Why does OJ/fruit often give bloating/liver discomfort/coated tongue and Coke/red bull/candy gives 0 problems and goes straigth to energy

Jonk

I would guess the OJ/fruit isn't ripe or sweet enough. I have trouble with even freshly squeezed OJ if it isn't sweet enough. Same with fruits, they need to be ripe and sweet, otherwise they're hard on my intestine.

OP
D

DonLore

I would guess the OJ/fruit isn't ripe or sweet enough. I have trouble with even freshly squeezed OJ if it isn't sweet enough. Same with fruits, they need to be ripe and sweet, otherwise they're hard on my intestine.
Yeah, that plays a role for sure. Still, I think my digestion (or anyones digestion) isnt at optimal level if fruits fibre causes some problems, right? So probably lowish stomach acid and some SIBO/candida/whatever. Still need to work on getting the guts up to speed

Nomane Euger

most of commercial fruits juices arnt ripe,most fruits arnt ripe even organic,even sellers that pretend to harvest fruits only when riped,they are mostly not.even non sour non acidic sweet tasting fruits,can not be ripe enough,and give me all kinds of chest pains/stingings.when i eat ripe enough fruits,spitting out any residues that doesnt taste appealing and that i didnt swallow instinctivly ameliorate greetly how i feel after

OP
D

DonLore

Do you strain the pulp? Very important if you don't want those issues.
I think the pressing machine gets some of the pulp filtered out but there still is pulp left in the juice. So the pulp could cause problems, yes. But wouldnt this mean that eating whole fruit gives the same problem? So without perfect digestion, whole fruit is problematic for us?

Nomane Euger

I think the pressing machine gets some of the pulp filtered out but there still is pulp left in the juice. So the pulp could cause problems, yes. But wouldnt this mean that eating whole fruit gives the same problem? So without perfect digestion, whole fruit is problematic for us?
near perfectly ripe whole fruits have a very high juice/residues ratio,there is almost nothing left,experiment with spitting out what you didnt swallow

L

Lord Cola

Ray Peat says fruit fiber can be problematic, and eating the same amount of oranges it would take to make a certain volume of juice could cause problems even if the juice doesn't. Some animals suck the juice out of fruits and discard the remaining fruit.

Bloating could be related to sourness. In my experience, if the juice isn't absolutely free of sourness, it can cause bloating.

Matestube

Eating whole fruit is problematic.
Strain your juice after getting it from the machine with a strainer.

Fairykiller

What about the studies that suggest a relation between fructose and nafld? Is that also because of the pulp? And why is there liver discomfort when pulp affects the gut?

OP
D

DonLore

What about the studies that suggest a relation between fructose and nafld? Is that also because of the pulp? And why is there liver discomfort when pulp affects the gut?

Are there other substances like aspirin for example that give you similar gut irritation?
For me, milk can easily cause digestion problems but its a little different feeling than fruit

Jon2547

I don't consume much orange juice but when I do I like with lots of pulp.

Chad_Catholic

For me, milk can easily cause digestion problems but its a little different feeling than fruit
I had ulcers earlier this year, and aspirin, milk, orange juice, and coffee all seem to be irritants for me. I've managed to tolerate orange juice by diluting it with water and white sugar, and I've managed to tolerate aspirin, milk, and coffee by consuming them with my meals.

SonOfEurope

But is the fruit truly ripe? And being consumed at least an hour or so away in time from meat/animal fat?

Vileplume

But is the fruit truly ripe? And being consumed at least an hour or so away in time from meat/animal fat?
Does the hour away from animal fat make a noticeable difference?

I think I’ve noticed that OJ on its own or with carrots does not cause any digestive issues, but when I have OJ right before a steak, I get intense bloating.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals