Why Do People Think New Coronavirus Is A Normal Flu?

Regina

I'm beginning to think now that the 65 Million target wasn't deaths, but the number Americans collecting unemployment in the month of April 2020.
ba dum tss
but don't worry. After you get his tattoo ID/vac, you will be able to get your UBI chits to spend at his authorized vendors.
Hey starbucks, be a terrible shame if you had to shutdown forever. But if you install my tattooID/vac scanners at all your entrances, I'll let ya live. I'm that kinda swell robin hood guy.

I posted elsewhere about how since so much building air is toxic, even pure oxygen which is somewhat toxic, might be temporarily better than just breathing air in a room.

But I do think carbogen would be better

I also think if you have a"mild" case that isnt causing lungs to fill with fluid but causes heart issues, intravenous saline could be very helpful, but otherwise I agree.

Anyway I agree that its very serious, I had a nasty case of it a couple weeks ago and still haven't gotten back to normal baseline. But good luck convincing people of that on here. It's like banging your head against a brick wall

what were your symptoms?
what has changed compared to baseline?

I am not sure I had covid-19. I think I had a very, very bad flu like illness. I have since learned that the H1N1 flu this year has been the worst in many years.

Since when does the normal flu overflow hospitals and make the govt build more of them? Never happens, this is way more serious than normal flu obviously

dand

Annual flu related deaths per year is between 12 000 - 61 000.

2 months corona killed 40 000 people. And china probably hiding fatalities.

whats the logic behind people thinking its just a flu?

That is incorrect. Annual flu deaths for US is 20k-60k. Coronavirus is around 60k globally. Huge distinction.

Well, it happened in 2017-18- Hospitals Overwhelmed by Flu Patients Are Treating Them in Tents

So, "never happens" is totally inaccurate.

As for hospitals "overflowing" right now, well.....

Okay that is without a lockdown, now there is an actual literal lockdown and the hospitals are overwhelmed, if everyone was free to walk around and spread this, it would be armageddon. When were the ventilators ever this low? Bro the president had to force companies to make ventilators now. This conspiracy stuff is getting super weird around here.

tankasnowgod

Okay that is without a lockdown, now there is an actual literal lockdown and the hospitals are overwhelmed, if everyone was free to walk around and spread this, it would be armageddon. When were the ventilators ever this low? Bro the president had to force companies to make ventilators now. This conspiracy stuff is getting super weird around here.

No they aren't. The video I posted showed various hospitals looking basically empty, including those in Los Angeles and New York, which is supposed to be the "epicenter." There was even video of two hospitals that had been on the news, and showed them basically empty.

All levels of government have essentially suspended the Bill of Rights in the US, and I'm surprised that there are people like you not even questioning it, and putting complete and total faith in measures like lockdowns that have no scientific backing or history to draw upon.

thomas00

For arguments sake, even if NY was totally overwhelmed, it's only one city in one state in one country.

If those scenes were happening in many cities in many countries I'd be pretty worried something nasty was on the loose. That isn't the case at present though.

No they aren't. The video I posted showed various hospitals looking basically empty, including those in Los Angeles and New York, which is supposed to be the "epicenter." There was even video of two hospitals that had been on the news, and showed them basically empty.

All levels of government have essentially suspended the Bill of Rights in the US, and I'm surprised that there are people like you not even questioning it, and putting complete and total faith in measures like lockdowns that have no scientific backing or history to draw upon.

For arguments sake, even if NY was totally overwhelmed, it's only one city in one state in one country.

If those scenes were happening in many cities in many countries I'd be pretty worried something nasty was on the loose. That isn't the case at present though.

