Why does Ashwagandha cause anger issues?

miquelangeles

I experience the same, but it only happens after 1-2 weeks of consistent dosing. Nowadays, if I take it I only do it every other day or every couple days, and there’s no build up, while maintaining the desired effects.
I get the same anger issues from pregnenolone and DHEA, so maybe steroid metabolism is at play too, since the active compounds in ashwagandha are the steroidal lactones.

Nemo

Does indeed increase serotonin:

Increases estrogen too:

On the other hand, if you're a male rat addicted to opiates, it keeps the opiates from tanking your testosterone level (same study).

Nemo

I experience the same, but it only happens after 1-2 weeks of consistent dosing. Nowadays, if I take it I only do it every other day or every couple days, and there’s no build up, while maintaining the desired effects.
I get the same anger issues from pregnenolone and DHEA, so maybe steroid metabolism is at play too, since the active compounds in ashwagandha are the steroidal lactones.

Ashwagandha and preg/DHEA both raise testosterone levels.

Green Dot

I've personally haven't experienced such effect, I've been taking it since early this year. Although I do cycle it here and there.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals