Why do some Carnivores experience such good results?

FrankMa

I know all the potential negative long term results of a carnivore diet.
But then why are some people experiencing very good results long term on a carnivore diet.
Better hair, teeth, energy, mood and so much more.

I am not a proponent of a carnivore diet, I am eating very pro-metabolic
but I want to understand where those results come from.

By long term I mean for example 3 years in....

I know all the potential negative long term results of a carnivore diet.
But then why are some people experiencing very good results long term on a carnivore diet.
Better hair, teeth, energy, mood and so much more.

I am not a proponent of a carnivore diet, I am eating very pro-metabolic
but I want to understand where those results come from.

By long term I mean for example 3 years in....
I think because carnivores are getting ample protein and aren’t slowing themselves down with starches.

Gânico

lack of pro-inflammatory foods + meat is very well assimilated and digested by most people.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I do believe there is a very small number of people who really believe they need to eat that way due to certain health issues that they can’t manage better with omnivore, vegetarian etc.
Edit: I may be one of them. I did it for a couple of years and for the last 9 months I’ve been trying my best to eat omnivore again. My husband and dad both told me recently that they think I was doing much better on carnivore and should go back to it. They are not carnivore themselves. Normally I don’t think others should be concerned with how we choose to eat but they both know and love me so I do respect their input.

Last edited:
OP
F

FrankMa

I do believe there is a very small number of people who really believe they need to eat that way due to certain health issues that they can’t manage better with omnivore, vegetarian etc.
Edit: I may be one of them. I did it for a couple of years and for the last 9 months I’ve been trying my best to eat omnivore again. My husband and dad both told me recently that they think I was doing much better on carnivore and should go back to it. They are not carnivore themselves. Normally I don’t think others should be concerned with how we choose to eat but they both know and love me so I do respect their input.
Thanks for your input.
What was your reason for trying to eat more omnivore?

OP
F

FrankMa

I think because carnivores are getting ample protein and aren’t slowing themselves down with starches.
I myself doing best on not less than around 120g of protein; so could be one of the reasons
but theotretically they should be feeling even better by having fruit / fruit juice in addition, right?
But some claim they don`t.
I have read oncde that there are bacteria in your intestines which produce carbs from protein without
the negative side effects of having your body convert protein to carb via gluco-neogenesis.
Not sure what to think about that.

in regards to starch;
Basically I don`t like them because after eating them for a few days my mind becomes less clear;
nevertheless they raise my body temperature.
In which way are starches slowing you down?

OP
F

FrankMa

lack of pro-inflammatory foods + meat is very well assimilated and digested by most people.
Good point.
But then again; fruit / fruit juice should make things even better but some of the carnivores claim the opposite.

OP
F

FrankMa

I guess peat decided he wanted to slow himself down
As far as I remember he has around 3 quarts of orange juice these days + well cooked vegetables.
It seems he is trying to speed him up via the orange juice but on the other hand slowing him dowm
by adding in cruciferous vegetables ( I heard so; not sure if that is really true ).

OP
F

FrankMa

I think when you are in your 80’s you need a little more fiber when things slow down.
In his articles he claimed that fibre is not speeding things up; quite the opposite.
With me that is true; without fibre + meat I have around 2-3 movements per day
as opposed to having safe fibre + only milk instead of meat I have one movement per day.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Thanks for your input.
What was your reason for trying to eat more omnivore?
Just ideology I suppose. Carnivore is a very unique way of eating. When everyone around you eats a mixed diet and seems to be doing decent you start to think that it should be okay for you as well. It is also more convenient in many ways to eat a wider variety of foods.
Peat warns about the long term consequences of keto (>2 years) so when I was having some issues crop up at about 2 years and 3 months I thought it would be a good idea to transition back to omnivore. That honestly didn’t really help anything over several months of trials. I do feel fiber added to a mainly muscle meat diet is beneficial in my case.

OP
F

FrankMa

Just ideology I suppose. Carnivore is a very unique way of eating. When everyone around you eats a mixed diet and seems to be doing decent you start to think that it should be okay for you as well. It is also more convenient in many ways to eat a wider variety of foods.
Peat warns about the long term consequences of keto (>2 years) so when I was having some issues crop up at about 2 years and 3 months I thought it would be a good idea to transition back to omnivore. That honestly didn’t really help anything over several months of trials. I do feel fiber added to a mainly muscle meat diet is beneficial in my case.
How about a more adapted version of carnivore like
meat + a calcium source like milk or eggshell powder + a carb source like honey?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
How about a more adapted version of carnivore like
meat + a calcium source like milk or eggshell powder + a carb source like honey?
That’s exactly how I did it before and had good results. If I do it again I’ll probably also add psyllium or apple pectin.

OP
F

FrankMa

That’s exactly how I did it before and had good results. If I do it again I’ll probably also add psyllium or apple pectin.
I do something similar; meat + milk + oranges or orange juice + raw carrots + coffe + honey.
That`s basically it.
Every time I deviate from that by eating, rice, potatoes I don`t feel as good.

SamYo123

I myself doing best on not less than around 120g of protein; so could be one of the reasons
but theotretically they should be feeling even better by having fruit / fruit juice in addition, right?
But some claim they don`t.
I have read oncde that there are bacteria in your intestines which produce carbs from protein without
the negative side effects of having your body convert protein to carb via gluco-neogenesis.
Not sure what to think about that.

in regards to starch;
Basically I don`t like them because after eating them for a few days my mind becomes less clear;
nevertheless they raise my body temperature.
In which way are starches slowing you down?
the human body evolved before starches were made muscles developed a certain way to move, the Transverse abdominis must be recruited to throw/ run after pray and the grains usually stop that muscle recruitment from happening and so thats where the human body degeneration comes in we move like dogshit nowa days compared to how "should"

Thats what functional patterns are claiming with their results

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I do something similar; meat + milk + oranges or orange juice + raw carrots + coffe + honey.
That`s basically it.
Every time I deviate from that by eating, rice, potatoes I don`t feel as good.
It’s comforting to read your experience. I know I’m not the only one but sometimes it feels that way. I’m so glad you’ve figured out what works best for you.
I really like grains and they are affordable and convenient but after 2-4 weeks of eating them again (each time) I start to go down hill. This last time I started feeling like my old chronic fatigue syndrome symptoms were coming back full force. Not good at all.

OP
F

FrankMa

It’s comforting to read your experience. I know I’m not the only one but sometimes it feels that way. I’m so glad you’ve figured out what works best for you.
I really like grains and they are affordable and convenient but after 2-4 weeks of eating them again (each time) I start to go down hill. This last time I started feeling like my old chronic fatigue syndrome symptoms were coming back full force. Not good at all.
You are defintely not the only one feeling best by eating that "special" way.
Yes, starches are cheap and you can make delicious food out of it but like you
I don`t do good by eating starches.
Unfortunately good meat is very expensive; in addition to that iron accumaltion could be a problem
but one could at least theoretically cope with iron absorption by having coffe with meat.
Since I started incorporating meat before some time I do regular iron panel blood work like 2-3 times per year;
so far nothing to worry about.

In his articles he claimed that fibre is not speeding things up; quite the opposite.
With me that is true; without fibre + meat I have around 2-3 movements per day
as opposed to having safe fibre + only milk instead of meat I have one movement per day.
I also think it depends on what the fiber is and how much. A little oat bran (like Peat has) is far less inflammatory than wheat. He says oat bran is a bit better than oatmeal but can cause problems long term, after a year to be exact, he said.

OP
F

FrankMa

I also think it depends on what the fiber is and how much. A little oat bran (like Peat has) is far less inflammatory than wheat. He says oat bran is a bit better than oatmeal but can cause problems long term, after a year to be exact, he said.
I agree, depends on the kind of fibre and even more on ones microbiom.
I am still wondering if it is a sign of an intestinal problem that I can very well digest meat, milk, oranges
but bloat easily on fruit vegetables and vegetables.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals