Why Doesn't Peat Recommend Purple Grape Juice

J

jb116

I don't think it's mockery more than it is confusion. Meat is heme iron. Plant derived food is non-heme iron.

OP
ecstatichamster
You would have it that I repeat myself?o You must first address my counterargument with your own disproof in order to substantiate a refutation! What form of mockery is this? Have at thee!:punch:

sorry my good knight. I did not choose to err through mockery and if I did doth then I apologize.

Fetch

my question is why does concord grape juice make my poop green and smell exactly like concord grape juice. Check the internet I am not alone.

InChristAlone

I can get green poop from eating blue food coloring. So it is likely just the pigments in it.

Fetch

yeah probably but why the intense smell? no other juice or food really has that effect but concord grape juice and my wife and a few other people I have asked have no idea what I'm talking about if I have gas it also smell strongly like the juice.

Peater Piper

Red meat still has about 30% non-heme iron, and the heme iron and animal protein both increase the absorption of the non-heme iron.

Grape juice is crazy high in fluoride due to the type of pesticide used on the crops. From memory, white grape juice was the worst, with nearly 7mg per liter! I think that it's better to avoid it for long term consumption. Drinking a glass of non- organic grape juice every now and then won't be terrible, but if drinking a lot of it everyday, then I think either organic or made without the skin is necessary for safety, since, according to the study, fluoride was there because of the pesticides used, which accumulate on the skin of the grape.
But grape juice is great overall. Good source of manganese, sugar, potassium, has some magnesium as well. It has polyphenols too, as has been mentioned at the beginning of the thread. Anecdotally, when I was drinking some grape juice, I noticed a boost in memory, and it seemed to have an antibiotic like effect on my stomach( lowered bloating). I attribute those positive effects to the antioxidants. I had to stop drinking it though. It wasn't organic, and, over time, my hands and feet started to get cold very often( likely the fluoride content).

schultz

Not good to drink juice with red meat because vit C amplifies iron absorption. I have meat with coke or coffee.

Grape juice doesn't have much vitamin C unless it has been fortified. You can find ones that are not fortified. Also, the grape juice inhibits the iron absorption, which also happens to be the topic of this thread.

only true for non heme iron.

heme iron is unaffected by vitamin C. It is still inhibited by calcium.

Red meat is non heme iron

Red meat still has about 30% non-heme iron, and the heme iron and animal protein both increase the absorption of the non-heme iron.

Yes, red meat is a mix of heme and non-heme, favouring heme. Liver is the same but favouring non-heme (I think liver is like 70% non-heme or something).

A latte would inhibit iron nicely (coffee and calcium).

achillea

Oranges are also sprayed. What fruit isn't sprayed? Organic fruit is typically very expensive. I like to say organic is only for wealthy people. Or people without children. Plus big ag organics will use questionable 'natural' pesticides.
There is a saying " Cry now or pay later."
Round up today and dis ease later.
You can afford a cell phone but not organic food. A $2.50 cup of coffee a trip to the hair stylist.
LIFE IS A MATTER OF CHOICE

Dr. B

Grapes ,the sweet ones are great in my opinion, refills glycogen stores fasts. But yes they probably have pesticides on skin, you probably can't juice them while avoiding pesticides in your juice.and also some have seeds in them, full of pufa.

BTW I believe some grapes also have some allergens/histamin in them.if I remembering correctly.

But anyway I enjoy them, still superior than many other foods/fruits.
isnt it a non issue if organic grape juice?

Sefton10

I had to stop drinking it though. It wasn't organic, and, over time, my hands and feet started to get cold very often( likely the fluoride content).
On paper grape juice is great. They have to screw with everything don't they :banghead:

Dr. B

On paper grape juice is great. They have to screw with everything don't they :banghead:
must be only the from concentrates since they use added water vs not from concentrate is just juice from grapes alone?

Sefton10

must be only the from concentrates since they use added water vs not from concentrate is just juice from grapes alone?
I think @Rafael Lao Wai's point was the fluoride comes from the pesticides used and it accumulates on the skins.