Why Does My Nose Run After Taking Coconut Oil

Elize

Greetings from Elize

I made some coconut cream that I use in my coffee. I do notice though that coconut in any form makes my nose run. Could this be a detox or would this indicate a coconut allergy? Being O blood group it is actually an avoid food for me. Just wonder. Struggling a lot with candida since Peating and thought the coconut will clear it. My doc gave me Nystatin to use but have not started with it yet. I find that Asprin makes me shaky as I have low levels of cortisol. Most combinations of things I see in Peating seems to aim at lowering high cortisol. Wonder about the use of Cyproheptadine

meatbag

Greetings from Elize

I made some coconut cream that I use in my coffee. I do notice though that coconut in any form makes my nose run. Could this be a detox or would this indicate a coconut allergy? Being O blood group it is actually an avoid food for me. Just wonder. Struggling a lot with candida since Peating and thought the coconut will clear it. My doc gave me Nystatin to use but have not started with it yet. I find that Asprin makes me shaky as I have low levels of cortisol. Most combinations of things I see in Peating seems to aim at lowering high cortisol. Wonder about the use of Cyproheptadine

Are you using refined or unrefined coconut oil? Is it the coconut coffee creamer you buy at the store or you made cream out of the coconut oil?

Tarmander

Probably something to do with gut bacteria. Coconut oil is pretty antiseptic, so maybe histamine or something else from intestinal changes.

OP
Elize

Elize

Are you using refined or unrefined coconut oil? Is it the coconut coffee creamer you buy at the store or you made cream out of the coconut oil?
Greetings
I used organic gluten free shredded coconut and and added organic unrefined coconut oil. Blended this to make my own coconut cream.

OP
Elize

Elize

Ok so do I then have to avoid all coconut and histamine foods like fermented products?

meatbag

Ray Peat seems to recommend against most fermented foods.

Last edited:
OP
Elize

Elize

Ok Thanks a lot to everyone for all the comments.

Best wishes to all

Elize

tara

Could be the coconut proteins in the coconut cream get you. As others said, Peat has mentioned that coconut is allergenic for some people, and the refined oil avoids this issue. It's really individual - if you have a clear indicator like a runny nose that happens straight away, then you could try avoiding the things that trigger that.
If you avoid everything that is sometimes allergenic for some people, you will starve - I wouldn't recommend that.
But it might be worth trying a couple of weeks of avoiding high histamine foods like fermented foods and seeing if you feel better that way. As long as you have other things you can eat instead.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals