Why Hydrogenated Peanut Oil Restored Activities Of Mitochondrial Respiratory Complexes?

Hello all, I am very curious why this oil restored it, what is special about it? Can you help me with finding this answer? I will post this study where you can read the fatty acid composition of this oil. Thank you all.
Dietary supplementation of old rats with hydrogenated peanut oil restores activities of mitochondrial respiratory complexes in skeletal muscles
I think Ray mentioned this study in of his interviews with Patrick Timpone.

What I think is going on is that the hydrogenation process is lowering dramatically the amount of PUFA in the peanut oil, which is really high( over 30% of the fat in peanuts is PUFA). If you check the table, you can confirm that the amount of PUFAs in the hydrogenated peanut oil( HPO) is 0,47%, which is extremely low. I believe every single fat source in nature, as far as I know, has more PUFA than that, percentage- wise. Even coconut oil has more PUFA than the hydrogenated oil they used in the study, and coconut oil is great for the liver( increases energy production).

As Ray has stated, PUFAs poison the mitochondria, and saturated fats protect them. I don't know where oleic acid is regarding mitochondrial function, but considering that the HPO contained over 68% of MUFA, then I would think it's at least not harmful to them.

OP
Broken man

Broken man

What I think is going on is that the hydrogenation process is lowering dramatically the amount of PUFA in the peanut oil, which is really high( over 30% of the fat in peanuts is PUFA). If you check the table, you can confirm that the amount of PUFAs in the hydrogenated peanut oil( HPO) is 0,47%, which is extremely low. I believe every single fat source in nature, as far as I know, has more PUFA than that, percentage- wise. Even coconut oil has more PUFA than the hydrogenated oil they used in the study, and coconut oil is great for the liver( increases energy production).

As Ray has stated, PUFAs poison the mitochondria, and saturated fats protect them. I don't know where oleic acid is regarding mitochondrial function, but considering that the HPO contained over 68% of MUFA, then I would think it's at least not harmful to them.
It interesting but for some reason, I think Its not just because of hydrogenation. There must ne something special about it. You know, this forum is full of people low with pufa and still are strugling ....

tankasnowgod

The saturation of the oil is very high. Also.... what is that PUFA turning into? Long Chain Saturated Fatty Acids. Mostly Stearic, and maybe even longer fatty acids, like Behenic Acid. For PUFA to be that low, the oil would be close to fully hydrogenated.

OP
Broken man

Broken man

The saturation of the oil is very high. Also.... what is that PUFA turning into? Long Chain Saturated Fatty Acids. Mostly Stearic, and maybe even longer fatty acids, like Behenic Acid. For PUFA to be that low, the oil would be close to fully hydrogenated.
Hello, do you think I can buy fully hydrogenated peanut oil from US? I was trying to find some but google always points me to peanut butter with small amount of some hydrogenated oil so it doesnt spoil. Thank you.

tankasnowgod

Hello, do you think I can buy fully hydrogenated peanut oil from US? I was trying to find some but google always points me to peanut butter with small amount of some hydrogenated oil so it doesnt spoil. Thank you.

Maybe, but you would have to do quite a bit of searching online. It's not at all common as a direct to consumer product, none of the hydrogenated oils are.

OP
Broken man

Broken man

Maybe, but you would have to do quite a bit of searching online. It's not at all common as a direct to consumer product, none of the hydrogenated oils are.
I would like to ask, do you have access to full study?

It interesting but for some reason, I think Its not just because of hydrogenation. There must ne something special about it. You know, this forum is full of people low with pufa and still are strugling ....
Isn't it because rats don't live that long? Maybe they see changes more quickly due to that.

It's interesting that the amount of MUFA in this oil remained high after hydrogenation, and it actually increased a bit( from about 50% to 68%), so it seems that the PUFA is turning into SFAs, as well as into MUFAs. According to the table, there is a bit over 30% of SFA in the oil, which isn't a small amount, but I wouldn't call it high. If it was mostly hydrogenated, it would have way more, right? And yeah, there is Behenic acid in it. There is even Lignoceric acid in it too, which is 24 carbons long.

Peanuts, all types, raw Nutrition Facts & Calories

Zpol

Weird, I was looking for an update from you and found this. I don't know if you did anymore research into it but I came upon this same study over on the MitoLipin thread while I was researching phosphatidylcholine. The peanut oil increased the phospholipids in the old rats. Phospholipids, especially phosphatidylcholine, help to thin out bile and so free up the bile ducts so Phase two liver detoxification can be maximized. The mechanism of action is that they make cell membranes more flexible and fluid and make red blood cells more slippery so they flow through capillaries nice and easy. Phosphatidylcholine is also a precursor to acetylcholine which speeds up brain processing. So maybe instead of hydrogenated peanut oil we could use phosphatidylcholine as a supplement. It's hard to find with minimal PUFA though, I did find one. There's also eggs and liver which are rich in PC. You'd have to eat like 7-9 egg yolks per day to get enough PC if you have MTHFR, only 4 per day if not.
Maybe you already know all this!

OP
Broken man

Broken man

Weird, I was looking for an update from you and found this. I don't know if you did anymore research into it but I came upon this same study over on the MitoLipin thread while I was researching phosphatidylcholine. The peanut oil increased the phospholipids in the old rats. Phospholipids, especially phosphatidylcholine, help to thin out bile and so free up the bile ducts so Phase two liver detoxification can be maximized. The mechanism of action is that they make cell membranes more flexible and fluid and make red blood cells more slippery so they flow through capillaries nice and easy. Phosphatidylcholine is also a precursor to acetylcholine which speeds up brain processing. So maybe instead of hydrogenated peanut oil we could use phosphatidylcholine as a supplement. It's hard to find with minimal PUFA though, I did find one. There's also eggs and liver which are rich in PC. You'd have to eat like 7-9 egg yolks per day to get enough PC if you have MTHFR, only 4 per day if not.
Maybe you already know all this!
I am so sorry but I have to much work now and when I have a little bit of time, I am exhausted as f*ck . I will do the thread at Thursday it seems..... I tried to find hydrogenated peanut oil but didnt find one. I wanted it for the mitochondria boost. But I found some good things too... Search for D-limonene, Its good for bowel movements, estrogen detox and bile, memberamember @Inaut found some good studies and posted them on this forum and D- mannose A good sugar, d -mannose, suppresses autoimmune diabetes
The D- mannose is very interesting and could be helpful for us celiacs......You know I want to do a thread for all members that are battling autoimmune diseases, I think I did huge improvement and want to share it. I will be perfect example for testing

Zpol

I am so sorry but I have to much work now and when I have a little bit of time, I am exhausted as f*ck . I will do the thread at Thursday it seems..... I tried to find hydrogenated peanut oil but didnt find one. I wanted it for the mitochondria boost. But I found some good things too... Search for D-limonene, Its good for bowel movements, estrogen detox and bile, memberamember @Inaut found some good studies and posted them on this forum and D- mannose A good sugar, d -mannose, suppresses autoimmune diabetes
The D- mannose is very interesting and could be helpful for us celiacs......You know I want to do a thread for all members that are battling autoimmune diseases, I think I did huge improvement and want to share it. I will be perfect example for testing

No worries. I look forward to hearing more about your AI success but certainly no need to rush. I'll look into the D-mannose. I'm allergic to citrus peal so no go on the D-limonene for me but I have a relative who could probably benefit. Thanks!

@Zpol the product you posted is from soy.
Yes, it's seems there isn't one that is both soy free and PUFA free.

OP
Broken man

Broken man

No worries. I look forward to hearing more about your AI success but certainly no need to rush. I'll look into the D-mannose. I'm allergic to citrus peal so no go on the D-limonene for me but I have a relative who could probably benefit. Thanks!

Yes, it's seems there isn't one that is both soy free and PUFA free.
Did you try it?

orewashin

Are hydrogenated oils free of unsaturated fats? What does RP think about them?