Why Does Low Dose Pregnenolone Affect Me So Powerfully?

DavidGardner

I have always noticed DHT-like effects from 10 - 20 mg of pregnenolone. Increased strength even without muscle gains, increased hair shedding, lower voice, and dramatically increased libido. 30 mg causes too much sedation, so I have never taken more than this. Even 10 - 20 mg taken three nights in a row has given me a benzodiazepine feeling the next morning, so I have only ever been able to take it two consecutive nights. I want to try again and see if this still holds true.

I have seen that it converts mostly into progesterone and from there into allopregnanolone, but could some of it be converting down the line into DHT in my case? Or is the increased progesterone promoting conversion of testosterone down the 5-ar pathway instead of the aromatase pathway? Progesterone itself does not do anything for me except make me feel drugged even at a low dose, so I never take it anymore.

Frankdee20

I have always noticed DHT-like effects from 10 - 20 mg of pregnenolone. Increased strength even without muscle gains, increased hair shedding, lower voice, and dramatically increased libido. 30 mg causes too much sedation, so I have never taken more than this. Even 10 - 20 mg taken three nights in a row has given me a benzodiazepine feeling the next morning, so I have only ever been able to take it two consecutive nights. I want to try again and see if this still holds true.

I have seen that it converts mostly into progesterone and from there into allopregnanolone, but could some of it be converting down the line into DHT in my case? Or is the increased progesterone promoting conversion of testosterone down the 5-ar pathway instead of the aromatase pathway? Progesterone itself does not do anything for me except make me feel drugged even at a low dose, so I never take it anymore.

Lower doses actually have different effects than higher ones... Pregnenalone is generally deemed unpredictable.... It can go DHEA or Progesterone route..... Mostly progesterone.... It can block or enhance certain neurotransmitters

opethfeldt

At low doses, pregnenolone heavily converts to DHEA. This likely then converts to DHT and that would explain the androgenic effects.

OP
D

DavidGardner

At low doses, pregnenolone heavily converts to DHEA. This likely then converts to DHT and that would explain the androgenic effects.

So the progesterone conversion is greater at higher doses? If this is the case, low dose is more in line with what I want anyway.

YourUniverse

Ray talked about pregnenolone a lot w/ Timpone a few days ago. It's a tonic that normalizes cortisol, akin to ginseng, in regular doses and normalizes estrogen in larger, progesterone-promoting doses. He said he noticed no difference between 4 grams and 100mg eventually

opethfeldt

So the progesterone conversion is greater at higher doses? If this is the case, low dose is more in line with what I want anyway.
Yeah, pregnenolone is very dose dependent in its effects. I wouldn't go any higher than 20mg if you desire the androgenic effects.

Alpha

Ray talked about pregnenolone a lot w/ Timpone a few days ago. It's a tonic that normalizes cortisol, akin to ginseng, in regular doses and normalizes estrogen in larger, progesterone-promoting doses. He said he noticed no difference between 4 grams and 100mg eventually

You mean 4mg?

Mossy

Could you share whether you take this topically or internally?

OP
D

DavidGardner

I take Pure Encapsulations orally. I was able to take it four consecutive nights last week without ill effect. I am on a lower dose of quetiapine than I have ever been on which seems to help. Quetiapine is such a powerful sedative that it is hard to handle anything even mildly sedating along with it. I actually think pregnenolone will help me to maintain this lower dosage. I am really hoping it will also help push my testosterone levels from the 500s to the 600s in conjunction with a lower PUFA intake than the previous year.

T

TheBeard

You guys are really in tune with your body.

Even when I take me testosterone in the 3000s the libido increase is only subtle

Mossy

I take Pure Encapsulations orally. I was able to take it four consecutive nights last week without ill effect. I am on a lower dose of quetiapine than I have ever been on which seems to help. Quetiapine is such a powerful sedative that it is hard to handle anything even mildly sedating along with it. I actually think pregnenolone will help me to maintain this lower dosage. I am really hoping it will also help push my testosterone levels from the 500s to the 600s in conjunction with a lower PUFA intake than the previous year.
Thanks for the detail.

Jing

You guys are really in tune with your body.

Even when I take me testosterone in the 3000s the libido increase is only subtle
Same here most supplements , hormones anything else hardly notice much from them.

Korven

Pregnenolone is the only supplement I can actually feel "doing something" (except for maybe magnesium glycinate).

It just makes everything better, instantly feel warmer and get very relaxed, better mood and stress resilience, sometimes I get a bit drowsy but sometimes I get energized. I think my beard is growing in faster as well which is nice. I wish I hadn't been so cautious before with taking safe steroids/hormones such as preg, it can be a very valuable tool for getting out of a chronically stressed state.

jaype

Pregnenolone is the only supplement I can actually feel "doing something" (except for maybe magnesium glycinate).

It just makes everything better, instantly feel warmer and get very relaxed, better mood and stress resilience, sometimes I get a bit drowsy but sometimes I get energized. I think my beard is growing in faster as well which is nice. I wish I hadn't been so cautious before with taking safe steroids/hormones such as preg, it can be a very valuable tool for getting out of a chronically stressed state.
How much do you take? Orally?