Why does T3 solo feel way better than T4/T3?

Waynish

Maybe because almost no one has a thyroid issue. Perhaps everyone has a crappy liver that cannot work at full capacity... If indeed the liver is mostly what is making it "active thyroid hormone..."

Kozak

Maybe because almost no one has a thyroid issue. Perhaps everyone has a crappy liver that cannot work at full capacity... If indeed the liver is mostly what is making it "active thyroid hormone..."
I would say the gut is the problem most of the time. Gut problems overload the liver. However gut problems are connected to thyroid underactivity as well.
I strongly disagree that "almost no one has a thyroid issue". Very high TSH and very low T3/T4 can not be explained by overloaded liver.

I would say the gut is the problem most of the time. Gut problems overload the liver. However gut problems are connected to thyroid underactivity as well.
I strongly disagree that "almost no one has a thyroid issue". Very high TSH and very low T3/T4 can not be explained by overloaded liver.
99% of health problems go back to problems with the thyroid or endotoxin overload

OP
P

PointOutside

99% of health problems go back to problems with the thyroid or endotoxin overload
But couldn’t a temporary but long enough thyroid replacement regimen have long-lasting/permanent improvements in regards to endotoxin/liver health? Assuming one maintains their diet, etc.

Go back to basics and check the definition of endotoxins.
? don't be so vague. A healthy metabolism that supports the cognitive function necessary to make proper lifestyle and dietary choices is the first line of defense against any harmful health condition or intermediary

Solboy

Because hypothyroid individuals tend to produce a greater amount of reverse T3 from T4. Going T3 solo is a good way to bypass this obstacle.

FitnessMike

I've been trying T3/T4 for 1,5 year now - been following Danny Roddys and Ray Peats recommendations.
Trying different brands, different ratios etc.

No success in increasing temps or pulse, even on high dosages.
It has impacted my blood work though:

TSH has dropped from 3.4 mIU/L to <0.010.
T3, free has raised from 5.9 pmol/L to 8.3.
T4, free has raised from 11 pmol/L to 13.
Testosterone has raised from 12 nmol/L to 19.

But I feel no difference then before taking thyroid.

Thinking of trying pure T3.

I am diagnosed with CFS and as I understand some patients with CFS have had great results with pure T3:

If you where going to take pure T3 for CFS - how would you take it?
yes fam, its same as me, thyroid were accumulated in the serum unused with high rt3, now starting t3 only

Waynish

I think a fair comparison would be T3 purified from NDT vs NDT. Rather than synthetic T3 vs NDT.

GreekDemiGod

Does T3 has to be taken regularly throughout the day, every 1-2 hrs?
What if you just take 1-2 mcg, and then a few hours later, another 1-2 mcg?
If I take it irregularly, even 1mcg feels like a strong dose.

Been saying this lately as well. T3 is king. When you're hypothyroid, T4 is likely to convert to reverse t3 which has antimetabolic effects. I don't think lack of T4 is the problem for someone who follows Peat's guidelines and has adequate vitamin D and other micronutrient levels. So taking T4 can be counterproductive. I plan on taking 12.5mcg of T3 with breakfast/dinner daily, so one cynomel tablet per day.

Danny Roddy quote on T3 (liothyronine):View attachment 29317

I Like this very easy to split. But is it too high of a dose?

GreekDemiGod

Switching from T4/T3 (I started thyroid over two weeks ago) to T3 solo I started to gain way more benefits compared to both
First of all, 2 weeks is very little time to draw conclusions When someone is prescribed T4 medication, it takes several weeks for the dose and effects to stabilise.
What works in the short term does not necessarily work in the long term. You will soon realise this.

Birdie

I haven't read the thread today, but a reminder that Ray explained if you take too much T3 on an empty stomach this can set you up for increases in RT3. It's best to take the T3 (Cynomel) dose over the day in bits and with food.

I take one Cynomel throughout the day (when I remember) and also take Armour thyroid in the morning.

OP
P

PointOutside

First of all, 2 weeks is very little time to draw conclusions When someone is prescribed T4 medication, it takes several weeks for the dose and effects to stabilise.
What works in the short term does not necessarily work in the long term. You will soon realise this.
All is stable now. Everything is going smoothly for me (good temps/pulse) in regards to thyroid dosing since making this post.

BalkanPeater

The only benefit from supplementing T4 is lowered adrenaline for me. In terms of fat loss, T3 is more efficient but I need a rather high dose of it to see benefits.