Why Does Sugar Seem To Make My Inflammation Worse?

tigerlily96

The NHS is fantastic and underappreciated. People in other countries have to pay absolutely thousands and end up getting into debt after having surgeries and paying for medications. Unfortunately specific things like endotoxin tests are too advanced to be involved, but the amount saved on healthcare over our lifetimes it is worth spending money on more specific things.
I guess it's because I live near to the voted second worse hospital in the country plus NHS has never helped me or my family but I understand what you are saying.

Kyle M

Inflames my scalp, makes me feel like I can't breathe kinda inflames my lungs (don't have asthma) and I get like teenage spots and I never even had spots as s teenager, lol

Ok that sounds bad. What are teenage spots? And do you eat liver?

tigerlily96

Ok that sounds bad. What are teenage spots? And do you eat liver?
Sorry forgot to reply! Like little whiteheads and I don't eat liver as my vitamin A levels are fine. Off topic but my MCS has gone down so much off gluten! Just thought I would tell you

Kyle M

Sorry forgot to reply! Like little whiteheads and I don't eat liver as my vitamin A levels are fine. Off topic but my MCS has gone down so much off gluten! Just thought I would tell you
Vitamin A isn't the only thing in liver. A lot of people don't like to eat it. The idea is that real foods like liver might contain subtypes of vitamins and other bioactive compounds that aren't part of the reductionist list of micronutrients. That and they may be in a more absorbable, useful form than from supplements.

Remind me what MCS is lol. I'm getting overwhelmed with acronyms in my life.

tigerlily96

Vitamin A isn't the only thing in liver. A lot of people don't like to eat it. The idea is that real foods like liver might contain subtypes of vitamins and other bioactive compounds that aren't part of the reductionist list of micronutrients. That and they may be in a more absorbable, useful form than from supplements.

Remind me what MCS is lol. I'm getting overwhelmed with acronyms in my life.
Multiple Chemical Sensitivity, literally amazing difference. Hmm, maybe liver will stop my hair fall, that or gelatin?

tigerlily96

What were the symptoms of MCS?
Headaches, anger, low blood pressure, low blood sugar. Anytime I ate additives or food chemicals or sat by someone wearing perfume, deodorant or even strong smelling soap, would get one or all of those issues.

Kyle M

Headaches, anger, low blood pressure, low blood sugar. Anytime I ate additives or food chemicals or sat by someone wearing perfume, deodorant or even strong smelling soap, would get one or all of those issues.
Any gut symptoms?

Syncopated

Seems like every time I increase my sugar intake inflammation starts getting worse.

For instance my hemorrhoids definitely seem more inflamed and I have this aches in parts of my body.

A few years ago I was having issues with my lower back. I completely cut out sugar (a paleo thing) and the pain left in about a week. I've had that happen a couple times.

Try the Wholesome brand from Paraguay. It's the purest sugar available besides getting chemical lab grade assayed glucose.

http://wholesomesweet.com/product/organic-cane-sugar/

beachbum

I don't understand what you're saying here in light of the post being about the fact that sugar seems to increase inflammation for me. Are you suggesting that I do high sugar in spite of the increased inflammation?
I know this is an old post but what they are saying about sugar is eat high sugar from whole foods like whole fruits and starchs if can handle them like potatoes, squash.. not processed like bread, pasta, and not refined sugar(white). I have inflammation too but it has gotten way better since I switch to whole fruits and veggies and honey (this may be a problem for some), I usually use it only in coffee. I do a 80mg aspirin once a day before noon only because it gives me energy. Oh also what they mean by nutrient dense food is food like whole fruits/veggies, liver, eggs, IMO cheese yum.. not foods like pasta or white sugar.. processed foods.

nikolabeacon

As you can see many people have similar problems with using too much sugars as an energy no matter if it is from fruit or table sugar.

Reason is very simple. You can use sugar effectively only if Hormonal Environment or Profile in body is perfect and ready to handle all those sugar. And if your Liver is pefectly healthy and not fatty. B vitamins will not help if those things are not satisfied.

And you will hardly make a favourable Internal Hormonal environment unless you start to take various hormones. And there is a problem of proper usage and paths of those hormones when you start to play with them + constant evironmental influence from other life factors and shaping of all of the other hormones in the body. And than coherence with the environment will be completely lost.

If you are very knowledgeable with hormonal paths and interactions and with roots and causes of some hormonal disbalances from the various activities and if your environment can support all this than you maybe can try to make some more favourable internal hormonal environment that can support many things that Peat recommends. But even than it will be hard to keep it in balance and check for a longer period of time without sudden changes and major problems

And the more sudden changes your body goes through (especially in therms of hormones) the more stresfull it will be and the more harder it will be to again establish homeostasis.

BlueEyeWolf

Forum Supporter
Seems like every time I increase my sugar intake inflammation starts getting worse.

For instance my hemorrhoids definitely seem more inflamed and I have this aches in parts of my body.

A few years ago I was having issues with my lower back. I completely cut out sugar (a paleo thing) and the pain left in about a week. I've had that happen a couple times.
Sugar is major cause of inflammation to some of us. If I have too much all over body aches and back ache. Some people are sugar sensitive No nutritional value.

Hgreen56

This topic you made was in 2016

Now its 2021 and you haven't give any update.
I see you still active here. So can you tell how you are doing?

Vins7

Are you getting lots of B vitamins/potassium/magnesium?

My opinion is that sugar is completely devoid of nutrients and you'll need to make certain your nutritional reserves are topped off if you eat sugar....I know, not a popular opinion around here...oh well.
How can I ensure a good content of vitamins b / magnesium / potassium with my diet?
Fruits, meat, milk, cocoa?
I don't know if I'm going in the right direction with those foods.
Any more suggestions for foods that my diet can be based on?