Well I know someone who works in an emergency room and they indeed said it was hectic. I don't know where that video is coming from. Why would they building hospitals in nyc if that was the case? The whole point of the lockdown is to slow down the spread. I don't get what the point of what you are saying, you think everyone should be free to go out as before and no one should stay inside? The death rate of older people is like 5 to 10 percent it looks like, so we want to lower the impact to elderly or families in losing people. Or those with compromised immune systems from catching it. I mean, it would be great if everyone had a perfect metabolism diet like ray peat, but not everyone falls into that case for whatever reason.

tankasnowgod

Well I know someone who works in an emergency room and they indeed said it was hectic. I don't know where that video is coming from. Why would they building hospitals in nyc if that was the case? The whole point of the lockdown is to slow down the spread. I don't get what the point of what you are saying, you think everyone should be free to go out as before and no one should stay inside? The death rate of older people is like 5 to 10 percent it looks like, so we want to lower the impact to elderly or families in losing people. Or those with compromised immune systems from catching it. I mean, it would be great if everyone had a perfect metabolism diet like ray peat, but not everyone falls into that case for whatever reason.

Some hospitals might indeed be overwhelmed. I would assume that ER's are frequently hectic (after all, they have the word "Emergency" in their name). Especially if they were forced to furlough staff. For example....

Trinity Health Michigan to furlough 2,500, cut executive pay due to COVID-19

You can find many, many more examples of that happening, including doctors and nurses.

Do I think everyone should be "free?" Yes, absolutely, 100% always. Of course they should be free to go outside. Post me one study that shows ANY health benefits of locking down 300+ Million people for at least a month. You won't find one, because it has never been done before 2020.

Amazing how people literally threw away knowledge learned over centuries or longer that sick people should stay home and be self quarantined, and that healthy people should go about their lives. Oh, and we have to believe government agencies 100% on this one, even though government agencies have a truly abysmal record when it comes to health recommendations.

Some hospitals might indeed be overwhelmed. I would assume that ER's are frequently hectic (after all, they have the word "Emergency" in their name). Especially if they were forced to furlough staff. For example....

You can find many, many more examples of that happening, including doctors and nurses.

Do I think everyone should be "free?" Yes, absolutely, 100% always. Of course they should be free to go outside. Post me one study that shows ANY health benefits of locking down 300+ Million people for at least a month. You won't find one, because it has never been done before 2020.

Amazing how people literally threw away knowledge learned over centuries or longer that sick people should stay home and be self quarantined, and that healthy people should go about their lives. Oh, and we have to believe government agencies 100% on this one, even though government agencies have a truly abysmal record when it comes to health recommendations.

100% correct.

They are only doing essential health things right now... the entire hospital and staff isn't one gigantic emergency room or full of emergency room doctors... many procedures are going to get cut as people aren't going out...

well you and I disagree, I don't think it is worth risking people's lives to spread covid19 to each other and leave quarantine. it's an easy state of mind if you are young and healthy, but if you are compromised in some way and your life is in danger, it is pretty messed up.

the problem is people are asymptomatic for up to 14 days before knowing they are sick... i think once tests are more readily available and they can test everyone, then we can get back normal and going out to make sure no one is sick, but just because you feel healthy doesn't mean you don't have it unfortunately

tankasnowgod

They are only doing essential health things right now... the entire hospital and staff isn't one gigantic emergency room or full of emergency room doctors... many procedures are going to get cut as people aren't going out...

The problem with that...... who decides what is "essential?" Consider this from A. J. Kay-

The Curve Is Already Flat

"I will admit that I have a horse in this race. Five of them, actually. I’m one of the millions of people paying that very high price.

Fifteen months ago, I was diagnosed with a tumor in my liver. Because of its location, the risk/benefit of performing a diagnostic biopsy on the mass was too low to justify proceeding, so my oncologist took a watch-and-wait approach. Six months ago, I was relieved by a follow-up scan that indicated it had not grown. Nonetheless, in the last two weeks, I have developed GI symptoms that are consistent with the tumor spreading. As of now, I am unable to get a scan to rule out the possibility of metastasis of my disease because the imaging necessary to monitor my liver is considered “elective”. And when the healthcare system does finally come back online, the backlog of patients like me will result in even more delays to access.

Should the worst-case come to pass for me, and I later discover that I do have cancer that has spread and we missed the window to diagnose and treat it, my life will be one of many casualties of the COVID response. My four daughters will grow up without their mother and will likely be left in the custody of their father whom they currently only see every other weekend (two of them are completely estranged for him) and who has recently lost his job as nurse administrator of an outpatient orthopedic surgical facility due to CVOID-19. The owners were forced to shut the facility down a week ago because the governor of our state issued a ban on elective surgeries. His financial stability is doubly in question because the economic security measures that have been put in place for individuals affected by COVID specifically exclude healthcare workers.

So, in my little family alone, not only are my kids suffering the typical cabin fever and educational setbacks, but I have lost most of my freelance writing income, their father has lost his job which provided 50% of our financial support, we were not able to pay rent yesterday, and I am unable to obtain what could potentially be life-saving health care."

This is also where you and I disagree. I don't think it's worth risking people's lives to conduct an experiment locking down 300+ Million people. It might be an easy thing to recommend if you are healthy enough to ride out this horrid measure, but people like A.J. Kay might lose their lives because they couldn't get a so called "elective" procedure.

Regina

I walked all around the multiple buildings and ER of this major chicago hospital last week. Crickets. Encountered almost no person.

I walked through those blocks again today and yesterday (it's my regular route with my dog) and saw no activity around the hospital whatsoever.

theLaw

I walked all around the multiple buildings and ER of this major chicago hospital last week. Crickets. Encountered almost no person.

I walked through those blocks again today and yesterday (it's my regular route with my dog) and saw no activity around the hospital whatsoever.

Coronavirus update: Pres. Trump says Illinois to get 600 ventilators, Gov. Pritzker requests thousands more ahead of COVID-19 peak

"On Friday, Gov. JB Pritzker and Mayor Lori Lightfoot toured the makeshift hospital built at Chicago's McCormick Place as it prepares to accept its first patients."

"The facility was designed and built by the Illinois National Guard, Army Corps of Engineers and a battalion of skilled tradesmen now houses 500 beds, with plans to scale up to 3,000 if needed."

I can find total cases and deaths easily, but haven't once come across any info on how many are currently hospitalized. o_O

The problem with that...... who decides what is "essential?" Consider this from A. J. Kay-

The Curve Is Already Flat

"I will admit that I have a horse in this race. Five of them, actually. I’m one of the millions of people paying that very high price.

Fifteen months ago, I was diagnosed with a tumor in my liver. Because of its location, the risk/benefit of performing a diagnostic biopsy on the mass was too low to justify proceeding, so my oncologist took a watch-and-wait approach. Six months ago, I was relieved by a follow-up scan that indicated it had not grown. Nonetheless, in the last two weeks, I have developed GI symptoms that are consistent with the tumor spreading. As of now, I am unable to get a scan to rule out the possibility of metastasis of my disease because the imaging necessary to monitor my liver is considered “elective”. And when the healthcare system does finally come back online, the backlog of patients like me will result in even more delays to access.

Should the worst-case come to pass for me, and I later discover that I do have cancer that has spread and we missed the window to diagnose and treat it, my life will be one of many casualties of the COVID response. My four daughters will grow up without their mother and will likely be left in the custody of their father whom they currently only see every other weekend (two of them are completely estranged for him) and who has recently lost his job as nurse administrator of an outpatient orthopedic surgical facility due to CVOID-19. The owners were forced to shut the facility down a week ago because the governor of our state issued a ban on elective surgeries. His financial stability is doubly in question because the economic security measures that have been put in place for individuals affected by COVID specifically exclude healthcare workers.

So, in my little family alone, not only are my kids suffering the typical cabin fever and educational setbacks, but I have lost most of my freelance writing income, their father has lost his job which provided 50% of our financial support, we were not able to pay rent yesterday, and I am unable to obtain what could potentially be life-saving health care."

This is also where you and I disagree. I don't think it's worth risking people's lives to conduct an experiment locking down 300+ Million people. It might be an easy thing to recommend if you are healthy enough to ride out this horrid measure, but people like A.J. Kay might lose their lives because they couldn't get a so called "elective" procedure.

what you are saying is a different argument. i never said we should be risking lives to stop the spread, it is about only essential health procedures taking place. if she has potential cancer, then i would agree that is essential and she should go to the doctor. if she is being denied it, then it isn't right, but that doesn't mean the entire quarantine is wrong, that means what is considered essential is wrong.

but the virus can't spread if people aren't next to each other. and then more lives will be saved from it. i don't see how that doesn't make sense from a virus spread perspective.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals