Why Does Liver Cause Me Insomnia?

jzeno

lol if you Google 'steak keeps me up at night' you'll get dozens if not hundreds of results corroborating your experience with anecdotes and maybe even some scientific studies. Point being: you're not unique.

This isn't rocket science. Many people report this problem so just accept it to a certain degree.

Second, protein and fat require more energy to digest, not to mention the b12s. There are plenty of reasons why it gives many of us issues when trying to sleep after a similar meal.

Eat it earlier and exercise. Or try eating something that will push it through quickly, like a lot of milk.

lol if you Google 'steak keeps me up at night' you'll get dozens if not hundreds of results corroborating your experience with anecdotes and maybe even some scientific studies. Point being: you're not unique.

This isn't rocket science. Many people report this problem so just accept it to a certain degree.

Second, protein and fat require more energy to digest, not to mention the b12s. There are plenty of reasons why it gives many of us issues when trying to sleep after a similar meal.

Eat it earlier and exercise. Or try eating something that will push it through quickly, like a lot of milk.
And there are also lots of people who eat meat (or other foods that take a while to digest) right before bed and have no problems sleeping.

I would be careful with lots of milk combined with meat. It may work, but it may cause indigestion, since meat and milk digest a bit differently. "It's not rocket science".

Why has no one mentioned this? Are y'all morons?

I swear half of you guys on here are total morons and then the other half are savants. There is no middle ground. It's not as complicated as it seems.
Well, then why are you still here? You can leave, you know. And you wouldn't have to deal with so many "morons".

And are you sure you're not projecting? I mean, you often talk as if you are above everybody else. Isn't it moronic and stupid to act like that?

Sometimes, I get the feeling that you're the type of guy that would still support Trump, even if he invaded your house, shot you in the leg and said that he was in fact a communist. I bet you would say: "wow, that's a great guy right there! My hero!". hahahaha

OP
Spartan300

Spartan300

If your diet remained the same, then it may be similar, but if you regularly eat a lot of meat, then it may have increased. Ferritin looks normal. I don't see transferrin measured though. Do you know how your liver enzymes are doing? Especially AST?

Liver function tests below, no transferrin test result.

Serum alanine aminotransferase level 15 u/L [0.0 - 41.0]
Serum total bilirubin level 7 umol/L [0.0 - 20.0]

Liver function tests below, no transferrin test result.

Serum alanine aminotransferase level 15 u/L [0.0 - 41.0]
Serum total bilirubin level 7 umol/L [0.0 - 20.0]
To give a more precise answer, I would need AST instead of ALT, but assuming that the AST value is the same as your ALT value( which may not the case), then you may have some iron accumulation in the liver, although it's probably not high to the point of causing damage.

Do you experience the same effects when you eat chicken, white fish, cheese, etc?

Also, are you eating grain- fed or grass -fed stake?

OP
Spartan300

Spartan300

Definitely not with fish and I was eating more fish when I saw some improvements briefly some time back. I'm eating chicken tonight so will report tomorrow.

Where possible I'll seek grass fed but often the labelling in the UK doesn't state. Chances are if not stated it wouldn't be grass-fed?.....

OP
Spartan300

Spartan300

Definitely red meat/liver thing, no problem with chicken. Not really deep restorative sleep but there's still a high level of whatever is causing the issue in my system for now I guess.

Definitely not with fish and I was eating more fish when I saw some improvements briefly some time back. I'm eating chicken tonight so will report tomorrow.

Where possible I'll seek grass fed but often the labelling in the UK doesn't state. Chances are if not stated it wouldn't be grass-fed?.....
Fish( at least cod) has pretty much the same amount of vitamin B12 as muscle meat( beef), so I don't think the issue is the b12.

If the label doesn't say anything about being grass fed, then it very likely isn't, especially in the UK. That isn't the case in Australia, for example. I think 70% of the beef in the supermarkets there is grass- fed.

Definitely red meat/liver thing, no problem with chicken. Not really deep restorative sleep but there's still a high level of whatever is causing the issue in my system for now I guess.
Interesting.

Chicken and ( white) fish are pretty low in iron, compared to beef. Chicken has half the iron of beef, and fish has one fourth of it. That's the only pattern that I'm seeing.

If it's affecting sleep, then I would avoid it for now. Sleep is way too important.

OP
Spartan300

Spartan300

Thanks Rafael, you're definitely right re sleep. Everything else seems to fall into place with good sleep. I'm going to lay off the red meat & liver for a bit & see what happens.

You're welcome!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals