Why Do Women Prefer Tall Men?

parallax

This is probably all tangential, but here it goes
I'm 5'10" (or 5'10.4" to be precise) and I subjectively feel tall, ish. I've lived in latinoamerica on and off and down there I am taller than 95% of the people I interact with, but there are still people who dwarf me. In the US I feel more average but still on the tall side.
On dating apps I see 5'10" most often given as a minimum cutoff for those women who chose to publicly state a preference, but 6' is a close second place. ( Female Delusion Calculator trigger warning )
I have not felt like my height (or lack) has hindered me in any way in dating, and two of my ex girlfriends are taller than me, one much taller at 6'2"
All of that said, I also have other features that may attract attention, even if women are ambivalent or apathetic about the attractiveness of those features; I have a full head of long red hair, blue eyes, perfect teeth, and broad shoulders. Whenever I have had long hair I have gotten compliments from random strangers all the time anywhere I go. A couple years ago I was talking with a female friend who shared that she once dyed her hair red but quickly re-dyed it dark because she was getting an inconvenient amount of sexually charged attention from men. Thats when it dawned on me that my hair probably precludes me from having any meaningful opinion about the average man getting attention from women.
To the original question, I think women are attracted to taller men for similar reasons to why men admire taller men: taller = more noticeable. But I'm sure there are some psychological evodevo type of reasons too. Oh and in my experience women like being made to look smaller.

Last edited:

TobyBjorn

I've noticed this too, the tiniest women I know are always will the tallest guys. The above average height women I know date shorter or same height often and don't seem to care about height as much as the super petite women. Maybe the super short women feel safer with a huge guy.
Instrinsic regression to the mean?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals