Why Does Finasteride Work For Some People?

johnwester130

3 month of fin were enough to regrow my hair and let me keep it for like 6 years after quitting it.

i have 3 friends who are on fin who have kept their nw 2,5 - 3 that they developed in their early twenties into their late 20s.

so im pretty sure it works in keeping your hair man.

this forum really doesn't seem to like when hair and health do not correlate.

okay it works. This forum is against it.

Why not just use it topically though? It would be so much safer.

Ableton

okay it works. This forum is against it.

Why not just use it topically though? It would be so much safer.
Because 0,05 mg of fin is as effective as 1mg? On top of that you expose people you interact with socially to the danger of fin.

MitchMitchell

Oh ok yeah looking back at it you are probably right. Thanks, made me reevaluate things!

i have a hard time believing that someone who is obviously the overthinking, over analyzing, over debating, sarcastic type wasn’t already running high on adrenaline back then.

One can feel pretty good for a long time - for as long as adrenals and thyroid can keep firing. Then bad stuff happens.

mrchibbs

@MitchMitchell

I think there's so much harmful factors in our environment, and we're feeling the effects of a few generations of transgenerational effects that it's very hard to counteract the processes at play when we start degrading physically.

I've always loved the city, but as I've gotten sick I've realized it simply won't work for me, I need a much better environment to enjoy my life and maintain acceptable metabolic function.

Ableton

i have a hard time believing that someone who is obviously the overthinking, over analyzing, over debating, sarcastic type wasn’t already running high on adrenaline back then.

One can feel pretty good for a long time - for as long as adrenals and thyroid can keep firing. Then bad stuff happens.

so running high on adrenaline makes you this personality type a decade later, but not in the presence, because thyroid is there?
Your description fits my present self well, but not my distant self. As I have explained, I was the complete opposite of that, and already balding.
If you have literature on adrenals and personality I am very eager to learn about it though to understand my current self better.

D

Deleted member 5487

I always reccomend people read the following and make their own conclusions.
Hair Loss: The Real Underlying Causes Are Not Androgenetic
More on Hair Loss: Part I
upload_2020-10-26_14-58-49.png

Currently I practice chewing falium Gum/mewing/vitamin D(uvb tanning/sunlight/ and stenting back of neck muscle to prevent jaw jutting and my hair is the best in years.

while your reading this take note of your tongue placement and if your teeth are comfortable touching and tight.
upload_2020-10-26_15-7-3.png

upload_2020-10-26_15-6-49.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-10-26_14-55-40.png
    upload_2020-10-26_14-55-40.png
    61.9 KB · Views: 20
Last edited by a moderator:

johnwester130

View attachment 19957

Currently I practice chewing falium Gum/mewing/vitamin D(uvb tanning/sunlight/ and stenting back of neck muscle to prevent jaw jutting and my hair is the best in years.

while your reading this take note of your tongue placement and if your teeth are comfortable touching and tight.
View attachment 19959
View attachment 19958

i am confused .

what is good facial development?

what examples are there in hollywood or TV actors?

Ableton

View attachment 19957

View attachment 19959
View attachment 19958

i am confused .

what is good facial development?

what examples are there in hollywood or TV actors?

Attachments

• 007649D4-3613-4B7C-8521-625574B5BF3A.jpeg
    007649D4-3613-4B7C-8521-625574B5BF3A.jpeg
    377.7 KB · Views: 109

Hevel

So in theory, low-dose DHEA taken with Progesterone should counteract its feminizing effects?

SonOfEurope

Great post!

This is the exact type of information I was trying to gather. I don’t think I ever fully understood the progesterone therapy angle. I have some topical that I purchased but I never really leveraged it correctly. It was just something I used intermittently when I wanted to calm things down a bit. I have more experience using Tyromix.

What dosage/cycling did you use? What dosage DHEA did you take? I’m interested in giving this a proper shot. I have a healthy lifestyle pretty well dialed in at this point in my life, I just feel like I’m still missing a piece somewhere. I get my temp taken all of time now because of C19 and it has been hovering around the mid 98s for the most part, so that’s a good sign. Historically my body temps have always been low.

Regarding vitamin D, I became a stickler about getting enough in early 2019 after catching a cold for the first time since like 2015. The only thing I had changed in my protocol is that I stopped supplementing vitamin D. Now I’m super careful to get enough.

