Why does

SamYo123

why would orange juice make me a bit gassy, where-as starch doesn't? I thought starch feed endotoxin and Oj doesn't according to peat

If anything makes you gassy it feeding endotoxin right?

Vinero

I get endotoxin symptoms such as white tongue and bloating when I drink too much fruit juice, milk, or coffee. Drinking when you are not thirsty is a problem, as you will ingest too much water. I think excessive water intake causes a stress response, increasing prolactin and lowering your metabolism. Getting your nutrition from solid food seems to solve this problem, increasing your metabolism and lowering endotoxin. Only drink orange juice when you are actually thirsty. It's not that orange juice feeds endotoxin. Rather, it's the stress response and lowered metabolism that causes endotoxin to increase. Starch is often tolerated better than sugar since most starches have low water content such as white rice, bread, pasta and potatoes. A lot of sugars are high water content such as fruit, fruit juice, coke, and milk.
Refined sugar, honey and maple syrup are sources of sugar with low water content. Adding these sugars to your meals can really increase your metabolism. For example, bread with butter and honey, pancakes with maple syrup, ice cream, and white chocolate.