Why does vitamin K2 mk4 make my skin dry?

Kaka

I usually have oily skin, and have done for as long as I can I remember. Whenever I take the K2 mk4 drops, my skin is far less oily, which is puzzling, since I thought it was meant to increase androgens.....so what else is at play here?

Belsazar

Maybe the underlying dogma of androgens increasing sebum production should be questioned. Vitamin K2MK4 can act as an "estrogen inhibitor".

Dr. B

I usually have oily skin, and have done for as long as I can I remember. Whenever I take the K2 mk4 drops, my skin is far less oily, which is puzzling, since I thought it was meant to increase androgens.....so what else is at play here?

i thought peat said estrogens and PUFA, and squalene cause increased sebum production. puberty seems to be when acne starts for most (and continues for some) and it seems to be estrogen related. technically any aromatizable androgen could also increase sebum

Son of Enki

I know the topic of vitamin A is somewhat controversial but I had the same issue after moving from east coast to very dry east of Lake Tahoe climate. I started to take little supplements of T4 and T3 daily Plus around 5 micrograms of vitamin K MK4, plus a lot of vitamin D3, (staying insane amount of time outdoor in high altitude). No natural creams, lotions, aloe would help. And then I remembered that Ray once mentioned that all the above may create insufficiency of vitamin A despite even eating some organs, egg yolks etc. I started to supplement vitamin A around 30000 IU a day. Symptoms almost entirely disappeared after less than four days. I also did some therapy with ozone and hydrogen but probably vitamin A was the key.

Belsazar

I know the topic of vitamin A is somewhat controversial but I had the same issue after moving from east coast to very dry east of Lake Tahoe climate. I started to take little supplements of T4 and T3 daily Plus around 5 micrograms of vitamin K MK4, plus a lot of vitamin D3, (staying insane amount of time outdoor in high altitude). No natural creams, lotions, aloe would help. And then I remembered that Ray once mentioned that all the above may create insufficiency of vitamin A despite even eating some organs, egg yolks etc. I started to supplement vitamin A around 30000 IU a day. Symptoms almost entirely disappeared after less than four days. I also did some therapy with ozone and hydrogen but probably vitamin A was the key.
One man's meat is another man's poison.

Kray

This is very helpful info- having similar problems. How did you take the A, if I may ask- orally, or topically? If orally, what best to take with. If topically, I guess it wouldn't matter when? Where on your skin, if topically? I have read umbilicus is a good location for absorption of supplements.

Thanks!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals