Why Do People Hate On Tea?

what about catechism?
That may be bad for indigenous people.
I see people hate on tea, specifically green tea all the time in these forums. I'm here to learn and know why? After reading article after article on green tea's benefits, I don't know why anyone would not drink it daily. Would love to read up on articles that may oppose. I've personally drank it daily for long periods of time before, along with chamomile before bed, and I experienced almost super human effects. I was a 140 pounds my senior year of college playing baseball. Very small I know, however during max out week during off season baseball workouts I was able to squat and deadlift over 3x my weight. I was pound for pound the strongest dude by a mile on a team where multiple guys were taking steroids. Here's a handful of published scholarly articles supporting GT:

1. Beneficial effects of green tea: A literature review
Beneficial effects of green tea: A literature review
2. Health-promoting effects of green tea
Health-promoting effects of green tea
3. Tea and Health: Studies in Humans
Tea and Health: Studies in Humans
4.Beneficial Effects of Green Tea--A Review
https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/aba2/00d22e9ecc27e2a4fc058be690d1366be961.pdf
5. Nutraceutical Properties of the Green Tea Polyphenols
Nutraceutical Properties of the Green Tea Polyphenols
6. Green Tea and Lung Cancer: A Systematic Review
SAGE Journals: Your gateway to world-class journal research
I found this:

Attachments

• GreenTeaisamajorHealthHazard.pdf
    304.7 KB · Views: 47

pauljacob

"Hate ON tea?" This is the first incidence of bad English I see on this forum. What's wrong with "Why do people hate tea?" Why did you add "on" and ruin a perfect sentence?

Soundios

As an example, heavy tea drinkers can exhibit skeletal changes (skeletal fluorosis) due to the high fluoride content. Symptoms tend to include arthritic pain, digestive problems and decreased bone health. Whilst that is obviously an extreme example, fluoride (or fluorine to be more accurate), being a halogen is generally anti-thyroid, it blocks the uptake of iodine and is therefore not considered to be worth it according to the Peat view of metabolic health. Combine this with fluoridated drinking water in many parts of the world and it can produce deleterious effects over time. It is unfortunate as tea can have calming and pro cognitive effects in the short term, at least.

"Hate ON tea?" This is the first incidence of bad English I see on this forum. What's wrong with "Why do people hate tea?" Why did you add "on" and ruin a perfect sentence?
That usage is a more informal one, that's all

akgrrrl

How can any statements be made with clarity regarding "tea" unless the type is stated specifically? There are at least 5,000 kinds.

fradon

I see people hate on tea, specifically green tea all the time in these forums. I'm here to learn and know why? After reading article after article on green tea's benefits, I don't know why anyone would not drink it daily. Would love to read up on articles that may oppose. I've personally drank it daily for long periods of time before, along with chamomile before bed, and I experienced almost super human effects. I was a 140 pounds my senior year of college playing baseball. Very small I know, however during max out week during off season baseball workouts I was able to squat and deadlift over 3x my weight. I was pound for pound the strongest dude by a mile on a team where multiple guys were taking steroids. Here's a handful of published scholarly articles supporting GT:

1. Beneficial effects of green tea: A literature review
Beneficial effects of green tea: A literature review
2. Health-promoting effects of green tea
Health-promoting effects of green tea
3. Tea and Health: Studies in Humans
Tea and Health: Studies in Humans
4.Beneficial Effects of Green Tea--A Review
https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/aba2/00d22e9ecc27e2a4fc058be690d1366be961.pdf
5. Nutraceutical Properties of the Green Tea Polyphenols
Nutraceutical Properties of the Green Tea Polyphenols
6. Green Tea and Lung Cancer: A Systematic Review
SAGE Journals: Your gateway to world-class journal research

just got into unsweetened ice tea lately as coffee was givng me too much acidity.. tea is good at lowering serotonin as it has some nicotine since tea and tobacco are related. plus theanine and caffiene.

How can any statements be made with clarity regarding "tea" unless the type is stated specifically? There are at least 5,000 kinds.
When people say "tea", they usually mean infusions made with parts of the Camellia sinensis plant. That includes green tea, white tea, black tea, pu-erh tea, oolong tea etc. Yeah, there are many infusions you can make, all you need is water and some plant parts prepared appropriately.

just got into unsweetened ice tea lately as coffee was givng me too much acidity.. tea is good at lowering serotonin as it has some nicotine since tea and tobacco are related. plus theanine and caffiene.
Have you tried Coke? Maybe using some theanine powder throughout the day could mimic tea without the anti-thyroid effects.

fradon

Have you tried Coke? Maybe using some theanine powder throughout the day could mimic tea without the anti-thyroid effects.
avoding coke because i have high iron build up leading to hemochromatosis aka iron overload. fructose increases iron absorption and depletes copper causing a sever copper deficiency.

since i've cut my on coke my iron symptoms have gone down and i am supplementing copper so my dopamine levels are getting better.

I thought fructose increased only non-heme iron absorption. Someone posted a study somewhere here on the forum showing that the insulin resistance caused by refined fructose in rats could be avoided simply by making sure that they got enough mgnesium in their diet. Copper is probably another mineral that a high metabolism uses up, so it makes sense fructose would deplete copper.

Inositol is apparently good for chelating iron, so maybe supplementing it after iron heavy meals could prove useful. I think cilantro is good too.

Glad you're improving!

hiconscience

flouride. hurts your thyroid..... but I love a good cup of earl grey *on occasion* also have you seen Brits teeth? I think that has something to do with the fluoride hurting kidneys therefore bone.

team coffee all daay

hiconscience

flouride is a halogen so it displaces other halogens in your body. necessary salts and electrolytes and maybe most importantly iodine which is needed for thyroid. no matter what anyone says you need some iodine. milk is a big source of iodine.