Why does "peating" sometimes can make you asexual

Matestube

Well, since peating i experienced way better mood, euphoria and energy, all day. But some other thing i noticed is that i tend to lack sexual interest, i kinda feel like a child sometimes, besides being a young adult, lol.

Maybe this happens because very low estrogen/stress hormones? What do u guys think?

Can anyone else relate?
It might also be that the Ray Peat diet has nothing to do with that and your testosterone is declining? Have you recently measured your hormones? I know that mine has become very low with age, and I'm only 33. Even a diet of only raw milk and raw eggs everyday didn't raise my free T (11 in a range of 8-40). Taking testosterone has made a world of difference in my horniness.

Vins7

Most of us are running around in a state of stress-fueled hypersexuality. In contrast to this, the deeper current of our natural sexuality can seem surprisingly tame. To my understanding, healthy sexuality could be described as a subtle readiness in the background, one that does not just spontaneously become oppressively intense. Therefore the central question is: can you get excited when you need to? To feel like a child is a very good sign. Ideally that feeling would last through our lives.
To my understanding, a healthy man is someone with high libido and sexual power, not someone who can live without sex.
The moments of my life that I have felt best in every way have coincided with the moments that have been the highest my sexual desire.

TheSir

To my understanding, a healthy man is someone with high libido and sexual power, not someone who can live without sex.
The moments of my life that I have felt best in every way have coincided with the moments that have been the highest my sexual desire.
We evidently have individual variation in our inborn level of virility. The (epi)genetic configuration of some men can make them very sexualized in their peak health. It's proper to assess the nature of your sexuality in the context of your overall wellbeing as you've done, while also bearing in mind that certain types of stress can make one feel deceptively good too. Was your libido overpowering or were you able to put sex off of your mind when needed?

JamesGatz

I'm not sure (this is an hypothesis) but too much liquid even if it's not water could potentially decrease hormones production.
I think it's worth noting this might be a possibility as well - for me this happens when I eat a lot of damp food and drinks and not enough dry food but if this is true then I would find the following symptoms would accompany them:

-pain/tingling/enlargement of the prostate (when DHT is high the prostate remains small and remains unbothersome)
-frequent urination throughout the day
-sex drive would be completely shot (so not even the need to look/chase/talk to females at all) would be there

If the erections are strong when they need to be and the interest in girls is there and none of the above symptoms are experienced then I would probably say it is not true

Last edited:

Nomane Euger

Well, since peating i experienced way better mood, euphoria and energy, all day. But some other thing i noticed is that i tend to lack sexual interest, i kinda feel like a child sometimes, besides being a young adult, lol.

Maybe this happens because very low estrogen/stress hormones? What do u guys think?

Can anyone else relate?
when i do eat enough very ripe fruits,i get to a state where i have 0 sex feelings,only heart feelings toward some beautifull womens like when i was a kid,no sex dreams anymore,childish voice not deep,eating enough meat,working out hard,fasting longer that 10hours generally,will bring back manly voice mens characteristics sexvfeelings and lower my sensitivity and enjoyement,the heart feelings disapears and i become more stoic to stressors

B

BRBsavinWorld

Yeah, i imagined that, always saw dairy and fruits as more "calming" foods, if u know what i mean, lol. Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts, mate.

Thanks dude, like i said, i don't really have problems "functioning", still got qualty erections when stimulated, morning woods.. i'm just not that much interested in pursuing sex or masturbating at all, right now as i am.
Awesome bro! I truly do believe, that in the last 100 years, we've lost this innocent, latent peace in the midst of abstinence - preventing us from truly climbing energetic and mental heights before marriage

jet9

when i do eat enough very ripe fruits,i get to a state where i have 0 sex feelings,only heart feelings toward some beautifull womens like when i was a kid,no sex dreams anymore,childish voice not deep,eating enough meat,working out hard,fasting longer that 10hours generally,will bring back manly voice mens characteristics sexvfeelings and lower my sensitivity and enjoyement,the heart feelings disapears and i become more stoic to stressors
I get this too from a lot of fruits, (and sugar in general) imho it’s sugar high / drunkenness. At least several users on this forum reported that right amount of fruits feel good, but too much - laziness, etc.

Problem is how to get enough calories then? (without starch)

aniciete

I get this too from a lot of fruits, (and sugar in general) imho it’s sugar high / drunkenness. At least several users on this forum reported that right amount of fruits feel good, but too much - laziness, etc.

Fattier cuts of meat and whole milk

jet9

Fattier cuts of meat and whole milk
Now I am debating dairy introduction :)
I am 12 years dairy free (maybe ate 8 ice creams and couple cheeses in all that period), did it for mental effects when starting paleo diet back then... But I see lots of forum members went dairy route - waremu, Jennifer, ... and many many others, and seem to do well.

aniciete

Now I am debating dairy introduction :)
I am 12 years dairy free (maybe ate 8 ice creams and couple cheeses in all that period), did it for mental effects when starting paleo diet back then... But I see lots of forum members went dairy route - waremu, Jennifer, ... and many many others, and seem to do well.
If you decide to you should definitely introduce it very slowly because it’ll take your body some time to adjust.

A

Adf

Some of the comments in this thread sort of corroborate something that Dr Sinclair (the NMN guy) said. He suggests plant based diets change our bodies more to that of an elephant, longer living, more calm and collected, calmer metabolism. The more meat you consume, the more your body resembles a rat, higher metabolism, higher stress energy, higher sexual energy, and with all that, faster aging. He did claim there to be studies to corroborate this but I didn't bother hunting them down, I just thought it was interesting and left it at that.

My theory if there is any truth to that, is maybe your body knows if you're eating meat, and still thinks the only way to get meat is to hunt it. So it shifts and gives you more anxious 'alert' energy as if you need to hunt your own meat. This shift in your physiology could be more severe the more fauna and less flora you eat.

A strong balance is most likely the most efficient. Peating is a strong balance.

Nomane Euger

what i mentionned feel great,not something i want to eliminate,best physical feeling,best sleep,and the rebound when you wake up is incredible,i love finishing my self up with like 5kilos of fruit+ and not mooving afterward in the sun.you feel like a baby you eat,dream awake,any environnemental stimulus put me out of this state quick enough

Nomane Euger

Some of the comments in this thread sort of corroborate something that Dr Sinclair (the NMN guy) said. He suggests plant based diets change our bodies more to that of an elephant, longer living, more calm and collected, calmer metabolism. The more meat you consume, the more your body resembles a rat, higher metabolism, higher stress energy, higher sexual energy, and with all that, faster aging. He did claim there to be studies to corroborate this but I didn't bother hunting them down, I just thought it was interesting and left it at that.

My theory if there is any truth to that, is maybe your body knows if you're eating meat, and still thinks the only way to get meat is to hunt it. So it shifts and gives you more anxious 'alert' energy as if you need to hunt your own meat. This shift in your physiology could be more severe the more fauna and less flora you eat.

A strong balance is most likely the most efficient. Peating is a strong balance.
red meat in the right amount make you reach the highest degree of calmness,0 mental chatter,with only fruits you can alternate between feeling as sleep,and an exited state where things are incredibly enjoyable and feel exiting,feel like high glutamate/low gaba,but youvare also very sensitive to negative physicalvfeelings when you think about doing things that are not cooperative and are detrimentals to others being such as stealing them,meat specifically beef muscle meat or young lamb/Veal kidneys calm you even more,make your voice deeper,you walk slower,can make you sleep longer,can put your mental chatter to 0 and lower yoursensitivity specifically in your heart,necessary stoicism when you are facing competitivity in your life.and it does not necessary bring sexuality,it can bring bounding feeelings such as heart feelings,and like herotic kissings,with out sex feelings;an overnight fast long enough where you feel you start to run on adrenaline feel way more aging sexualising than meat,i start to experience a sligth degree of impotency pessimism on certains things

Last edited:

Nomane Euger

coconut water bring me a certain degree of euphoria,playfullness,sense of humour well being motivation with out the potential to put mee as sleep,but the positives are no way near the intensity of very ripe fruits

Last edited:

jet9

coconut water bring me a certain degree of euphoria,playfullness,sense of humour well being motivation with out the potential to put mee as sleep,but the positives are no way near the intensity of very ripe fruits
Hi there, I did test coconut water for last 2 days (as per your great testimonial), effects:

-more energy
-better digestion (if I eat lots of fruit for breakfast I sometimes can became foggy, have stomachache, somehow coconut water fixes this)
-negatives: somewhat impatient / irritable

I am surprised, cause only thing I did drank one freshly opened coconut water with breakfast. My diet for last 8 months is lots of fruits + beef, chicken, fish, seafood, (last month added some cocoa butter, nuts, avocado, cause I was feeling very hungry when weather was cold)

jet9

How would you rank fruit, honey, coconut water in terms of “positives” to your state/health? Also are there any other carb sources that work well for you? (or others your read about) that are not starch or dairy?

I remember I read that you tried maple syrup, but was not happy about it, right?

Vins7

We evidently have individual variation in our inborn level of virility. The (epi)genetic configuration of some men can make them very sexualized in their peak health. It's proper to assess the nature of your sexuality in the context of your overall wellbeing as you've done, while also bearing in mind that certain types of stress can make one feel deceptively good too. Was your libido overpowering or were you able to put sex off of your mind when needed?
When I was in high school my libido was really high but I was able to stop thinking about sex. My sexual development was incredibly good, my digestions perfect, the sleep too and my mood and energy.

Nomane Euger

How would you rank fruit, honey, coconut water in terms of “positives” to your state/health? Also are there any other carb sources that work well for you? (or others your read about) that are not starch or dairy?

I remember I read that you tried maple syrup, but was not happy about it, right?
perfectly ripe fruits life,bring you to the highest weel being/energetic state/chilld state/enjoyement state,honey for pleasure enjoyement,it taste awesome after eating ripe fruits,its depleting,if you dont eat lot of milk/ripe fruits/coconut water(blood who knows) you shouldnt eat to much honey it will get detrimental,coconut water increase energy/strengh/manlyness/jjoyfullness but lake some things inerent to fruits so you will never get as happy.maple syrup can feel good and bring some manlyness and enjoyement,but it cause me displeasants dreams so its not ideal either in termes of minerals balances or intestinal irritation. fruits is very contextual 99.9%of fruits arnt ripe enough even those that seems ripe and have good taste with out bitterness or acidity,most of those are not ripe enough,it require enough experience,coconut water have thevadvantadge that you can consistantly have good quality year arround.no other carbs sources make me feel incredible.let me make an hysterical statement wich i believe to be true,if all humanity would eat only perfectly ripe fruits such as oranges and have a near stress freee life style,they would manifest cooperation tendancies,no competivity tendancies and no domination tendancies,they would experience the best life possible,become philantrope

Last edited:

Milk Consumer

The idea that a calmer (slower) metabolism promotes longevity (rate of living theory), is the exact opposite of the Ray Peat philosophy. Comparing a tiny animal like a rat to a huge animal like an elephant also say nothing about metabolisms effect on longevity. Rate of living theory has been pretty much discarded anyway. From what I have seen this Sinclair guy is just another plant based promoter with a clear agenda

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals