Why Do I Crave A Huge Sugar Meal Every Night Before Sleeping?

I don't know why you crave but I know that my sleep and as a result my general improved when I started eating warm milk with sugar or honey before bed.

ilhanxx

because your cortisol pick up, sugar downs cortisol. in the evening, some stick cinnamon in a hot drink or tea will be a good option for sugar metabolism

OP
M

Motif

Cortisol related you think ?

Best ways to keep it in check ?

rei

because you are running out of circulating and/or easily released sugar and your body is not effective in utilizing glycogen. What you feel is the body starting to increase stress hormones to shift towards protein degradation and fat metabolism.

OP
M

Motif

because you are running out of circulating and/or easily released sugar and your body is not effective in utilizing glycogen. What you feel is the body starting to increase stress hormones to shift towards protein degradation and fat metabolism.

Thanks! Any tips for me how to improve this ?

rei

I healed metabolic syndrome symptoms with (intermittent) fasting, but restored full glucose tolerance by eliminating postural damage which had caused chronic sympathetic dominance. Chronic fascial tension causes chronic stress for the affected organs, be it muscles or intestines compressed by the tension. A stressed organ will not use resources to store and release glycogen effectively.

OP
M

Motif

I healed metabolic syndrome symptoms with (intermittent) fasting, but restored full glucose tolerance by eliminating postural damage which had caused chronic sympathetic dominance. Chronic fascial tension causes chronic stress for the affected organs, be it muscles or intestines compressed by the tension.

Oh wow, tell me more about that!
I have chronicle tight muscles for 20 years! Every muscle! All my joints are cracking and it’s really bad!

TheSir

I healed metabolic syndrome symptoms with (intermittent) fasting, but restored full glucose tolerance by eliminating postural damage which had caused chronic sympathetic dominance. Chronic fascial tension causes chronic stress for the affected organs, be it muscles or intestines compressed by the tension. A stressed organ will not use resources to store and release glycogen effectively.
What are the most significant postural trigger points for sympathetic dominance/glucose intolerance in your view?

rei

Oh wow, tell me more about that!
I have chronicle tight muscles for 20 years! Every muscle! All my joints are cracking and it’s really bad!

classic symptoms of postural damage that has caused fascial tension/imbalance. You can go into my post history and see a whole lot of content related to this, for the past year i have mainly argued for this concept here.

What are the most significant postural trigger points for sympathetic dominance/glucose intolerance in your view?

I don't think about trigger points, it is a fascial network that is heavily layered. The skin fascia is the "glove" that provides the main centering tension, and the muscle/bone/organ fascia is secondary structure. See my recent thread Fluid Tissue - Fascinating Fasciae for a very good description of the latest on fascial research, and how it relates to movement/posture.

Last edited:

TheSir

classic symptoms of postural damage that has caused fascial tension/imbalance. You can go into my post history and see a whole lot of content related to this, for the past year i have mainly argued for this concept here.

I don't think about trigger points, it is a fascial network that is heavily layered. The skin fascia is the "glove" that provides the main centering tension, and the muscle/bone/organ fascia is secondary structure. See my recent thread Fluid Tissue - Fascinating Fasciae for a very good description of the latest on fascial research, and how it relates to movement/posture.
Thanks, I will have to look at it later. Based on my own postural experimentations, it seems that the body really wants to move as a cohesive unit, as if it was one singular muscle the movements of which the fascia is directing. The more holistic the activation of the body in any movement is, the better the benefits seem to be in regards to balacing the anatomy. In contrast to this, isolated exercises in gym machines are practically a polar opposite, and it's no wonder that bodybuilders tend to acquire significant postural imbalances in their pursuit of shaping the body according to their wants. Very few gym rats are approaching fitness from a holistic-functional point of view, even though in the end this would result in better aesthetics and overall strength.

Waynish

It could be a gut parasite or SIBO-like issue... Could also be you're undernourished... Could be your stressed out... If every time we have a craving we have to ask 'why', then that's quite a lot of overhead!

OP
M

Motif

It could be a gut parasite or SIBO-like issue... Could also be you're undernourished... Could be your stressed out... If every time we have a craving we have to ask 'why', then that's quite a lot of overhead!
Sibo and stressed out both possible

OP
M

Motif

What exactly were you doing to get rid of it?

I tried everything over the years!

R J

This is really true. My digestion and energy improves when I free up my diaphragms and abdominal and pelvic muscles

R J

What exactly were you doing to get rid of it?

I tried everything over the years!

No actual physiotherapist or “stretches” really worked for me. I just lie down and visualize the things releasing, becoming good positions etc. An anatomy or yoga book etc helps. And then I do movements which feel like they release tension. Some ppl term it myofascial unwinding. I just call it rolling around on the floor

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals