Why does Vitamin E gives me uterine cramps...

Angel45

I keep trying to add back in Vitamin E but every time I do I get uterine cramps and hot flashes. I take only 100% rda. I can only find information on vitamin E helping with cramps etc... But I noticed Vitamin E is said to antagonize estrogen receptors by binding to and blocking the receptors which is the same thing soy/flax are suppose to do. Some people feel great on soy or flax for hormone balancing but I don't. I don't get how vitamin E supplements are suppose to be safe for estrogen sensitive people. I also noticed that seeds high in vitamin E like sunflower are used for menses cycling. Anyone else notice estrogen mimicking effects of vitamin e.

aliml

Probably you are Th2 dominant.
People with Th2 dominance allergic reactions might be more likely.
Vitamin E/Soy/Estrogen/Progesterone may disrupt immune balance and raise Th2.

Last edited:

Birdie

I suggest you check what Ray Peat says about vitamin E. The last I read on raypeat.com or heard in an interview, he doesn't consider the products he's looked at lately to be safe. He started advising against using it a few years back because he couldn't find a safe one. Modern manufacturing...

Birdie

I suggest you check what Ray Peat says about vitamin E. The last I read on raypeat.com or heard in an interview, he doesn't consider the products he's looked at lately to be safe. He started advising against using it a few years back because he couldn't find a safe one. Modern manufacturing...
P.S. I started back using Unique E which we used to all use but I use it only occasionally. It isn't as good as it was. If anybody knows of one that Ray has mentioned as possibly safe, lately, would love to hear of it.

There a fairly new thread on finding a good vitamin E. Maybe search for that.

OP
A

Angel45

That makes sense. I didn't have allergic reactions until after using progesterone for over a year.

This was me. Progest-E gave me cramps in my lower back at night. I stopped it 6 months ago and now since adding it back in I am ok with a drop of it the last two nights.

aliml

This was me. Progest-E gave me cramps in my lower back at night. I stopped it 6 months ago and now since adding it back in I am ok with a drop of it the last two nights.
In TCM, the tendons are associated with the liver and the liver is more active at night, and medications and supplements can place an extra strain on the liver. The metabolism of Progesterone and Vitamin E also occurs mainly in the liver, so cramps in the lower back may be a message from the liver!

In TCM, the tendons are associated with the liver and the liver is more active at night, and medications and supplements can place an extra strain on the liver. The metabolism of Progesterone and Vitamin E also occurs mainly in the liver, so cramps in the lower back may be a message from the liver!
It is like my tailbone lower back. That seems to be too low to be my liver. It feels like menstrual cramps.

OP
A

Angel45

Thank you I will read that article. I believe I overdosed on progesterone at 400mg+ a day for over a year...yikes. Now I have asthma symptoms and get flushed really easy and developed an allergy to aspirin..

Dotdash

In a private email I asked Dr Peat about this a couple of years ago. He said it has to do with the binding of magnesium by the larger muscles leaving other muscles deficient. I'll see if i can locate his reply.