Why I Have Worse Teeth After Dates Consumption?

Wagner83

Exposing my teeth to sugar has not been a problem, but sticky sugar like dates and candies may be an issue. A diet high in orange juice, potatoes and dark leafy green broth with a xylitol rinse once a day and some niacinamide is improving my teeth health. Digestion is a lot better too atm so that may play a part. I wonder if stuffing the dates with coconut (protective effects from coconut fat) Travis' style could be enough to avoid issues.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Haha. you live, you learn.

Yikes hope you have ditched them then!
Yeh had no choice. Tried them several different times and also different sources, no go for me.

Luann

I was eating them for copper & Mn but really I needed to be on pills for those, because I did an all-milk diet for like 5 months and ran low. I'm still on the copper pills lol.

Taurus

I find most fruits, starches and sucrose can trigger my sensitive teeth but for some reason milk sugar is fine, maybe as it doesn't break down into glucose until it reaches the intestines. My gut feeling is if something feels bad for my teeth then maybe not such a good idea to eat a lot of it.
I was eating them for copper & Mn but really I needed to be on pills for those, because I did an all-milk diet for like 5 months and ran low. I'm still on the copper pills lol.

Sorry to derail the thread but which kind of milk did you drink for so long exclusively? Did you keep a log of your milk diet anywhere?

Luann

@Taurus . No log. It was skim milk, and I also ate rice and potatoes (very little), apples, grapefruits, and gummy candy.

I was cold a lot and had headaches because I used skim milk powder too. What do you want to know?

DaveFoster

I find most fruits, starches and sucrose can trigger my sensitive teeth but for some reason milk sugar is fine, maybe as it doesn't break down into glucose until it reaches the intestines. My gut feeling is if something feels bad for my teeth then maybe not such a good idea to eat a lot of it.

Sorry to derail the thread but which kind of milk did you drink for so long exclusively? Did you keep a log of your milk diet anywhere?
"Representative strains of oral streptococci, lactobacilli and bifidobacteria were incubated overnight with lactulose or other carbohydrates and the final pH recorded. Most bacteria tested were able to metabolize lactulose with the exception of strains of Streptococcus salivarius, Lactobacillus acidophilus and Lact. fermentum. Streptococcus mutans produced most acid overnight but the initial rate of acid production from lactulose by uninduced cultures was very low. Plaque pH was monitored in 12 volunteers following rinsing the mouth with lactulose, sucrose or sorbitol or Lactulose BP. These studies in vivo showed both lactulose and Lactulose BP to exhibit low acidogenic potential. Thus, although plaque bacteria are capable of fermenting lactulose, the results suggest that lactulose is likely to pose a small acidogenic challenge to teeth under normal conditions of use."

Reference: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1046/j.1472-765X.1998.00403.x

Prosper

I always drink full fat milk when I eat dates. They complement each other in taste and texture. One of my favorite combos.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals