Why Does Sugar Seem To Make My Inflammation Worse?

Ewelina

Yes, my digestion is definitely better now, but it's a slow and laborious process. I've discovered that I may not process fructose well, therefore I have problems with fruits and fruit juices. So now my sugar source is mainly unrefined cane sugar and glutinous rice. I've cut most fat from my diet and now - I think - I digest starch much better (or rather amylopectin, to be precise). It's still too soon to say, but I think some things are improving (skin is getting better, more energy, less water retention).

tigerlily96

Yes, my digestion is definitely better now, but it's a slow and laborious process. I've discovered that I may not process fructose well, therefore I have problems with fruits and fruit juices. So now my sugar source is mainly unrefined cane sugar and glutinous rice. I've cut most fat from my diet and now - I think - I digest starch much better (or rather amylopectin, to be precise). It's still too soon to say, but I think some things are improving (skin is getting better, more energy, less water retention).
How about now, Ewelina?

Ewelina

Unfortunately my gut is still messed up. I had to cut all starch out and even reduce sugar intake. Now I'm eating more saturated fat as I need calories and there is not much left to eat. Very disappointing.

tigerlily96

Unfortunately my gut is still messed up. I had to cut all starch out and even reduce sugar intake. Now I'm eating more saturated fat as I need calories and there is not much left to eat. Very disappointing.
I hear you, I'm much the same.

Kyle M

You think it would make an autoimmune condition worse?
Hmm that's a good question. I would say that in general, if there is an inflammatory stimulus, greater energy available to the immune cells in that area will cause more activity by those cells (more secretion of prostaglandins and cytokines, and more of the effects of those substances). That may be only an acute effect, but it depends if the thing causing the inflammation is dealt with. I would suspect bacterial products in auto-immunity.

tigerlily96

Hmm that's a good question. I would say that in general, if there is an inflammatory stimulus, greater energy available to the immune cells in that area will cause more activity by those cells (more secretion of prostaglandins and cytokines, and more of the effects of those substances). That may be only an acute effect, but it depends if the thing causing the inflammation is dealt with. I would suspect bacterial products in auto-immunity.
Wow I just never thought of that! But it makes so much sense! My head feels so much more inflamed after sugar, making my alopecia worse and I blamed it on all sorts of things but it's got to be sugar for the reasons you've stated!

Kyle M

Wow I just never thought of that! But it makes so much sense! My head feels so much more inflamed after sugar, making my alopecia worse and I blamed it on all sorts of things but it's got to be sugar for the reasons you've stated!
Is it different for you when you eat complex carbs?

Kyle M

Gluten gives the same reaction, as does milk. Complex carbs definitely better
You could try antibiotics. If you have really good healthcare resources you might even be able to get a post-prandial endotoxemia test, although I don't see many doctors even understanding that.

tigerlily96

You could try antibiotics. If you have really good healthcare resources you might even be able to get a post-prandial endotoxemia test, although I don't see many doctors even understanding that.
Here in the UK NHS is not the best, but I do wonder if bacteria is a problem.

raypeatclips

Here in the UK NHS is not the best, but I do wonder if bacteria is a problem.

The NHS is fantastic and underappreciated. People in other countries have to pay absolutely thousands and end up getting into debt after having surgeries and paying for medications. Unfortunately specific things like endotoxin tests are too advanced to be involved, but the amount saved on healthcare over our lifetimes it is worth spending money on more specific things.

Kyle M

The NHS is fantastic and underappreciated. People in other countries have to pay absolutely thousands and end up getting into debt after having surgeries and paying for medications. Unfortunately specific things like endotoxin tests are too advanced to be involved, but the amount saved on healthcare over our lifetimes it is worth spending money on more specific things.
Seriously? What does saving money mean in that context? Compared to what, the same exact service and product availability? The same amount of development that would occur in a non-totalitarian system?

You save a lot of money over your lifetime eating salad dressing with soybean oil in it compared to olive oil, or cheap foods made with gums and chemical stabilizers.

raypeatclips

Seriously? What does saving money mean in that context? Compared to what, the same exact service and product availability? The same amount of development that would occur in a non-totalitarian system?

You save a lot of money over your lifetime eating salad dressing with soybean oil in it compared to olive oil, or cheap foods made with gums and chemical stabilizers.

I'm afraid I don't understand your reply.

Kyle M

I'm afraid I don't understand your reply.
It's the seen and the unseen, you are commenting on the national health services based entirely on the seen effects, without an imagination of what else would replace it. Saving money, without a consideration on quality and service, is a poor metric of something being good or not.

raypeatclips

It's the seen and the unseen, you are commenting on the national health services based entirely on the seen effects, without an imagination of what else would replace it. Saving money, without a consideration on quality and service, is a poor metric of something being good or not.

I think the quality and service of the NHS is very good. It has become popular for the media, which is owned by billionaires which have fingers in pies of private healthcare, to slander the NHS at any opportunity. Don't believe everything you read in the papers about the NHS being bad, thats what the people owning the papers want you to think. $$$

I do have an imagination of what would replace it, the American system of insurance and billing people extortionate amounts for services that we get for free, or for extremely cheap in the UK. Many websites report the leading cause of bankruptcy in America is due to medical bills.

Kyle M

I do have an imagination of what would replace it, the American system of insurance and billing people extortionate amounts for services that we get for free, or for extremely cheap in the UK. Many websites report the leading cause of bankruptcy in America is due to medical bills.

Your imagination medical systems span from the US to the UK system extant right now?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals