"Why I Am Optimistic About The Future" By Martin Geddes

tankasnowgod

I just recently came across this article by Martin Geddes, and wanted to share it with everyone. It's fairly short, but I think it offers some great insight and ideas.

Why I am optimistic about the future

What I particularly like about this idea is that Geddes clearly recognizes many of the same problems with the world and current system that we generally do on this forum. It is this very fact that gives him so much optimism. Not that fact that there are massive institutional problems that cause psychopaths to flourish and top down evil to spread..... but the fact that people are starting to realize it. And not just in some vague sense, but in the same way we generally do, by identifying it and analyzing it in detail.

Mainly wanted to share, but please let me know what you think!

L

lollipop

I just recently came across this article by Martin Geddes, and wanted to share it with everyone. It's fairly short, but I think it offers some great insight and ideas.

What I particularly like about this idea is that Geddes clearly recognizes many of the same problems with the world and current system that we generally do on this forum. It is this very fact that gives him so much optimism. Not that fact that there are massive institutional problems that cause psychopaths to flourish and top down evil to spread..... but the fact that people are starting to realize it. And not just in some vague sense, but in the same way we generally do, by identifying it and analyzing it in detail.

Good stuff. Bookmarked to read later. Thank you for sharing. Up my alley.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Nice, I emailed it to my daughter.

DawN

But, fortunately, seeing it, recognizing it isn't enough, actions must be taken. To me ist's even more depressing to see how more and more "see" and still comfortably arrange.

OP
tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod

But, fortunately, seeing it, recognizing it isn't enough, actions must be taken. To me ist's even more depressing to see how more and more "see" and still comfortably arrange.

Well, feel free to be pessimistic. It's your life. Personally, although I've learned some very (VERY) dark truths over the past year or two, everyone has overall made me more optimistic. There have certainly been some down moments.

And to your passive voice "actions must be taken..." First, I think actions ARE being taken, beyond my control. Turning that to active voice, I believe others are taking actions. I believe a lot of others are starting to learn many of these of things. And myself.... I've continued to learn and have attempted to improve myself the best way I can, and focusing most of my attention on things that I can control. Ultimately, everyone is responsible for themselves, and every person also has far, far more power than they think. Don't put everything on everyone else..... do something within your own power. And help others discover theirs.

DawN

These "others" behave passive-aggressive if I bother to show them their ignorance. I've come to accept that it is impossible to make a racehorse out of a mule, a wolf out of a pincher...and so on. And about my so called own "power": few of that remains at the end of the day, when I've spent my hours and "powers" for making a miserable living on an embarrassing wage...and all for the thriving of the institutionalized parasites and their claquers at the lower grades in the hierarchy. We "simps" are born for that purpose, for the flowers of evil to blossom it is necessary the good ole white trash at the bottom, best fertilizer in the world...

mujuro

I’m optimistic that things will get better, but not through constructive means. Human civilizations follow a death-and-rebirth trend. Empires die and the torch is passed to another.

Iron law of oligarchy - Wikipedia

Michels's theory states that all complex organizations, regardless of how democratic they are when started, eventually develop into oligarchies. Michels observed that since no sufficiently large and complex organization can function purely as a direct democracy, power within an organization will always get delegated to individuals within that group, elected or otherwise.

According to Michels all organizations eventually come to be run by a "leadership class", who often function as paid administrators, executives, spokespersons or political strategists for the organization. Far from being "servants of the masses", Michels argues this "leadership class," rather than the organization's membership, will inevitably grow to dominate the organization's power structures. By controlling who has access to information, those in power can centralize their power successfully, often with little accountability, due to the apathy, indifference and non-participation most rank-and-file members have in relation to their organization's decision-making processes. Michels argues that democratic attempts to hold leadership positions accountable are prone to fail, since with power comes the ability to reward loyalty, the ability to control information about the organization, and the ability to control what procedures the organization follows when making decisions. All of these mechanisms can be used to strongly influence the outcome of any decisions made 'democratically' by members.

Michels stated that the official goal of representative democracy of eliminating elite rule was impossible, that representative democracy is a façade legitimizing the rule of a particular elite, and that elite rule, which he refers to as oligarchy, is inevitable.
The founding fathers also hated democracy. But that’s what we have now, so that’s that.

Last edited:

DawN

Well, Shiva is my god of choice, and he stands for: first destruction, thereafter a fresh beginning. thx for input @mujuro
Yes time seems ripe, I want to strongly redirect people earnest interested in politricks and cult-ure to aryanism.net. Very peat-ish suggestions abozt children/youth, art etc.

Regina

Thanks tanks,
Nice article. The only couple of sentences that I found jarring were these: "It is possible, I suggest, to relate morals to mathematics, and to create something that is ethical by design. Indeed, for the world of sensors and artificial intelligence, it is mandatory to do much better."
That also sounds like a slippery slope. Morals are provisional.

OP
tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod

Thanks tanks,
Nice article. The only couple of sentences that I found jarring were these: "It is possible, I suggest, to relate morals to mathematics, and to create something that is ethical by design. Indeed, for the world of sensors and artificial intelligence, it is mandatory to do much better."
That also sounds like a slippery slope. Morals are provisional.

Well, it certainly could be. But at the same time, I see amazing potential in this. Take a look at the industry of finance and the invention of Bitcoin. As far as finance goes, it's a system based upon fraud and criminality. From unbacked fiat, fractional reserve banking, central banks and other institutions that hold financial instruments, it's so murky and dishonest. At the root. Bitcoin and the other crypto currencies and assets that followed it are an attempt to use math to create a much more ethical system.

As far as this goes, I can't explain it as well as Patrick Bryne (CEO of Overstock) did in his 2016 speech at CATO. If you have 40 minutes, watch this, he really cuts to the core. He also gave a 2014 speech about these same concepts-

Cryptocurrency: The Policy Challenges of a Decentralized Revolution - Luncheon Address

Regina

Well, it certainly could be. But at the same time, I see amazing potential in this. Take a look at the industry of finance and the invention of Bitcoin. As far as finance goes, it's a system based upon fraud and criminality. From unbacked fiat, fractional reserve banking, central banks and other institutions that hold financial instruments, it's so murky and dishonest. At the root. Bitcoin and the other crypto currencies and assets that followed it are an attempt to use math to create a much more ethical system.

As far as this goes, I can't explain it as well as Patrick Bryne (CEO of Overstock) did in his 2016 speech at CATO. If you have 40 minutes, watch this, he really cuts to the core. He also gave a 2014 speech about these same concepts-

Cryptocurrency: The Policy Challenges of a Decentralized Revolution - Luncheon Address
Oh, I was assuming the AI/math "moral ethical system" would be something coming out of the one world order like The Day The Earth Stood Still. “Klaatu barada nikto” .

I'll check out the speech! Thx