CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Orange & Red Light Therapy Device - LGS1
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Cascara Sagrada Powder From Farmalabor In Italy
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Why Do I Function Better When Restricting Protein?

Discussion in 'Protein' started by MightyFall, Mar 9, 2014.

1. MightyFall

MightyFall Member

I have been recovering for almost a YEAR from a brief ketosis and low carb stint and have developed reactive hypoglycemia, chronic fatigue, brain fog and depression induced by the diet. My TSH levels have not been recently tested (tested back in October yet TSH levels did not indicate hypothyroid) yet but I suspect hypothyroid (I am reluctant to think so since I am only a 23 year old male).

Protein stabilised my blood sugar levels but left me feeling worse. I combined high protein with high carb (averaging 2000 cals a day, probably 400g carbs and 100g protein) and kept fat low.

Now that I have eliminated protein and fat and have drastically upped carbs, I'm feeling a little better. Not optimal by any standards, but the fatigue has eased a little.

Despite the improvements, I'm craving for protein (particularly muscle meat) and I'm feeling hungrier.

Would appreciate opinions.

2. j.

j. Guest

One could be hypothyroid before being born.

3. Mittir

Mittir Member

RP mentioned that people feel really great when they adopt a low protein diet like
    raw vegan. It is the lack of tryptophan that gives a temporary relief.
    But very soon liver gets inefficient with low protein diet and things get worse.
    Using gelatin as main source of protein should give similar benefits of low protein diet.
    Muscle meat is very problematic for many reasons, particularly high tryptophan, Cystein
    and methionine and very high phosphorus content. Eating extra calcium with muscle meat
    minimizes adverse effects of high phosphorus to calcium ratio.
    RP mentioned phosphorus poisoning could be a cause of poor health in Eskimos.
    Red meat has high iron and chicken and most fish has low iron.
    Casein is an excellent type of protein. Home made Farmer's cheese is very safe, as it does not
    have any allergenic enzyme, additives or histamine problem of old cheese.

4. Amarsh213

Amarsh213 Member

Spot on.

It's pretty much all tryptophan fault.
    Even in milk and eggs it's in extreme excess. A supply of gelatin 2-3 table spoons per meal is needed.