You're welcome,

Believe it or not, my main reason for starting the use of supplemental progesterone (I use the word supplemental because a healthy man's Testicles alone produce ~ 1.5mg, Testicular Testosterone comes out with some progesterone to prevent excess wasting into E2 and thus elevation of incoherent DHT ).

Probably one of the biggest differences between Gonadal (Testicular - Progesterone like) and Adrenal (Exitatory and Estrogenic) androgens.

The other tissues make another few mgs of progesterone.

But as I was saying.. My motive was not the hairloss but my terrible state after being abused for 5 years with SSRI's by big pharma goons AKA "Psychiatrists" and my attempt to come off benzos.

I did it.

Anyway, I started in June of 2018 28mg daily, first Protest-E on gums divided twice morning and evening as ~14mg (be careful as it can sedate you so don't take much before driving/working) I later used the topical creams from smoky mountain naturals... Haidut's Progestene is a good one... Passes the skin in seconds... Man I tried them all as long as the topical cream is Paraben-free it's OK.

My top crown shedding stopped within a month, my libido was intact although I must admit that since progesterone is a natural anesthetic it reduces sensations all over the body both pain and "pleasure " lol but I guess I got used to it.

2 months in I trimmed my hair to 6mm and in fact the patch was gone. Over the next year my hair only got better.... It's even straighter for some reason.

Keep in mind I changed a lot of things for the best, I improved my diet, lost like 12lbs of fat, gained some muscle, spent 6 hours outside mid day, increased calories to 2.800 + and massively increased ALL MINERALS.

I just added the DHEA 5 months ago, if anything hair better... Or at least just as good... DHEA provides a good fountain for Testosterone and thus necessary DHT/E2, Androstenedione and hence E1.

The adrenals are calm and progesterone keeps the balance of DHT/Estrogen in proper ratio to Testosterone so things run smoothly, my libido did go even highrr up but with no return of shedding.

I'd advice you cycle the Progesterone but a lower dose than what I did, something like:

10mg morning + 10mg nighttime

One week on/One week off.

Best absorption is Gums for progest e, wrist or chest for progestene and forehead or upper shoulders for the purely topical creams.

Remember, paraben -free if cream and with vitamin E if oral/gum.

Increase your exposure to the midday Sun, all mineral, stay away from fluoride and Chloride, some clear liquor once in a while ain't terrible.

Assuming you are a 75kg (165lb) man, already get used to 120 grams of protein with as much gelatin as can you can fit there, 350 to 400 grams of the best carb you feel you digest and energizes you best.

And the rest Fat, I only use Ghee, tallow or purified butter.

Please increase all minerals, no point in taking progesterone without upping them all. Without enough magnesium and zinc continued use of p4 will tank some enzymes and might do more harm than good.

I'd advice you try this with the progesterone for a few months then add the DHEA, I'm on a low dose BTW, 2mg a day.

Best of luck.

Edit: Get yourself a red light lamp like the one I have, it's very relaxing for tissues.

Edit N2: I'm not an expert on this, many will recommend you apply the Progesterone (or anything else like DHEA or testosterone ) directly on you balls... As I've said before I admit my ignorance on its potential side effects on leydig cells and I would ask Peat himself first.

Last edited:

MitchMitchell

@mrchibbs Unfortunately I love Manhattan... typing this as I’m sitting in front of an underweight young woman with a Norwood 3. The city life is terrible. Or do I love it because of the noises and flashing lights and all kinds of external stimulation that make this extrovert push through a fatigued body? I don’t know.

so running high on adrenaline makes you this personality type a decade later, but not in the presence, because thyroid is there?
Your description fits my present self well, but not my distant self. As I have explained, I was the complete opposite of that, and already balding.
If you have literature on adrenals and personality I am very eager to learn about it though to understand my current self better.

I’ll be glad to spend some time combining some resources and trying to be helpful then. The adrenals-thyroid tandem and their effect on pancreas, liver, thymus, ultimately gut function and therefore brain function is a never ending bunch of ramifications.

mrchibbs

@mrchibbs Unfortunately I love Manhattan... typing this as I’m sitting in front of an underweight young woman with a Norwood 3. The city life is terrible. Or do I love it because of the noises and flashing lights and all kinds of external stimulation that make this extrovert push through a fatigued body? I don’t know.

I’ll be glad to spend some time combining some resources and trying to be helpful then. The adrenals-thyroid tandem and their effect on pancreas, liver, thymus, ultimately gut function and therefore brain function is a never ending bunch of ramifications.

I love the excitement of the city as well, it's just that my health has been so impaired that the air quality, and constant EMF is difficult for me to handle.

And this is an interesting tidbit you mention. Women experience the same stressors men experience, and when their thyroid function starts to decline, their own gonadal function becomes impaired, and the ovaries start struggling to produce progesterone, and the condition describes as PCOS is the same as MPB in men, and is characterized by the same symptoms: male pattern baldness (but it can also be diffuse thinning, I am a man and my hair loss was diffuse), acne and unwanted body hair growth (hirsutism).

Basically adrenal hyperactivity. A lot of women wear hair extensions and wig, nowadays.

OP
hominidnumber9
Best of luck.

Awesome, thanks for the details! (I didn't include your full reply because, space)
Benzo withdrawal is a living hell so CONGRATULATIONS!!! Coincidently my mother is going through a tough time with that right now so maybe I can help her with some of this info.

I supplement 25mg of Zinc daily and do transdermal magnesium oil on my feet most nights. I also eat a lot of good organ meats and meat in general so hopefully I have my nutritional bases decently covered at this point. I'm doing pretty much everything else as "right" as I possibly can so it's going to be interesting to see how I react with strategic Progesterone usage. Might also add in the low dose DHEA after 3-6 months depending on where things are at.

Thanks!

OP
hominidnumber9
View attachment 19957

That's an interesting angle to look at this from. Coincidently, I am currently working with an orthodontist to have an appliance made that will expand my upper pallet. I've been really focused on proper tongue posture and breathing as part of the treatment plan. I've struggled with chronic sinusitis for most of my life and it has been a big obstacle in me achieving optimal health.

I'm like a broken record about it but you should check out the book Breath by James Nestor. It goes along with you're saying here.

Broco6679

View attachment 19957

View attachment 19959
View attachment 19958

Does that theory do anything to explain the massive discrepancy between the rates of hairloss between men and pre-menopausal women? Tons of women with bad tongue posture / jaw structure / pallet width who aren't bald, tons of men with good tongue posture / jaw structure / pallet width who are bald, and tons of men with bad tongue posture / jaw structure / pallet width who aren't bald.

Broco6679

can someone explain to me, why fin even exists, when progesterone reliably lowers dht already? and why prog is not more popular in the hairloss community?

is it not strong enough, even in high doses? is it more feminizing than fin in high doses?

some1 enlighten me please.

what is the difference between fin and prog apart from their synthetic/natural nature?

The half life of progesterone once in circulation can be as short as three minutes, whereas finasteride's can be up to six hours hours. Even if you applied the progesterone three times per day, there's still going to be a significant amount of time where the concentration of serum prog declines to a point where testosterone is still reduced to dht, but finasteride will keep 5ar inhibited 24/7. Whether this is the reason why finasteride works but progesterone doesn't (when used as monotherapy - progesterone should be able to help regrow hair as part of a general long-term bioenergetic approach), I don't know.

mrchibbs

The half life of progesterone once in circulation can be as short as three minutes, whereas finasteride's can be up to six hours hours. Even if you applied the progesterone three times per day, there's still going to be a significant amount of time where the concentration of serum prog declines to a point where testosterone is still reduced to dht, but finasteride will keep 5ar inhibited 24/7. Whether this is the reason why finasteride works but progesterone doesn't (when used as monotherapy - progesterone should be able to help regrow hair as part of a general longterm bioenergetic approach), I don't know.

@Broco6679

As usual, great contribution to these discussions!

MitchMitchell

The half life of progesterone once in circulation can be as short as three minutes, whereas finasteride's can be up to six hours hours. Even if you applied the progesterone three times per day, there's still going to be a significant amount of time where the concentration of serum prog declines to a point where testosterone is still reduced to dht, but finasteride will keep 5ar inhibited 24/7. Whether this is the reason why finasteride works but progesterone doesn't (when used as monotherapy - progesterone should be able to help regrow hair as part of a general long-term bioenergetic approach), I don't know.

Half life in serum is one thing, binding to its receptor and exerting a biological effect is another. How low is progesterone duration of action?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals