Why has Dr Mark Hyman aged so much in 3 months?

Jam

Different lighting, makeup, and perspective, with a dash of added stress?

Z

Zsazsa

Covid? Some people I know who had more or less severe covid aged 10 years in one.

Peatful

I think he looks the same- however he doesn’t look robust or healthy at all.
Same with Keto pushing Berg.

He answers the question you pose in the first 30 seconds.
No fructose.
Sugar bad dogma.

Having no fat; meaning being too thin or too lean; ages you cosmetically as well as metabolically.
That’s why Hollywood is super thin but requires all the surgery and fillers etc.

GreekDemiGod

Is he a low-carber now? Wasn't he a half-vegan, half-pescatarian?
Just looked him up and he is 62. For a 62 year old, he looks just fine to me.

Z

Zsazsa

No fructose.
Sugar bad dogma.

Having no fat; meaning being too thin or too lean; ages you cosmetically as well as metabolically.
That’s why Hollywood is super thin but requires all the surgery and fillers etc.
I thought he went low carb around 2017

Peatful

Probably so.
Certainly can’t go back on everything he has pushed for five years now huh?

Too much pride. Ego. Books. Etc.

But too thin. Too lean.
I thought he went low carb around 2017

Herbie

He had good parents but looks not aged but many hypothyroid symptoms. Doubt his sleep is restorative due to stress hormones. He could recover and look much more vibrant and young.

OP
P

Peatness

I’m not passing judgement on how he looks generally, just wondering why there is a marked difference in such a short time span. Anyway, I hope he is alright – the world is so much more toxic than it was a year ago.

Does not seem significant to me, likely the bad beard and a night of bad sleep (looked at the thumbnails, he has a beard in both videos)

SamYo123

No fructose.
Sugar bad dogma.

if u got red skin from sugar each time u wouldnt say its inflammation?

Peatful

if u got red skin from sugar each time u wouldnt say its inflammation?
Maybe.

But if it is sugar - than why?

It’s usually not a problem with the “thing” as much as it’s with the person’s ability to handle the “thing”.
It points to a weakness.

Always eat sugar or fructose or whatever form in a balanced macro way.
40/30/30 or 50/20/20. C/P/F

SamYo123

Maybe.

But if it is sugar - than why?

It’s usually not a problem with the “thing” as much as it’s with the person’s ability to handle the “thing”.
It points to a weakness.

Always eat sugar or fructose or whatever form in a balanced macro way.
40/30/30 or 50/20/20. C/P/F
Not possbile when you drink Oj on the go
What about all the people say fruit must be eaten on its own?

Peatful

Not possbile when you drink Oj on the go
What about all the people say fruit must be eaten on its own?
I don’t recommend it for several reasons.

If it works for people- great.
But if it doesn’t- pay attention.

SamYo123

I don’t recommend it for several reasons.

If it works for people- great.
But if it doesn’t- pay attention.
And how do you win at

"Some days it works some days it dont?"

>wake up drink oj then breakfirst

That oj first thing is important to lower the cortisol first thing.. Why wait until i have my breakfirst ready?

I am work I go for a pee break, OJ is there, I drink it.. to lower cortisol.. better to not drink it?

U see what i mean?

SamYo123

On active days I nearly eat one kg worth of sugar (fruits, lactose, cane sugar in any form). How come it does not inflame me? Strange
Lactose doesn't do it

and for example, some cookie, pufa cake/bisucit junk food made with sugar, wouldnt do it either

Lactose doesn't do it

and for example, some cookie, pufa cake/bisucit junk food made with sugar, wouldnt do it either
Maybe your problem is mineralcorticoids because these are the hormones which actually do the things what we understand as inflammation. Glucocorticoids, which are usually lowered by sugar, are suppressants and basically put a rag over the ugly mug of mineralcorticoids. Together they are syntoxic, the silent inflammation you hear so often.

SamYo123

Maybe your problem is mineralcorticoids because these are the hormones which actually do the things what we understand as inflammation. Glucocorticoids, which are usually lowered by sugar, are suppressants and basically put a rag over the ugly mug of mineralcorticoids. Together they are syntoxic, the silent inflammation you hear so often.
So how to proceed from here, if that is my issue?

So how to proceed from here, if that is my issue?
Why if? Tell me a better explanation behind inflammation if not mineralcorticoids.
Your problems with skin after sugar might simply be a problem of vitamin A deficiency or Estrogen excess, too, causing excessive keratosis.
Increasing and retaining the ionic minerals usually lowers mineralcorticoids, Sodium decreases Aldosterone after a while similarly to how higher Calcium might eventually lower PTH.
I have read some posts of yours in the past too and I can not lose the feeling of defeatism when reading them. If sugar is not an universal problem for everyone in regards to inflammation, then you have to search for the things that change when you recreate the situation, except the increase of sugar. I can only provide hints.

A third perspective might be that you have strong hypoxia and most of your cells are strongly fermenting. Maybe you have heavy breathing too and a cancer diagnosis ahead of you?