Why do saddhus have so much hair?

Jack Earth

I saw a youtuber visit saddhus in India
A lot of these men appear to be in their 40s - 70s and have teenage hairlines.

The things that to me seem pro hair are.. they consume dairy and I'm assuming its fresh. And a whole range of fruits veggies and roots. They get a lot of sun similar to homeless people. And I'm guessing high altitude?

The things that seem anti hair but obviously have no effect on them are..
they smoke weed which according to ray is estrogenic, and their diet has no meat, high gluten, low calorie, fasting.

What factors do you think are mainly responsible for their hair?

boris

Probably everything you mentionend. Good food and sunshine. They do eat nuts and grains, but they pay emphasis on proper preparation of those Sattvic diet - Wikipedia. Soaking and sprouting removes gluten and reduces other toxins.

I heard fasting in indian culture doesn't mean starving, but rather not eating everything for a while. Something similar to a juice fast. When your diet and life is good, something potentially stressful like fasting won't have a disastrous effect and can even be somewhat beneficial (endotoxin reduction).

Last edited:

Apple

saddhus in India
maybe it is all about calm mind?
often when I think deeply about something, trying to solve some logical puzzle/question, do some mental work (learning/studying) I find that areas aboves temples are slightly itching , exactly where I used to have hair before. :) As if those areas get too much heat than necessary.
In Indian yogi mental practices they often warn that if you direct too much energy to your head (during mental practices) it can make you bald and ill.

Last edited:
OP
J

Jack Earth

maybe it is all about calm mind?
often when I think deeply about something, trying to solve some logical puzzle/question, do some mental work (learning/studying) I find that areas aboves temples are slightly itching , exactly where I used to have hair before. :) As if those areas get too much heat than necessary.
In Indian yogi mental practices they often warn that if you direct too much energy to your head (during mental practices) it can make you bald and ill.
I don't know anything about yogic mental practices. But could it be you tense your scalp muscles too much? And maybe yogic practice results in low scalp tension

Apple

I don't know anything about yogic mental practices. But could it be you tense your scalp muscles too much? And maybe yogic practice results in low scalp tension
During yogic practice all muscles are supposed to be relaxed.
you can experiment it yourself...focus for some minutes on your forhead, or hands... you will feel how it increaces bloodflow in that area(of your focus) as if it becomes warmer.
Yogi know that trick very well so they are preparing their body in a special way to handle those kind of issues with overheating

Last edited:

Apple

You asking about Sadhus without checking first who they are?
" is a religious ascetic, mendicant or any holy person in Hinduism and Jainism who has renounced the worldly life. They are sometimes alternatively referred to as yogi, sannyasi or Bairagi. Literally, it means one who practises a ″sadhana″ or keenly follows a path of spiritual"

They dedicate all their life to meditation

rei

This is one argument i have used previously in my take on hairloss. It is postural damage leading to fascial tension that is the root cause, and one basic tenent of joga is to have a straight spine. Not s-spine as western medicine teaches you. It's a sign of chronic postural damage, which causes chronic fascial tension.

Uselis

Yeah I think the type of breathing legit saddhus are practicing is meant to increase carbon dioxide. Kind of like Buteyko. Plus high altitude.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Apple

India is a sunny country...every Indian gets lots of sun

OP
J

Jack Earth

This is one argument i have used previously in my take on hairloss. It is postural damage leading to fascial tension that is the root cause, and one basic tenent of joga is to have a straight spine. Not s-spine as western medicine teaches you. It's a sign of chronic postural damage, which causes chronic fascial tension.
That's pretty interesting I haven't heard much about that, only about tight scalp.
How can you test for facial tension?

Maybe some guys would like to be saddhus, but they're bald so they feel like they won't fit in, and so they hang out where their bald head won't stick out like sore thumb as much. It's all peace and meditation and brotherhood until the bald guy shows up, then ya gotta passive aggressively make him feel excluded until he leaves so the group can keep its cool image. Saddhus are guys who could've been Buddhist but had too-pretty hair for that aesthetic. That's a historical fact.

Last edited:

lilsticky

Maybe some guys would like to be saddhus, but they're bald so they feel like they won't fit in, and so they hang out where their bald head won't stick out like sore thumb as much. It's all peace and meditation and brotherhood until the bald guy shows up, then ya gotta passive aggressively make him feel excluded until he leaves so the group can keep its cool image. Saddhus are guys who could've been Buddhist but had too-pretty hair for that aesthetic. That's a historical fact.
Interesting

rei

That's pretty interesting I haven't heard much about that, only about tight scalp.
How can you test for facial tension?
well a tight scalp is caused by fascial tension. I don't know of any tests available except how flexible you are.

OP
J

Jack Earth

well a tight scalp is caused by fascial tension. I don't know of any tests available except how flexible you are.
That would means yogis being super flexible probably dont have facial tension.
Is that your solution to stretch/do yoga?

rei

The point is to have a straight spine, specific exercises like various forms of "yoga" as we call it here in the west can help. But they are designed to maintain health, to restore severely deteriorated health you need to be a bit more imaginative as the movements you need differ based on what specific injuries you have, and even in what order they happened. And often if not always simply movement is not enough, you need to exert external force to achieve realignment. So chiropractic ideas.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals