Why does coconut oil only upset my stomach past a certain amount?

jpgio

I regularly cook my food in coconut oil but if I use too much I get an upset stomach. I know this happens to others but would like to know what causes this. It is nutiva refined coconut oil which I believe is refined with steam. Is this because of a bacterial die-off or just difficulty digesting the fat? Before my stomach started hurting right after I ate my pulse went up and I felt warm.

Thank you!

L

LauriePartridge

I regularly cook my food in coconut oil but if I use too much I get an upset stomach. I know this happens to others but would like to know what causes this. It is nutiva refined coconut oil which I believe is refined with steam. Is this because of a bacterial die-off or just difficulty digesting the fat? Before my stomach started hurting right after I ate my pulse went up and I felt warm.

Thank you!
Coconut oil is very high in salicylates so if you are sensitive to that type of phenol it will bother you. It bothers me too.

SneezeStar

Might be due to ingesting more mcts. Anyone who has used pure mcts knows it takes time to adjust. If alot of coconut oil is ingested it can have similar effects.