Why Do I Crave A Huge Sugar Meal Every Night Before Sleeping?

OP
M

Motif

I took theanine today+ glycine, what should reduce cortisol , but I still had to eat ice cream a few minutes ago.

MitchMitchell

I took theanine today+ glycine.

those won’t cut it, cravings are always a signal that something’s missing and it’s typically readily available energy (to prevent you from switching onto stressful fat burning mode, or even worse amino catabolism). No wonders you wanted ice cream.Whole milk is the perfect pre bed food, galactose goes straight to the liver, casein is slowly released, fat prevents excess insulin spiking.

Just eat small amounts of sugar at will all day. Ideally natural sugars as they’ll be more satiating thus self limiting than, say, Oreos.

OP
M

Motif

those won’t cut it, cravings are always a signal that something’s missing and it’s typically readily available energy (to prevent you from switching onto stressful fat burning mode, or even worse amino catabolism). No wonders you wanted ice cream.Whole milk is the perfect pre bed food, galactose goes straight to the liver, casein is slowly released, fat prevents excess insulin spiking.

Just eat small amounts of sugar at will all day. Ideally natural sugars as they’ll be more satiating thus self limiting than, say, Oreos.

Any idea how to find out what’s missing ?

Hgreen56

just a experience:
Before peat i never eat sugar.
No sucrose with my coffee, no candy, no ice, no dairy, no coke or other drinks.
I never had sugar cravings.
Then when i started peat diet, sugar cravings everywhere, it was like i was addict to this stuff.
always hunger, always need to eat something, very stress full, it was making me crazy.
Every time i read here that when someone has cravings, you need more and more.
But this was making it worse and worse
Also me health declined this way eating but thats another story.
Tried it for 2 a 3 months, and then i asked myself why i got i these cravings, i never had this before...
And then i realized, that is was the sugar itself.
Sugar was the source of cravings, so i stopt, quit it al, also fruit.
Cravings where gone.. never come back. Bye bye cravings. Rest in peace.