Why did Ray choose not to have a child?

sunny

I think it would be improper to ask him, either way. Perhaps he didn't want to, perhaps he couldn't, perhaps his wife couldn't. Ray has a way of hinting that he doesn't wish to discuss certain personal questions. If we are friends of his, we should respect this.
+1

Risingfire

How old was Ray's gf when he met her? Maybe it wasn't possible or maybe he didn't want to have children

stoic

Back in antiquity having a child provided survival advantages. An extra hand meant another person to work and secure the living. Big reversal nowadays. A child is more of a hinderance to the family unit then a support. Having a child is a fruit of wealth than a survivalship advantage. If millennials are constantly stressed and can barely take care of themselves, why the hell would they have children.
I understand the argument, but I don't think that situation has to be inevitable. Granted, the atomised, fully working, sometimes single parent household can often be a very stressful experience. But a return to more traditional roles and bigger family structures could offset most of that stress, whilst providing the sense of belonging, purpose and support that is generally missing in modern societies. This would take a lot of time and effort, but I think some shortcuts exist, such as joining a self-sustained community, moving to the countryside or perhaps to a more suitable country.

Brundle

A seed is waiting in the earth, for rain to come and give him birth. It's all he really needs to set him free.

So the next time you see L.A. rainclouds, don't complain. It rains for you and me.

Runenight201

I understand the argument, but I don't think that situation has to be inevitable. Granted, the atomised, fully working, sometimes single parent household can often be a very stressful experience. But a return to more traditional roles and bigger family structures could offset most of that stress, whilst providing the sense of belonging, purpose and support that is generally missing in modern societies. This would take a lot of time and effort, but I think some shortcuts exist, such as joining a self-sustained community, moving to the countryside or perhaps to a more suitable country.

I feel like the culture at large needs to be fixed so that it’s warm towards family creation. Something is clearly toxic about this late-stage capitalist both parents working family structure, and it’s causing a lot of harm. I also am not warm to the idea of expatriatism. I want to change the land I was born into, not run away.

I also don’t believe that having a family is what should be everyone’s ultimate objective, as if that’s the highest calling a human being can achieve. The need for connection within a healthy community is more important imo, and the shared sense of belonging that it encompasses is ultimately what social creature such as ourselves need to be fulfilled.

DaikonRadish

I feel like the culture at large needs to be fixed so that it’s warm towards family creation. Something is clearly toxic about this late-stage capitalist both parents working family structure, and it’s causing a lot of harm. I also am not warm to the idea of expatriatism. I want to change the land I was born into, not run away.
Women like it that way, women are empty vessels who are good at taking care of children completely on their own, they don't need a man or some fake disgusting nuclear family while she uses a round faced frumpy genius while being with pete davidson on the side.

Again feminism was basically women en masse saying we don't like our husband bob, billy, joe, or pradesh the janitor (sexually), we would rather be free and support our selves and have sex with our true passionate loves (meeks, davidson, chico, ramirez) etc etc.

Last edited:

stoic

I also don’t believe that having a family is what should be everyone’s ultimate objective, as if that’s the highest calling a human being can achieve. The need for connection within a healthy community is more important imo, and the shared sense of belonging that it encompasses is ultimately what social creature such as ourselves need to be fulfilled.
I think we largely agree. My perspective is perhaps a bit different, as I am the son of immigrants and have myself moved across different regions. This lack of belonging is stressful and I sometimes struggle with identity issues, but it has also made it easier to adapt to a different place with no particular sense of loss or betrayal. I am still in the West as I am focusing on optimising my health and finances, but I can definitely picture myself moving to a far off land in the not so far future...

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I would happily adopt at this point because I finally feel like I could be a decent parent but at 53 it seems like it might be a bit unfair to a child to have such an old mother. I’d basically be a senior citizen by the time they were 10.
I do understand why a lot of people don’t want to have children. You really need to have your life in order which I absolutely did not when I had my daughter at 20 years old. That’s basically why I never had anymore. Having or not having children is a pretty complicated issue. People throughout most of history didn’t have a lot of choice about it. My great grandmother and grandmother both had 12 children and were both dead by 39-40 years old. My mom had 2, I’ve had 1 and so far my 32 year old daughter has had 0. :/

LadyRae

WOW, so much anxiety, fear, selfishness, and cynicism in this thread.

Children are like coffee.... only for the healthy, grounded, properly fueled and energetic couple.

ursidae

Women like it that way, women are empty vessels who are good at taking care of children completely on their own, they don't need a man or some fake disgusting nuclear family while she uses a round faced frumpy genius while being with pete davidson on the side.

Again feminism was basically women en masse saying we don't like our husband bob, billy, joe, or pradesh the janitor (sexually), we would rather be free and support our selves and have sex with our true passionate loves (meeks, davidson, chico, ramirez) etc etc.
Bro you need to let go of this pete davidson guy, he is not attractive LMAO

How old was Ray's gf when he met her? Maybe it wasn't possible or maybe he didn't want to have children

women are empty vessels?

aniciete

View: https://twitter.com/montanaorder/status/1592957444443230210?s=46&t=jplaVyw5vQ498NMMjdsUaw

Advocate2021

From a spiritual perspective ( and i am a mother that has amends to make as due to my health challenges and trauma), i was not emotionally or spiritually ready to have a child and it happened completely unexpectedly as i had been told by mainstream medical i would never get pregnant -bs because it happened about a year and a half after going off all their estrogen treatments, taking progest-e and about a year after ovulating on my own for the first time.

However, despite all this, I have never felt such love as i feel for my son in any other capacity in my life. The abusive father who was 100 percent responsible for his conception (my son was not conceived in love which was a huge source of my wounding around motherhood), told me to have an abortion when i found out i was pregnant (almost 2 months because my cycles were not regular at that time) and my heart said no way. i felt this incredible love and gratitude and i knew this soul was supposed to come here despite the far from ideal set up. My son is part of my spiritual journey and healing my relationship with him is a lesson I am to fulfill here for my soul's evolution. He is an amazing beautiful special soul and i cannot fathom him not being on this planet. So while the world is far from ideal at the moment, I believe that souls choosing to incarnate here are meant to be here. I mean think about it, what would have happened if Dr. Peat's parents had decided not to have him? Just because he does not have children does not mean he is opposed to children coming into the world- there are many other explanations as to why he does not have them. If he was supposed to have them, they would have come here.

JamesGatz

🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨 304 ALERT 🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

B502AE6E-947B-481B-B7F7-C17F57C16FF0.png

View: https://youtu.be/fb6uTPYCNF4

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/GeTsy8OP6fw?feature=share

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals