Why Do Antihistimes Are High Enough Dose Increase Serotonin

biggirlkisss

why do antihistimes are high enough dose increase serotonin aka backfire on you and do more harm then good? I was looking at mirtazapine it has strong h1 effects. Like a antihistamine. Makes me wonder when it backfires too.

sladerunner69

Do you have any evidence of this? When I take a Benadryl my serotonin is definitely a bit lower, in terms of my calm, mellow, non-aggressive mood. The problem is that I become dysfuncitonnaly groggy and tired, even the day after taking it before bed.

ddjd

In my experience most anti histamines reduce Serotonin. I don't think this is accurate.

Do you take mirtazapine?

OP
biggirlkisss

biggirlkisss

no but im trying to get it from my shrink. Seems challenging. Not the cheapest drug either seems the most expensive drugs are the better one excluding cpyrohedtine.

jitsmonkey

This is a potential response I have not seen in any literature but heard reported subjectively
and I can say I've had this experience of taking too much or too many days in a row and what appears to be a rise in serotonin occurs.
I don't understand it other than to say that the things involving histamine regulation are complex to say the least.
I think its simply a matter of doing what works for you vs trying to go by what's "supposed" to happen.
The vast majority of folks using antihists therapeutically have serotonin type symptoms reduce quite reliably.
As with everything there are always outliers who respond outside of the "normal' box.

I'm speaking of antihists re: cypro, benad., etc... I've not had personal experience with M

OP
biggirlkisss

biggirlkisss

will cpyro reduces dopamine and your only suppose to take it for a month or two maybe that why. M didn't reduce dopamine enough to matter. I was looking at amitriptyline as I saw a study in women where it lowered serum serotonin quite a bit but that has more chance of qt heart problems so I can't get it and even if I did M is advertised as a appetite which is a good sign apart of pot of being pro thyroid.

Blood noradrenaline and 5-HT levels in depressed women during amitriptyline or lithium treatment. - PubMed - NCBI

Frankdee20

Benadryl will definitely block reuptake of Serotonin at high doses.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals