Why Does Drinking Cause Suicidal Thoughts Now?

mostlylurking

When I was in my 20s alcohol just made me drink and somewhat enjoy the night and passout. Than wake up with a typical hangover.... Now in my 30s I wake up in a deep depression and feeling awful. I drink once a week I can't get over this depression and wish I could live normally. Don't care to work and basically I'm anti social now. Times have changed that's for sure.... Feels like a dark hole u can't get out of
You need to be taking some supplements and also get your thyroid function checked. Before you head to the endocrinologist, read Ray Peat's articles on hypothyroidism, listed here: Programmable Search Engine The medical industrial complex has sabotaged the treatment for hypothyroidism. You need to educate yourself so that you can discern the competency of the doctor. If the doctor isn't competent, find another one.

I just found this site on the internet: https://www.thyroidchange.org/testing.html; they look pretty well informed. I plan to try them if/when my 83 year old endo stops practicing.

In addition, investigate niacinamide because it will help you a LOT. I used to drink pretty heavily, but now I'm just not interested, even if those around me are drinking. Links: Ray Peat, PhD Quotes on Therapeutic Effects of Niacinamide – Functional Performance Systems (FPS) and a search for Ray Peat articles that include niacinamide here: Programmable Search Engine

Please note that when Alcoholics Anonymous was first created, a big plank in their program was niacin supplementation and they had such great success that the medical industry made them stop it. Don't take niacin though, take the niacinamide form. I get mine from Bulk Supplements to avoid the additives they put in capsules and pills.

OP
T

troubledtimes

You need to be taking some supplements and also get your thyroid function checked. Before you head to the endocrinologist, read Ray Peat's articles on hypothyroidism, listed here: Programmable Search Engine The medical industrial complex has sabotaged the treatment for hypothyroidism. You need to educate yourself so that you can discern the competency of the doctor. If the doctor isn't competent, find another one.

I just found this site on the internet: https://www.thyroidchange.org/testing.html; they look pretty well informed. I plan to try them if/when my 83 year old endo stops practicing.

In addition, investigate niacinamide because it will help you a LOT. I used to drink pretty heavily, but now I'm just not interested, even if those around me are drinking. Links: Ray Peat, PhD Quotes on Therapeutic Effects of Niacinamide – Functional Performance Systems (FPS) and a search for Ray Peat articles that include niacinamide here: Programmable Search Engine

Please note that when Alcoholics Anonymous was first created, a big plank in their program was niacin supplementation and they had such great success that the medical industry made them stop it. Don't take niacin though, take the niacinamide form. I get mine from Bulk Supplements to avoid the additives they put in capsules and pills.

Appreciate this info. What would you say a normal tsh number and normal t3 and 4 numbers are? Doctors said mine was in normal range but I've heard plenty of art doctors even drs at the en clinics say they want the thyroid at an optimal function for brain health and NOT just a level to scrape by like western medicine says what numbers would you agree with?

mostlylurking

I think that the TSH number is pretty useless, at least for me. When I was at my worst before getting thyroid supplementation, my TSH was .02. That might say something about my pituitary but it doesn't say squat about my thyroid function. It is my understanding that you won't feel healthy if your TSH is over 1.00. I try to keep my T3 at the top range of normal, or maybe a tiny bit above. I don't know much about the T4 range, except that if it is high it can damage your brain.

The test that the doctors use isn't calibrated correctly so their idea of "normal" isn't accurate. Read Ray Peat's articles about it here: Programmable Search Engine

mostlylurking

Appreciate this info. What would you say a normal tsh number and normal t3 and 4 numbers are? Doctors said mine was in normal range but I've heard plenty of art doctors even drs at the en clinics say they want the thyroid at an optimal function for brain health and NOT just a level to scrape by like western medicine says what numbers would you agree with?
I think Danny Roddy did a great job on his Cliffs Notes for hypothyroidism. Here's a link: https://www.patreon.com/posts/14839477 You might find it helpful.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals