Why Does Ray Still Take Thyroid?

FredSonoma

sladerunner69 said:
post 116803 Ray peat became a professor in the late 1950's so I would be surprised if he was born in 1936. I was talking with Danny Roddy, who knows Dr. Peat quite well and says he is in his late 80's...

interesting well that changes things a lot if it's true.

Last edited by a moderator:
icecreamlover said:
post 116842 i wonder if he uses red light on the thyroid as well? seems to make me mildly hyper and has no negative feedback loop

how long did it take to have this effect? I've done about 4 or 5 sessions and no results so far.

honeybee

docall18 said:
post 116801
honeybee said:
post 116656
Such_Saturation said:
Trump is a bigot, racist, entitled white supremecist who spews hate and intolerance. He is the worst sort of human being and unfortunately he has a lot of money. He is running for president of the us. He is not attractive at all-physically or otherwise.
I would take half of a Ray Peats over 1000 of that a** any day.

Trump says it as it is, he also has his own money and is not a puppet on a string.

Like Ray Peat he is anti-establishment, and is demonized by main-stream media.

He is in no way like Peat. Please. Read some more and educate yourself and stop listening and letting the bobble heads on tv do your thinking for you.

Lightbringer

Has anyone asked Ray about his teeth ? My grandmother had all her teeth into her 80's and ate a lot of starch so that wheat germ stuff seems to be more of an urban legend. I'm more interested in why he choose not to do anything.

Ray should probably put out a video with his shirt off and pumping some weight :lol: Here is a 76 year old with muscle:
https://youtu.be/tUtv4slpm-U?t=575

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Ewlevy1 said:
post 116805 however, my energy, sleep, mental clarity, anxiety, optimism, work capacity and many more have improved dramatically.
This is what matters most to me these days and Peat offers us insights into making sustainable lifestyle changes that promote real healing. The better I feel overall the less appearance matters to me. Just last week some lady thought my age was 27 and I'm 46. That would have thrilled me beyond belief even a year ago but now I'm so caught up in living my more meaningful life and having hopes, goals and dreams from feeling better that I honestly don't care what others think about my looks. Weird huh? That's been the best part of this journey.
I've met people Peat's age who look younger than him and yet they are pretty ill and in many cases disabled with age related issues. There is just so much more to consider in the equation beyond appearance and I don't think it is nearly that simple. One thing I've noticed in his pictures is the lack of age spots which is exceptional for 79! No real loose hanging skin under his chin which is the case for nearly every one I've seen his age no matter their size. Many people start the slow decline and wasting too by that age but he seems pretty solid for a sedentary person. He is probably doing excellent for his age but we are just used to comparing ourselves and others with touched up Hollywood celebrity images and that bias is hard to recognize. His sharp mind and unselfish contributions to benefit others is what really speaks volumes. Most elderly people I've met do not have the energy to give so much. It's remarkable really.

sladerunner69

Westside PUFAs said:
post 116828
sladerunner69 said:
post 116803 Ray peat became a professor in the late 1950's so I would be surprised if he was born in 1936. I was talking with Danny Roddy, who knows Dr. Peat quite well and says he is in his late 80's...

1936 is printed twice on two separate pages, not a typo:

He also confirms this in some of the podcasts.

Well, that's proof enough for me. Dr Peat is 79.

Still I am very impressed by his appearance for that age. Check out this interview http://www.perceivethinkact.com/blog/eu ... r-8th-2014

He looks strong and healthy, with a sharp gleam in his eyes. Even the authors remarked his speaking endurance was immense and effortless.

Also keep in mind that this is a man who discovers through experimentation, and has tried everything on his own body everything but the kitchen sink as far as diets go. His teeth were ruined from wheat germ diet and I'm sure his skin has lines for a lot of these failed dieting approaches as well. Dr Peat only began following a diet and lifestyle akin to his current recommendations in the 90's, so he's been in a pro-metabolic anti-agin state for 20-30 years. Which, from an aesthetic perspective, seems right on point. Like I said he looks to be about 55-65, or 15-25 years younger than he actually is. Not bad for slowing down the aging process imo.

tara

sladerunner69 said:
post 116945 Well, that's proof enough for me. Dr Peat is 79.
:1

sladerunner69 said:
post 116945 Also keep in mind that this is a man who discovers through experimentation, and has tried everything on his own body everything but the kitchen sink as far as diets go. His teeth were ruined from wheat germ diet and I'm sure his skin has lines for a lot of these failed dieting approaches as well.
:yeahthat

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Last edited:

dd99

I've said before, we're too hung up on his looks. My mum is 79, my Dad is 73 and my in laws are mid 70s. They all look about a decade younger than Dr Peat. My Dad still works full time as a professor, my mum does Pilates every day, paints, walks up hills - my in laws walk and cycle everywhere and travel constantly. All four of them are fit and active and mentally sharp. They don't eat anything like a Peat 'diet'. They all eat a lot of starch and vegetables, animal proteins only a few times a week, not much fruit and virtually no dairy.

If I were to base my adherence to a Peat 'diet' on his looks, I would run a mile. But he is brilliant and mentally sharp and I think his research has the ring of truth to it.

michael94

There are so many different factors that go into the 79 year old ray peat it's inappropriate to use him a barometer of moving to an oxidative metabolism ans anti-stress lifestyle. That said, I think he looks great for his age.

ecstatichamster said:
post 116860
icecreamlover said:
post 116842 i wonder if he uses red light on the thyroid as well? seems to make me mildly hyper and has no negative feedback loop

how long did it take to have this effect? I've done about 4 or 5 sessions and no results so far.

1 but I had I was coming from 0 sun exposure prior and pretty decent thyroid function. It's likely oxidative stress/ low co2 production etc will overpower red light therapy on the thyroid

Strongbad

ecstatichamster said:
post 116860
icecreamlover said:

What device do you use for this therapy? How many sessions per week and how long per session?

michael94

Strongbad

That's not detailed enough. Different red lights types are fit for different therapies. Red light used to fix thyroid is completely different from red light used to feel "good" / energized. Also, the strength of the light determines the length of the session. The stronger the light, the shorter the session is.

I'm also interested to ecstatichamster's red light device, how long each of his session is and how many sessions he has per week.

michael94

Strongbad said:
post 117294 That's not detailed enough. Different red lights types are fit for different therapies. Red light used to fix thyroid is completely different from red light used to feel "good" / energized. Also, the strength of the light determines the length of the session. The stronger the light, the shorter the session is.

I'm also interested to ecstatichamster's red light device, how long each of his session is and how many sessions he has per week.

It was my understanding that low level lasers were best no? But they're hard to come by? Interested in your thoughts

BTW, I also use it from time to time on the testes...it definitely works :)

Strongbad said:
post 117294 That's not detailed enough. Different red lights types are fit for different therapies. Red light used to fix thyroid is completely different from red light used to feel "good" / energized. Also, the strength of the light determines the length of the session. The stronger the light, the shorter the session is.

I use that LED device in the link. The bigger one. I'm doing 8 minutes per side on my thyroid area, about 1 inch away, every other day. I have so far not seen any results but I will try for 10 or 20 sessions. I've done about 5 so far.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals