Why does my tounge go pink, face becomes less oily and less red seb dermitius when i stop carbs?

B

Blaze

Why does my tounge go pink, face becomes less oily and less red seb dermitius when i stop carbs? Ive been eating carbs for years

Whats going on?
To answer that, helps to know which carbs you are ingesting and the percentage of that macro............

If most of your carbs are coming from fruit, the liver exclusively processes fructose. In a well functioning liver, about 50 percent of fructose is normally turned into glucose, 25 percent into lactate, 15 percent to glycogen and 3 to 5 percent to triglycerides. Perhaps you are now not processing fructose well for some unknown reason and giving the liver a break by ingesting less fruit based carbs is causing that improvement.

If most of your carbs are coming from sugar, the sucrose is half fructose and half glucose. So, while the fructose burden is much less, still might be a sluggish liver working hard to process that fructose.

If most of your carbs are coming from starches like corn tortillas or white rice, the sugar is glucose which can be processed by every somatic cell and sluggish liver function is probably not as big a factor.

If most of your carbs are from milk, Lactose is glucose plus galactose and also probably is not as big a metabolic factor with the possible exception of that white tongue you described.

Either way, I would still focus on maximizing liver function / liver health with the new symptoms from carbs like you describe. There is no down side to improved liver performance. Hope the advice helps, keep us posted on how you progress.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gypsumking

To answer that, helps to know which carbs you are ingesting and the percentage of that macro............

If most of your carbs are coming from fruit, the liver exclusively processes fructose. In a well functioning liver, about 50 percent of fructose is normally turned into glucose, 25 percent into lactate, 15 percent to glycogen and 3 to 5 percent to triglycerides. Perhaps you are now not processing fructose well for some unknown reason and giving the liver a break by ingesting less fruit based carbs is causing that improvement.

If most of your carbs are coming from sugar, the sucrose is half fructose and half glucose. So, while the fructose burden is much less, still might be a sluggish liver working hard to process that fructose.

If most of your carbs are coming from starches like corn tortillas or white rice, the sugar is glucose which can be processed by every somatic cell and sluggish liver function is probably not as big a factor.

If most of your carbs are from milk, Lactose is glucose plus galactose and also probably is not as big a metabolic factor with the possible exception of that white tongue you described.

Either way, I would still focus on maximizing liver function / liver health with the new symptoms from carbs like you describe. There is no down side to improved liver performance. Hope the advice helps, keep us posted on how you progress.
anything in particular you would suggest for improving liver function?

OP
S

SamYo123

sucrose = very white

not too much white from fruit

B

Blaze

anything in particular you would suggest for improving liver function?
Depends on the cause but if the liver is sluggish due to fatty deposits, walking 30 minutes a day coupled with a Phosphatidylcholine supplement can work wonders to clear out the liver.

OP
S

SamYo123

Depends on the cause but if the liver is sluggish due to fatty deposits, walking 30 minutes a day coupled with a Phosphatidylcholine supplement can work wonders to clear out the liver.
Excess Fat intake is burdens the liver?

Maybe SIBO.

Motif

Is
is just eating eggs Not enough for cholin?

yerrag

I have a diferent view on this. Unless there's too much fructose intake happening, which I don't think is the case here, there isn't much difference in the way the liver handles fructose and glucose. If there is too much fructose, the liver will convert fructose to fat.

Fruits are mostly half fructose, half glucose. Table sugar is sucrose, which is half glucose, half fructose. A little processing splits sucrose into glucose and fructose.

yerrag

Ive been eating carbs for years

Whats going on?
Happening to all carbs, whether simple (fruit, table sugar, honey) or complex carbs like starch?

If happening only to complex carbs, one possibility is the digestion of these carbs isn't complete and it it gets absorbed by the small intestine not fully digested, and gets into the blood stream, and it is being expelled as waste through the pores of the skin, the skin being another organ of excretion. The sebaceous glands under the skin secret oil to help expel these particles, and the face gets oily. The follicles of hair also does the same, but in the follicles this causes inflammation, and hence the seb dermatitis is aggravated. There is probably a bit of macrophages at work here as well, which causes the inflammation in reaction to the foreign particles.

Or the other is that the undigested food particles from starch , mostly the fiber, gets to the colon, and feeds bacteria and bacteria multiplies, and the gut is leaky, and bacteria translocates to the blood stream.

I am not sure about SIB0 as with SIBO there are other symptoms accompanying it.

Not long ago, I've come to the conclusion that the fructose isotope study doesn't reflect exactly what happens when we ingest sucrose, especially in terms of lactate. 25% lactate from fructose is a big amount, which could be concerning. There is a study which shows no increase in blood lactate after sucrose ingestion, but pure fructose seems to reliably increase blood lactate in multiple studies. This means that the body isn't converting fructose to lactate, but the bacteria in the gut is, and it's the more problematic D- lactate. In other words, fructose malabsorption is the causative factor, not fructose itself. I used to think that the lactate increase was just the way fructose worked, though the inverse Cori cycle, but now I believe the other viewpoint makes more sense, since fructose is known to increase PDH and decrease PDH kinase. With regards to the other fructose metabolites( glycogen, glucose, triglycerides), I think that study's findings may hold true.

Taste should be a good gauge for how much sugar the liver can process, right? Niacinamide and caffeine tend to increase my cravings for sugar.

Agree on the liver function, such a key organ for metabolism. Not that my liver is that good currently but much better than it was before I found out about Peat and this forum years ago.

Name a good antibiotics
Ray likes penicillin and minocycline. Some people in the forum got benefits from azithromycin. I personally got benefits from doxycycline( it helped normalize bowel movements). It didn't solve my SIBO though. Of course, It may also be something else you're experiencing. If you don't have any digestive issues, especially bloating, then it may not be something as serious as SIBO. Also, important to note that antibiotics do make some people worse afterwards, so make sure to only use them if you think it's necessary.

supercoolguy

"Stop Carbs" for how long now?
At what point, did the change/symptom become noticeable?

I could add 2c.
If quick carbs are not available to create cholesterol and subsequent hormones, Like Test & DHT. affecting oil production.

Ive taken DHT based TRT in small quantities. THAT definatly increased oil production for me, even in very small doses over a few days.

Best

Quelsatron

I wonder if no-carb can trigger "nice" high cortisol symptoms. Like, I used corticosteroids to treat seborrehic dermatitis, which worked until it was time to stop, maybe a rise in cortisol from lack of carbs could act in the same way?

yerrag

I wonder if no-carb can trigger "nice" high cortisol symptoms. Like, I used corticosteroids to treat seborrehic dermatitis, which worked until it was time to stop, maybe a rise in cortisol from lack of carbs could act in the same way?
Cortisol is also known as hydrocortisone. It is a steroid hormone which is released by the adrenal cortex. This is a “stress hormone” that gets released in order to show “fight or flight response” at stressful conditions. Cortisol can increase blood sugar by gluconeogenesis. It is classified as a glucocorticoid which can stimulate liver glycogen formation. It also has the ability to suppress the immune system and acts as an anti-inflammatory compound. The systemic name of cortisol is (11β)-11,17,21-trihydroxypregn-4-ene-3,20-dione. The CRH hormone released by hypothalamus triggers secretion of ACTH hormone from the anterior pituitary and then ACTH triggers the release of Cortisol.

Cortisol has the ability to reduce substances that are responsible for inflammatory response. Therefore, it is administrated as a drug for rheumatoid diseases and allergies. Sometimes it is also used to treat skin rashes and eczema. If the cortisol level in the body is constantly high, it can lead to proteolysis and hence muscle wasting. This can also reduce bone formation. Cortisol also has the ability to act as an antidiuretic hormone. When the level of cortisol declines the water excretion too declines.

Good question I've always asked but never bothered to check. I never knew it's the same thing used on me to reduce my keloids - cortisol.

PolishSun

could also be the increase of proteins and fat soluble vitamins that help. But long term no carb will eat person's muscles, organs and skin.

Quelsatron

Cortisol is also known as hydrocortisone. It is a steroid hormone which is released by the adrenal cortex. This is a “stress hormone” that gets released in order to show “fight or flight response” at stressful conditions. Cortisol can increase blood sugar by gluconeogenesis. It is classified as a glucocorticoid which can stimulate liver glycogen formation. It also has the ability to suppress the immune system and acts as an anti-inflammatory compound. The systemic name of cortisol is (11β)-11,17,21-trihydroxypregn-4-ene-3,20-dione. The CRH hormone released by hypothalamus triggers secretion of ACTH hormone from the anterior pituitary and then ACTH triggers the release of Cortisol.

Cortisol has the ability to reduce substances that are responsible for inflammatory response. Therefore, it is administrated as a drug for rheumatoid diseases and allergies. Sometimes it is also used to treat skin rashes and eczema. If the cortisol level in the body is constantly high, it can lead to proteolysis and hence muscle wasting. This can also reduce bone formation. Cortisol also has the ability to act as an antidiuretic hormone. When the level of cortisol declines the water excretion too declines.

Good question I've always asked but never bothered to check. I never knew it's the same thing used on me to reduce my keloids - cortisol.
I mean, there might be a difference between cortisol as a substance and cortisol as part of the stress program. Something that's not acknowledged that much on the forums is that the body doesn't just secrete substances willy nilly, it's always part of a programmed response. Maybe such a response wouldn't really lighten inflammation in OPs case, and you have some funny theories being thrown around when someone finds that, say, serotonin activity is high in the upper premedialfrontal brain globe during laughter and so it somehow tells us about intestinal serotonin during gut dysbiosis.

yerrag

and you have some funny theories being thrown around when someone finds that, say, serotonin activity is high in the upper premedialfrontal brain globe during laughter and so it somehow tells us about intestinal serotonin during gut dysbiosis.
Pls. rephrase and tell me also what was said that was comedic, your honor.

B

Blaze

Excess Fat intake is burdens the liver?
No, not in a normally functioning metabolism, it's more complicated than that. Anything can be stored as fat, though the protein macro is not as easy to convert and store. We were discussing your reaction to carbs in your post, not fat, but the body can convert the macros interchangeably into the other energy macros. Storage of excess energy intake as fat is not even a bad thing, we are designed to do it. Excess sugar intake or fat intake or protein can be stored as fat in adipose tissue which is ok. Calories consumed in excess of what you can store in adipose pose a problem as fat stored elsewhere such as in the liver is not good.

With you, this may be a moot point. We still don't even know if your liver is even sluggish at all, just that it is always good to do things that aid liver function. Others here floated the idea maybe it's due to fructose malabsorption or gut inflammation issues or bacteria. Advice given here are merely suppositions. We forum members float many ideas as to possible causes, then it's up to you to determine what information applies to your situation and what does not.
is just eating eggs Not enough for cholin?
Eggs are definitely enough as a choline source and much better than a supplement. But you would need to eat 4 eggs a day for the liver clearing effect.

Last edited by a moderator:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals