Why do some Carnivores experience such good results?

parallax

Probably just echoing what others here have said, but I think the improvement on carnivore has a lot to do with what isn't being consumed. Primarily plant defence chemicals in photosynthetic tissue and seed armor. Also, meat is very nutrient dense and digestible, particularly digestible when undercooked.
My perspective is influenced by my background as a botanist and ecologist.

schmolch

I did keto and carnivore for 10 years. Every positive experience i had was related to animal fats and salt but over time my energy decreased again and i was struggling to get back to normal even with absurd amounts of salt (and potassium).

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Probably just echoing what others here have said, but I think the improvement on carnivore has a lot to do with what isn't being consumed. Primarily plant defence chemicals in photosynthetic tissue and seed armor. Also, meat is very nutrient dense and digestible, particularly digestible when undercooked.
My perspective is influenced by my background as a botanist and ecologist.
Agree, and thanks for sharing your qualified experience.
I did keto and carnivore for 10 years. Every positive experience i had was related to animal fats and salt but over time my energy decreased again and i was struggling to get back to normal even with absurd amounts of salt (and potassium).
Against my long held views (& Peat & much of alternative and conventional medicine) of salt I actually started an experiment 3 weeks ago and stopped adding salt to my food. I had basically been pounding it after an episode of Hyponatremia last year and low blood pressure lasting months this spring after a vax shedding exposure. I know many long term carnivores do not use added salt and since I was at the point where everything I did to increase my blood pressure would eventually fail I decided to give it a trial and it has worked. I’m letting my body manage my electrolytes itself from whatever sodium and potassium is naturally occurring in my diet. I’m aware this could be related to what we consider stress hormones here but for now it’s working and I’m not needing to take anything including urea, methylene blue or florinef to keep my bp in the normal range. *I’m not advising anyone try this btw just found it quite interesting.*
Edit: I’m also limiting my fluids.

yerrag

@yerrag
What is the takeaway of the Dr. Nadir Ali? (didn't have 17 minutes to watch it)
I shared that because 17 minutes is not really very long. I have stopped wasting my time in long podcasts that take more than an hour that can easily be summed up in a few paragraphs that I can read in a few minutes.

If it were still fresh in my memory and someone asked me that question not too long after I posted, I would be able to give you the details.

But I will try without having to view the video again. And he has many good points but I'll touch on what I disagree with him on.

He hates carbs and loves fat and meat. So he advocates low carb and is on the side of either keto or carnivore.

He says grains, added sugar, and plant oils altogether causes insulin resistance but he is oblivious of what we know, that it is really the PUFA in the typical plant oils Americans consume that is the culprit.

He argues that the acidic stomach is designed to process protein, and that the fiber from a plant-based diet dilutes the stomach's ability to process meat, in effect saying fibrous carbs hinder protein digestion. This wouldn't be so bad except that he argues for the superiority of a heavily meat-based diet.

Without proof, he states that we have pretty bad pancreas that are poor at handling the glycemic load (or too much carbs or sugar) and this is a reason pancreas die so quickly (huh?).

Note that the audience composed of a sugar metabolism-compromised people, representative of an American population weaned on nutritional and medical maleducation, readily agrees with him that their pancreas are poorly designed for processing carbs.

And he says that eating a whole food plant based diet, which in context is his euphemism for fibrous carbs (these dildo-headed academics like word games) that of course comes from plants, is going to need a lot of fiber to go along with carb intake to manage the heavy sugar intake, and that because our large intestines and anus are not designed to handle so much fiber, we are going to spend half our lives in the bathroom. Mama Mia, what an inconvenience! I'm paraphrasing him I admit.

I will say that he does a nice snow job, and if you look at the YouTube comments, people have really gotten through a heavy blizzard thanks to his blowharding.

This is a ridiculous state of mass mind herding. It's equivalent to us all having one leg chopped off while were were newly born, and growing up to see all people each with one leg, and all saying God gave us all just one leg each.

Last edited:

joaquin

I shared that because 17 minutes is not really very long. I have stopped wasting my time in long podcasts that take more than an hour that can easily be summed up in a few paragraphs that I can read in a few minutes.

If it were still fresh in my memory and someone asked me that question not too long after I posted, I would be able to give you the details.

But I will try without having to view the video again. And he has many good points but I'll touch on what I disagree with him on.

He hates carbs and loves fat and meat. So he advocates low carb and is on the side of either keto or carnivore.

He says grains, added sugar, and plant oils altogether causes insulin resistance but he is oblivious of what we know, that it is really the PUFA in the typical plant oils American consumption that is the culprit.

He argues that the acidic stomach is designed to process protein, and that the fiber from a plant-based diet dilutes the stomach's ability to process meat, in effect saying fibrous carbs hinder protein digestion. This wouldn't be so bad except that he argues for the superiority of a heavily meat-based diet.

Without proof, he states that we have pretty bad pancreas that are poor at handling the glycemic load (or too much carbs or sugar) and this is a reason pancreas die so quickly (huh?).

Note that the audience composed of a sugar metabolism-compromised people, representative of an American population weaned on wrong nutritional and medical maleducation, readily agrees with him that their pancreas are poorly designed for processing carbs.

And he says that eating a whole food plant based diet, which in context is his euphemism for fibrous carbs (these dildo-headed academics like word games) that of course comes from plants, is going to need a lot of fiber to go along with carb intake to manage the heavy sugar intake, and that because our large intestines and anus are not designed to handle so much fiber, we are going to spend half our lives in the bathroom. Mama Mia, what an inconvenience! I'm paraphrasing him I admit.

I will say that he does a nice snow job, and if you look at the YouTube comments, people have really gotten through a heavy blizzard thanks to his blowharding.

This is a ridiculous state of mass mind herding. Its equivalent to us all having one leg chopped off while were were newly born, and growing up to see all people with one leg, and alp saying God gave us all just one leg each.
I like your summation of that. And this sums it up best: "these dildo-headed academics like word games"
Academics are such a hindrance that they can't see that for real progress to be made, they themselves need to get out of the way.

Having participated in low carb, carnivore and keto, I would say that carnivore is preferable to LC or keto. I think most folks would benefit from doing carnivore from time to time. But that most of us should not do it 365. A certain percentage of the auto-immune may have to do carnivore all the time though.

I'm.No.One

I didn't comb the entire thread but has anyone touched on the hormones that naturally occur in meat?

Is it possible they feel better because with a diet that's 24/7 meat they're unknowingly addressing thyroid issues or beyond?

yerrag

I like your summation of that. And this sums it up best: "these dildo-headed academics like word games"
Academics are such a hindrance that they can't see that for real progress to be made, they themselves need to get out of the way.

Having participated in low carb, carnivore and keto, I would say that carnivore is preferable to LC or keto. I think most folks would benefit from doing carnivore from time to time. But that most of us should not do it 365. A certain percentage of the auto-immune may have to do carnivore all the time though.
I appreciate you like the humor of it.

I can understand why many people find it necessary to not go high carb. I struggled early on and was very sickly. Twice a year flu was very discouraging for me and it was because my body handled sugar very poorly. But a few key changes were made, and now high glycemic or not, my body takes to carbs very well with no need for fiber intake to help. But I've accepted letting things be as different folks have different strokes. Hard to keep talking over each other's heads.

I appreciate you like the humor of it.

I can understand why many people find it necessary to not go high carb. I struggled early on and was very sickly. Twice a year flu was very discouraging for me and it was because my body handled sugar very poorly. But a few key changes were made, and now high glycemic or not, my body takes to carbs very well with no need for fiber intake to help. But I've accepted letting things be as different folks have different strokes. Hard to keep talking over each other's heads.
+1

I my muscles aches so bad at night on keto. I am not naturally inclined to eat sugar, and like you, it took some time for my body to adjust to it. I have never felt better.

yerrag

Gl
+1

I my muscles aches so bad at night on keto. I am not naturally inclined to eat sugar, and like you, it took some time for my body to adjust to it. I have never felt better.
Glad we passed the hurdle and learned from it. It's a steep hurdle no doubt. We deserve to pat each other on the back. Even though the answer is hidden in plain sight, it is hard to remove the many layers of fog many sorts of experts continue to shroud us with.

Gl

Glad we passed the hurdle and learned from it. It's a steep hurdle no doubt. We deserve to pat each other on the back. Even though the answer is hidden in plain sight, it is hard to remove the many layers of fog many sorts of experts continue to shroud us with.
You are such a good writer yerrag.

Gûs80

It’s comforting to read your experience. I know I’m not the only one but sometimes it feels that way. I’m so glad you’ve figured out what works best for you.
I really like grains and they are affordable and convenient but after 2-4 weeks of eating them again (each time) I start to go down hill. This last time I started feeling like my old chronic fatigue syndrome symptoms were coming back full force. Not good at all.
Very similar: Meat Based Diet of dr Paul Saladino. Like Hadza's: meat, fruits and honey.

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/c0r7yEixoVI?feature=share

Xin

I've pretty much tried all the diets out there and animal based with carbohydrates from fruits such as the diet that Paul Saladino is doing right now gave me the best results.

It's consistent with what our ancestors ate and there's no plants defense chemicals on that diet.

It's mostly organ meat, red meat, fish, fruits, honey, raw goat milk, kefir and camel milk.

yerrag

It's consistent with what our ancestors ate and there's no plants defense chemicals on that diet
Probably. You must refer to when we were hunting and foraging. But that was eons ago. The more recent ancestors have adapted to an agrarian model of food production long ago, and the huge growth in population would not be possible on a Saladino lifestyle devoid of foods said to be chocful of plant defense chemicals.

The modern population being intoxicated with antibody dependent enhancement drugs and treatments plus a low metabolic and reductive stessful lifestyle gets a free pass while grains are made the fall guy.

That's very rich.

Osukhan

I've pretty much tried all the diets out there and animal based with carbohydrates from fruits such as the diet that Paul Saladino is doing right now gave me the best results.

It's consistent with what our ancestors ate and there's no plants defense chemicals on that diet.

It's mostly organ meat, red meat, fish, fruits, honey, raw goat milk, kefir and camel milk.
I also feel pretty great eating like this , I know it’s anti peat but I also like to fast here and there

GreekDemiGod

What about Calcium intake/ source if you can't get raw goat milk?

Runenight201

Survivorship bias.

Pay attention to the drop outs of any diet and you'll find how any extreme is detrimental.

Keep the middle path. Human beings are omnivorous.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals