Why feeling bad on lactoferrin ?

iso1

I got some weird head pressure and blunted mental effect and my sleep is disturbed, is it possible my hemoglobin and iron went sky high ?

Last edited:

Peatful

I got some weird head pressure and blunted mental effect and my sleep is disturbed, is it possible my hemoglobin and iron went sky high ?
Anecdotal, but for me- it troubled my weak gut, which probably therefore increased my serotonin.
Sounds plausible for you as well.

Eberhardt

Just emailed Peat about lactoferrin. I dont know if its the problem, but he was sceptical to supplemental lactoferrin for the same reason as hes sceptical to induvidual aminoacids . He got some sort of allergic reaction to it

DrJ

In case anyone comes across this thread and hasn't figured it out yet, there are actually different types of lactoferrin:

- Apolactoferrin - contains no iron molecules but will very readily bind iron molecules
- Monolactoferrin - contains one iron atom
- Hololactoferrin - contains 2 iron atoms

Basically if a supp only says lactoferrin you have no idea which one it is. If it says apolactoferrin then you know it is the iron-free version assuming you trust the supplier. I have never seen one say hololactoferrin.

It doesn't take much brainpower to see this situation can be very problematic if not dangerous depending on one's iron status.

If you have an iron deficiency and you are actually taking apolactoferrin you are going to have a bad time because it will pull iron out of your body.

If you have normal to high iron status or even hemochromatosis and are taking hololactoferrin labeled as lactoferrin you are going to have a bad time.

And note that if you are trying to take lactoferrin to fight bacteria or yeast via its ability to deny iron to those organisms, unless it is apolactoferrin you are going to make the situation worse.

Hope that helps get everyone sorted on the topic of lactoferrin.