Why Did A Healthy 16 Year Old Die From Covid

SOMO

Because Covid-19 presents unique challenges to the medical system. The flu has a lower R0 (spreadability), doesn’t cause as widespread infection in the lungs as Covid-19, and does not produce the overwhelming numbers that go on to require ICU and intubation and respiration. Flu also doesn’t kill the medical staff treating the patients the way Covid-19 does. They alone take a generation to replace.

No they don't...each year there's a graduating class of medical students and residents.

Class of 2018, class of 2019, class of 2020, etc. etc.

sweetpeat

I haven't pursuesd sources of this data, but here's someones take on it.
Covid vs. US Daily Average Cause of Death
I think this chart is misleading. It compares daily averages of all other causes of death with actual daily deaths of covid. In other words, comparing apples to oranges. Daily average deaths from covid in U.S. (using data from worldometer) is 126 (4059 total deaths divided by number of days since day of first reported death of February 29). The chart shows daily average deaths from covid to be 558 on March 30, but that was the actual number of deaths, not the average.

Jing

Because Covid-19 presents unique challenges to the medical system. The flu has a lower R0 (spreadability), doesn’t cause as widespread infection in the lungs as Covid-19, and does not produce the overwhelming numbers that go on to require ICU and intubation and respiration. Flu also doesn’t kill the medical staff treating the patients the way Covid-19 does. They alone take a generation to replace.
The flu still kills people though what's your point? Do you not care About the people who die from flu?

cedric

"Healthy" doesn't mean immune to CV. Young people are now vaping destroing lungs.
Respirators could be also the culprit.
https://www.sott.net/article/248460-Lun ... -Infection

Lactoferrin/raw milk/whey could be helpful
Heparin to the rescue?
Inhibition of SARS Pseudovirus Cell Entry by Lactoferrin Binding to Heparan Sulfate Proteoglycans

Inhibition of SARS Pseudovirus Cell Entry by Lactoferrin Binding to Heparan Sulfate Proteoglycans
Abstract

It has been reported that lactoferrin (LF) participates in the host immune response against Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus (SARS-CoV) invasion by enhancing NK cell activity and stimulating neutrophil aggregation and adhesion. We further investigated the role of LF in the entry of SARS pseudovirus into HEK293E/ACE2-Myc cells. Our results reveal that LF inhibits SARS pseudovirus infection in a dose-dependent manner. Further analysis suggested that LF was able to block the binding of spike protein to host cells at 4°C, indicating that LF exerted its inhibitory function at the viral attachment stage. However, LF did not disrupt the interaction of spike protein with angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2), the functional receptor of SARS-CoV. Previous studies have shown that LF colocalizes with the widely distributed cell-surface heparan sulfate proteoglycans (HSPGs). Our experiments have also confirmed this conclusion. Treatment of the cells with heparinase or exogenous heparin prevented binding of spike protein to host cells and inhibited SARS pseudovirus infection, demonstrating that HSPGs provide the binding sites for SARS-CoV invasion at the early attachment phase. Taken together, our results suggest that, in addition to ACE2, HSPGs are essential cell-surface molecules involved in SARS-CoV cell entry. LF may play a protective role in host defense against SARS-CoV infection through binding to HSPGs and blocking the preliminary interaction between SARS-CoV and host cells. Our findings may provide further understanding of SARS-CoV pathogenesis and aid in treatment of this deadly disease.

Last edited:
I wonder why the doctors felt the need to retest...and retest and retest.

Seems kind of like tunnnel-vision, as though they were focused on fitting the girl's symptoms to a particular illness instead of considering every possibility.
I disagree with you here. The covid test is well known for false negatives. More so than false positives. So it makes sense to retest if the clinical picture fits it

SOMO

I disagree with you here. The covid test is well known for false negatives. More so than false positives. So it makes sense to retest if the clinical picture fits it

How can you say the test is "well known" when it's still essentially a brand new test?

Also, in your own words, what is the Covid test and how does it work?

