Why does progesterone give some people cystic acne?

ursidae

why

I need something non toxic to help me sleep and calm down but the cysts keep coming

LUH 3417

why

I need something non toxic to help me sleep and calm down but the cysts keep coming
Try vitamin a, I think progesterone increases thyroid function and uses up your vitamin a. Ray Peat wrote about this in the progesterone therapy book, it’s in the first few pages. I never had acne but did develop some on my chin when I started using progesterone, same thing happened when I tried thyroid. Combining. Vitamin A made the acne disappear and not return.

OP
U

ursidae

Try vitamin a, I think progesterone increases thyroid function and uses up your vitamin a. Ray Peat wrote about this in the progesterone therapy book, it’s in the first few pages. I never had acne but did develop some on my chin when I started using progesterone, same thing happened when I tried thyroid. Combining. Vitamin A made the acne disappear and not return.
was it regular run of the mill acne (papules and pustules) , I think vitamin A works great for that

OR deep cystic swollen acne like this? it looks like lymphedema and when you try to drain those lymph comes out. They're really painful since they're usually located near a minor nerve

almost always on the lower part of the face chin lower jawline

pic is NOT me

acne%20on%20face.jpg

Three things do this to me: progesterone, topical Lugol's iodine/high dose oral and MILK/CREAM (I seem to have vicious autoimmune response cyst starts forming on my chin or jaw within hours of consumption)

I used haidut's oral and now a topical cream onas natural with the same result. Thinking that maybe I'm putting a strain on my lymphatic system by doing this

haiduts progesterone also did NOT improve hirsutism, it made the hair grow thicker, faster, darker

LUH 3417

was it regular run of the mill acne (papules and pustules) , I think vitamin A works great for that

OR deep cystic swollen acne like this? it looks like lymphedema and when you try to drain those lymph comes out. They're really painful since they're usually located near a minor nerve

pic is NOT me

acne%20on%20face.jpg

Three things do this to me: progesterone, topical Lugol's iodine/high dose oral and MILK/CREAM (I seem to have vicious autoimmune response cyst starts forming on my chin or jaw within hours of consumption)

I used haidut's oral and now a topical cream onas natural with the same result. Thinking that maybe I'm putting a strain on my lymphatic system by doing this

haiduts progesterone also did NOT improve hirsutism, it made the hair grow thicker, faster, darker
It was cystic acne. Not as big as the picture but they weren’t even pop-able, they hurt super bad if I tried to pick at them and they happened along my jaw line only. If I did pick at them they’d leave scars. In fact I am dealing with the remains of one now (was taking thyroid and progesterone and hadn’t been eating much liver at the same time that I ran out of vitamin a.)

Attachments

• 26DCC85C-42AE-4A48-974C-D87C96F1001D.jpeg
    26DCC85C-42AE-4A48-974C-D87C96F1001D.jpeg
    343.7 KB · Views: 52
OP
U

ursidae

oh wow type and location of acne checks out. Liver/vitamin A always just worsens my acne and wound healing for me but maybe I should try again

LUH 3417

pic is NOT me

acne%20on%20face.jpg

Did you try progest e? People have had negative experiences with Ona’s on this forum from what I remember reading. I like haiduts product when it was made with camphor, noticed benefits from it, however I haven’t used the new formulation in a while. I only use progest E.

OP
U

ursidae

Did you try progest e? People have had negative experiences with Ona’s on this forum from what I remember reading. I like haiduts product when it was made with camphor, noticed benefits from it, however I haven’t used the new formulation in a while. I only use progest E.
Have only tried haiduts and onas porgesterone

After getting the cysts from the former, I thought maybe the oral progesterone is more susceptible to being metabolised into androgenic byproducts that could be causing this cystic acne response and there's less of a chance of that happening with topical. It could be metabolised into almost anything so I wonder if there is even a point when it's converted based on the individual set up of my body rather than actively altering it

800px-Steroidogenesis.svg.png

Any reputable topical brands? Onas was the highest % I could find, topical absorption rate is low

LUH 3417

Have only tried haiduts and onas porgesterone

After getting the cysts from the former, I thought maybe the oral progesterone is more susceptible to being metabolised into androgenic byproducts that could be causing this cystic acne response and there's less of a chance of that happening with topical. It could be metabolised into almost anything so I wonder if there is even a point when it's converted based on the individual set up of my body rather than actively altering it

800px-Steroidogenesis.svg.png

Any reputable topical brands? Onas was the highest % I could find, topical absorption rate is low
Hm yea, I considered this also, I’m sorry I don’t know of any reputable brands for topical. Tbh I never had great success using high dose progesterone, it always seemed to make me gain weight. I’m 31 and felt like getting my thyroid working better was more important than exogenous progesterone at this point in time. I mostly use progest E sparingly now; if I have premenstrual cramps and I rub a few drops on my gums it’ll make the cramps disappear within a few seconds. I’ve had better success using cynomel and cynoplus for PMS symptoms and maintaining my weight. I think taking lots of progesterone orally burdened my liver and i seemed more estrogen dominant using it (more cellulite, water retention, etc). I believe ray said progesterone without proper thyroid is kind of useless.

L_C

why

When you start using progesterone, it basically starts pulling estrogen out of your tissues and dumps it into your blood stream. Hence now, you have more estrogen in your blood. Then your liver and kidneys process it. That's why you might end with these side effects like acne, weight gain etc. It takes 6+ months to fully get rid of excess estrogen depending on your progesterone level.

It would be good to do hormonal blood work and check all the hormones including prolactin.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals