Why does T3 solo feel way better than T4/T3?

P

PointOutside

Switching from T4/T3 (I started thyroid over two weeks ago) to T3 solo I started to gain way more benefits compared to both. Everything that T3/T4 gave me but much better. My FT4 before thyroid was in the middle of the ref. I can't get RT3 (yet) tested so maybe it was high? Previously was on a 2:1 T4/T3 ratio. T3 dose stayed exactly the same but cut out the T4.

also strange thing but since starting thyroid ive gotten a strong urge to stretch out my muscles very frequently and it feels really nice. never had to urge to stretch pretty much ever before.

E

eat my peat

Following this post. Have been taking t4/t3 and haven't switched to t3 only. must say this has made me very intrigued to do so. how much t3 are you taking in a day and how frequently?

Beastmode

Switching from T4/T3 (I started thyroid over two weeks ago) to T3 solo I started to gain way more benefits compared to both. Everything that T3/T4 gave me but much better. My FT4 before thyroid was in the middle of the ref. I can't get RT3 (yet) tested so maybe it was high? Previously was on a 2:1 T4/T3 ratio. T3 dose stayed exactly the same but cut out the T4.

also strange thing but since starting thyroid ive gotten a strong urge to stretch out my muscles very frequently and it feels really nice. never had to urge to stretch pretty much ever before.
I can relate. Peat has told me you don't have to do any converting of the T4 to T3 so it's much easier for the system to assimulate. For when I first started any thyroid, he also suggested it takes less time to "dial in" the amount needed with T3 compared to T3/T4.

Not sure of your gender, but it appears even harder for women to do the combo compared to T3 alone.

OP
P

PointOutside

Following this post. Have been taking t4/t3 and haven't switched to t3 only. must say this has made me very intrigued to do so. how much t3 are you taking in a day and how frequently?
Before I was doing 9 mcg T3 and 18 mcg T4. Now just 9 mcg T3.

OP
P

PointOutside

I can relate. Peat has told me you don't have to do any converting of the T4 to T3 so it's much easier for the system to assimulate. For when I first started any thyroid, he also suggested it takes less time to "dial in" the amount needed with T3 compared to T3/T4.

Not sure of your gender, but it appears even harder for women to do the combo compared to T3 alone.
I am a male. I have a mutation that reduces T4-T3 conversion but not sure on how much that really means.

peateats1

What brand of t3 are you using? I've got cynomel and can't tell if it even works or not. I'd be interested in trying a different brand.

Been saying this lately as well. T3 is king. When you're hypothyroid, T4 is likely to convert to reverse t3 which has antimetabolic effects. I don't think lack of T4 is the problem for someone who follows Peat's guidelines and has adequate vitamin D and other micronutrient levels. So taking T4 can be counterproductive. I plan on taking 12.5mcg of T3 with breakfast/dinner daily, so one cynomel tablet per day.

Danny Roddy quote on T3 (liothyronine):
1634950811463.png

wayney

I've been trying T3/T4 for 1,5 year now - been following Danny Roddys and Ray Peats recommendations.
Trying different brands, different ratios etc.

No success in increasing temps or pulse, even on high dosages.
It has impacted my blood work though:

TSH has dropped from 3.4 mIU/L to <0.010.
T3, free has raised from 5.9 pmol/L to 8.3.
T4, free has raised from 11 pmol/L to 13.
Testosterone has raised from 12 nmol/L to 19.

But I feel no difference then before taking thyroid.

Thinking of trying pure T3.

I am diagnosed with CFS and as I understand some patients with CFS have had great results with pure T3:

If you where going to take pure T3 for CFS - how would you take it?

GreekDemiGod

Took some T3 and Magnesium this evening.It gave me an awesome trip. Reached 37.3 Celsius, my highest temperature ever. Now I know what Peat talks about when he mentions euphoria as a sign of optimal metabolic health.

OP
P

PointOutside

Took some T3 and Magnesium this evening.It gave me an awesome trip. Reached 37.3 Celsius, my highest temperature ever. Now I know what Peat talks about when he mentions euphoria as a sign of optimal metabolic health.
Interesting, definitely have had euphoric periods since starting this. Now to try to stay in that state.

Awesome. Yeah I've heard Peat say that taking thyroid and mag together is insanely therapeutic, as t3 is needed for the body to utilize magnesium

Sefton10

I am diagnosed with CFS and as I understand some patients with CFS have had great results with pure T3:
That article and the links within it was a very interesting read. Thanks for posting.

Kozak

Try circadian T3 as well. Might get even more benefit.

Attachments

• Free Triiodothyronine Has a Distinct Circadian.pdf
    392 KB · Views: 50
  • saravanan-24-h-eced_699.pdf
    253.4 KB · Views: 31