Why Does Aspirin Lower My Bilirubin?

lvysaur

I have Gilbert's syndrome, meaning I have asymptomatic slightly elevated bilirubin in the absence of liver dysfunction. It's supposed to be a benign condition.

Taking aspirin lowers the bilirubin on my bloodwork (even though most mainstream health sites say it should increase the bilirubin), and also makes my eyes look whiter with a higher canthal tilt (coffee gives me the same eye improvement but makes me crash)

I've also noticed that without aspirin, I can give myself lower bilirubin by eating a very high sugar low protein diet--although this makes me feel much worse.

TheFatKid

"Bilirubin: This is a substance that the body produces when red blood cells break down. It’s excreted through urine and stool. High amounts can indicate liver disease."

It seems it's a good thing that aspirin lowers bilirubin.

T

TheBeard

Interesting find.

I myself have had quite an elevated bilirubin level in the past, along with high liver enzymes.
Liver flushes have ameliorated that.

I'd be curious to know the mechanism behind Aspirin being able to achieve that, since it's commonly referred to as a liver burdener.

Motif

I have Gilbert's syndrome, meaning I have asymptomatic slightly elevated bilirubin in the absence of liver dysfunction. It's supposed to be a benign condition.

Taking aspirin lowers the bilirubin on my bloodwork (even though most mainstream health sites say it should increase the bilirubin), and also makes my eyes look whiter with a higher canthal tilt (coffee gives me the same eye improvement but makes me crash)

I've also noticed that without aspirin, I can give myself lower bilirubin by eating a very high sugar low protein diet--although this makes me feel much worse.

does it still lower it or did you find anything else for that?

do you have any symptoms? I wonder if my too high bilirubin is connected to mine

OP
lvysaur

lvysaur

does it still lower it or did you find anything else for that?
everything's the same as before.

I don't have any medical-grade symptoms, but the yellowish eyes coincide with sluggishness and craving for highproteinlowcarb

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals