none of that (but it's good for muscle building)

steroid (ab)users aren't the brightest crayons in the box when it comes to being non biased and scientifically sound. Lots of broscience, however smart they want to sound.

Arrade

@sunraiser that's interesting regarding hard water. I'm wondering whether that applies for the scalp. I'd bet it does.

that's absolutely false though, especially since high e2 often goes along with high prolactin high DHT and low SHBG, you want none of that (but it's good for muscle building)

steroid (ab)users aren't the brightest crayons in the box when it comes to being non biased and scientifically sound. Lots of broscience, however smart they want to sound.
Which part is false? I definitely think my skin was drier with high estrogen

EIRE24

Throwing this out there, and while I’m sure there’s physiology involved to an extent (vitamin A and zinc metabolism), the biggest thing that helped my skin was avoiding tap water on my face.

Hard water absolutely ***** up my skin. Very soft water is much better but I pretty much don’t let water touch my face anymore. Just an occasional spray bottle with purified or low mineral water and then a cotton wool wipe, though rarely.

I get no spots anymore. I effectively do not wash my face. I went through the whole rigmarole of products and face washes and they only made things worse. Chlorine is probably also drying but doesn’t seem as bad as hard water for me.
Ya I've noticed that less washing at times is better but I suffer from skin cells not shedding properly and oily skin so if I don't wash which I only use water the skin cells don't shed at all and I get like a yellow disgusting build up of skin on my face.

sunraiser

Ya I've noticed that less washing at times is better but I suffer from skin cells not shedding properly and oily skin so if I don't wash which I only use water the skin cells don't shed at all and I get like a yellow disgusting build up of skin on my face.

I understand. It really is worth a go though. Just buy some Volvic or whatever cheap lower mineral/ph you can find. Put in spray bottle and spray on cotton wool pad and wipe.

Occasionally you might fill a bowl with purified water and submerge your face if it feels good. I get that tap water washes off the build up but the mineral residue might also be causing it. You could also catch rain water to use instead but it’s rather more of a hassle!

As always, it may not be the answer but I’d recommend giving it a go. There really is nothing to lose unlike many other health interventions! Give it a few weeks though.

I feel your pain - good luck!

*to add - often oiliness is a compensatory response to dryness or clogged pores due to soap or mineral build up.

E.g. when I used to shampoo my hair every day my hair got outrageously oily, and it turned into a self perpetuating cycle of needing to use more and more shampoo to wash the oil away.

Stopping shampoo for a while cured this. Water only hair washing, again, only really works or feels good with soft water though. I used citric acid or acv with hard water and it helped but it wasn’t ideal - they kind of still act like shampoo but to a lesser degree

Last edited:

Arrade

I think when people say they eat more and reduce shedding, perhaps a lack of eating was causing increased stress.
In addition, the extra food would come with pro-metabolic nutrients and vitamins.

Arrade

For me, nothing compares to dermarolling, which I was doing using a Derminator, a few times a month. I've stopped due to health issues that have me in a sub-optimal state, which has me hesitant to put my body through this trauma.
what results did you get? I will most likely invest in that myself this summer.

Arrade

I understand. It really is worth a go though. Just buy some Volvic or whatever cheap lower mineral/ph you can find. Put in spray bottle and spray on cotton wool pad and wipe.

Occasionally you might fill a bowl with purified water and submerge your face if it feels good. I get that tap water washes off the build up but the mineral residue might also be causing it. You could also catch rain water to use instead but it’s rather more of a hassle!

As always, it may not be the answer but I’d recommend giving it a go. There really is nothing to lose unlike many other health interventions! Give it a few weeks though.

I feel your pain - good luck!

*to add - often oiliness is a compensatory response to dryness or clogged pores due to soap or mineral build up.

E.g. when I used to shampoo my hair every day my hair got outrageously oily, and it turned into a self perpetuating cycle of needing to use more and more shampoo to wash the oil away.

Stopping shampoo for a while cured this. Water only hair washing, again, only really works or feels good with soft water though. I used citric acid or acv with hard water and it helped but it wasn’t ideal - they kind of still act like shampoo but to a lesser degree
Are you using the polysorbate 80 @sunraiser ? @johnwester130 How goes it for you? I'm considering using it only on my "bald spots"

Mossy

what results did you get? I will most likely invest in that myself this summer.
With regard to “breaking up” and tilling the scalp soil, so-to-speak, I feel derma rolling is better than massaging. My results were with regard to this; it really refreshes the scalp, and makes the skin look good, as well as the hair. I don’t have any terminal new growth, but it helps to keep what I have, helps solutions to penetrate, and gets blood flowing to the area. I have some light vellus hairs, but nothing substantial.

Mossy

I'm wondering why Vit D reduces sebum for some but as @BrianF said Vit A reduced his sebum. Right now I'm learning towards Vit D
I may try this, as I’ve stopped with oral Vitamin D—so, I may use it as a topical on the scalp.

Luckytype

Vit D from sun definitely was the most powerful for me but people always notice different things.

Same.

Obviously a series of things were at play but when I stopped being in the sun and stopping walking my hair began to shed

sunraiser

Are you using the polysorbate 80 @sunraiser ? @johnwester130 How goes it for you? I'm considering using it only on my "bald spots"

No I’m not using anything. My skin has been fine for years now - I often don’t get water on my face for days at a time... healthy sebum levels are a positive and keep skin moisturised and clean imo.