And why, in your own words, does it have so many false-negatives? Maybe it's just a shitty, inaccurate test?

cedric

Lactoferrin could be nebulized
http://www.aerodrug.com/sites/aerodrug/ ... S-2011.pdf

Feasibility study of OSCN- and Lactoferrin (Meveol®) nebulization
for Cystic Fibrosis patients.

And what about vagus nerve stimulation?
Lithium?
Lithium chloride inhibits the coronavirus infectious bronchitis virus in cell culture. - PubMed - NCBI
Avian Pathol. 2007 Apr;36(2):109-14.
Lithium chloride inhibits the coronavirus infectious bronchitis virus in cell culture.
Harrison SM1, Tarpey I, Rothwell L, Kaiser P, Hiscox JA.
Author information

Abstract

The avian coronavirus infectious bronchitis virus (IBV) is a major economic pathogen of domestic poultry that, despite vaccination, causes mortality and significant losses in production. During replication of the RNA genome there is a high frequency of mutation and recombination, which has given rise to many strains of IBV and results in the potential for new and emerging strains. Currently the live-attenuated vaccine gives poor cross-strain immunity. Effective antiviral agents may therefore be advantageous in the treatment of IBV. Lithium chloride (LiCl) is a potent inhibitor of the DNA virus herpes simplex virus but not RNA viruses. The effect of LiCl on the replication of IBV was examined in cell culture using two model cell types; Vero cells, an African Green monkey kidney-derived epithelial cell line; and DF-1 cells, an immortalized chicken embryo fibroblast cell line. When treated with a range of LiCl concentrations, IBV RNA and protein levels and viral progeny production were reduced in a dose-dependent manner in both cell types, and the data indicated that inhibition was a cellular rather than a virucidal effect. Host cell protein synthesis still took place in LiCl-treated cells and the level of a standard cellular housekeeping protein remained unchanged, indicating that the effect of LiCl was specifically against IBV.

More links
https://chrismasterjohnphd.com/the-covi ... 19-updates

Coronavirus Protection | British Society for Ecological Medicine

https://www.sott.net/article/431453-How … oronavirus

[A trial of povidone-iodine (PVP-I) nasal inhalation and gargling to remove potentially pathogenic bacteria colonized in the pharynx]. - PubMed - NCBI

SOMO

Regarding aerosolized/nebulzied medical compounds...people often talk about pollution and toxins in the air, but few talk about the beneficial compounds in regular air.

As far as using povidone-Iodine in inhalable form, I wonder if regular iodine would work the same. On a similar note, I read an article a while back how the air and ocean-spray near the ocean has both Iodine ions and DMSO in it.

Besides getting more sun, the beneficial compounds in ocean-spray/ocean-air can explain why people often feel more relaxed and healthier after going to the beach.

How can you say the test is "well known" when it's still essentially a brand new test?
It has been tested. But I forget which country were talking about, they all have slightly different tests , with different levels of accuracy. Still I don't think any of them are better than 70 percent except for the chinese one that involves getting a swab directly from the lung, which is very invasive, but reaches 95 percent sensitivity.

Also, in your own words, what is the Covid test and how does it work?
Most of the covid tests are pcr rather than antibody tests. They swab your nasopharynx to try and get pieces of rna directly from the virus and then do pcr. I don't know the details of how pcr works but it is a pretty standard tes . Even when run perfectly this apparently misses 30 percent of cases bc it's not sensitive enough to small amounts of rna. So they are working on a more sensitive pcr test and also antibody tests
why, in your own words, does it have so many false-negatives? Maybe it's just a shitty, inaccurate test
I think that all tests developed rapidly for an emergent virus might be imperfect at first. The US one seems better than the chinese one but with still a low sensitivity. At the very least it's not both low sensitivity and low specificity so you know in which direction it will fail (false negatives rather than false positives) . So if you got a positive from the test you can pretty much count on it being accurate, whereas if u got a negative you cant.

Regarding aerosolized/nebulzied medical compounds...people often talk about pollution and toxins in the air, but few talk about the beneficial compounds in regular air.
I do. I mean I don't know the science of it , but I have speculated that beyond vocs, there may be beneficial microorganisms and ions in air that feels particularly healing, its not just about the lack of mold or toxins for me, it feels like a presence of something.

I have been telling people for awhile that if you're really sick, good air matters more than nutrition or supplements. But peatarians don't believe it for the most part. Their loss.

It didn't heal my damaged ligaments, but good air reduced my brain inflammation enough to bring me from totally bedridden with episodic paralysis in which I couldn't even speak to walking a quarter of a mile regularly, talking and reading a lot, etc

Which may not seem like much. But it's a huge relative improvement in function and also very reproduce able

Agreed

RealNeat

The problem with this forum - just like all kinds of echo chambers online - is that it’s the land of contrarian introverted thinking, meaning that anything that’s external to one’s bias is totally dismissed as irrelevant and made up “don’t trust no health authorities cuz they’ve failed in the past do your own research”... the worst angle was when someone here was outright denying it and saying “so do you know someone who has it?”

look, when tons of people, healthy or not, go through decades just fine then there’s obviously an issue with this virus if they die this one year when the virus is floating around. It’s not rocket science. It’s pretty much grade 4 logic. One of my best friends’ grandma is hospitalized and has tested positive at a large hospital. Has every symptom of severely compromised lung function.

This forum:
“Did she really test positive?”
“You’re sure it’s not a bad pneumonia?”
“You’re sure it’s not bad luck?”
“But she’s old and unhealthy!!”
“Treatment is wrong they’re doing emergency medicine wrong!”

I’ll go ahead and say the last point is problematic - hospital staff drops food while she’s wearing a mask and can’t breathe by herself, they’re not even doing IVs. So that’s stupid and they most definitely die from starvation. Still: the virus was a catalyst. Get a grip guys. When it happens to people you know personally, you reassess your conspiracy theories? That’s how it works? It’s sad to be that self centered.
NO, dissection must be done to figure out whats actually going on as the virus has all sorts of issues with its rhetoric. If you don't like it than don't be on a forum where people discuss stuff.

The problem with this forum - just like all kinds of echo chambers online - is that it’s the land of contrarian introverted thinking, meaning that anything that’s external to one’s bias is totally dismissed as irrelevant and made up “don’t trust no health authorities cuz they’ve failed in the past do your own research”... the worst angle was when someone here was outright denying it and saying “so do you know someone who has it?”

look, when tons of people, healthy or not, go through decades just fine then there’s obviously an issue with this virus if they die this one year when the virus is floating around. It’s not rocket science. It’s pretty much grade 4 logic. One of my best friends’ grandma is hospitalized and has tested positive at a large hospital. Has every symptom of severely compromised lung function.

This forum:
“Did she really test positive?”
“You’re sure it’s not a bad pneumonia?”
“You’re sure it’s not bad luck?”
“But she’s old and unhealthy!!”
“Treatment is wrong they’re doing emergency medicine wrong!”

I’ll go ahead and say the last point is problematic - hospital staff drops food while she’s wearing a mask and can’t breathe by herself, they’re not even doing IVs. So that’s stupid and they most definitely die from starvation. Still: the virus was a catalyst. Get a grip guys. When it happens to people you know personally, you reassess your conspiracy theories? That’s how it works? It’s sad to be that self centered.
I agree

Whichway?

No they don't...each year there's a graduating class of medical students and residents.

Class of 2018, class of 2019, class of 2020, etc. etc.

No kidding. But those people don't have experience, for which there is no substitute. I know, as I help train them at Uni. If you want to see a doctor or nurse and place your life in their hands when they are fresh out of med school, then you are a braver person than me!

The doctors and nurses working in ICU would be some of the most experienced.

Whichway?

The flu still kills people though what's your point? Do you not care About the people who die from flu?

What's your point? You don't want us locked down? Is that it?

The seasonal flu does not create a medical emergency where the medical system itself becomes overwhelmed by people requiring serious medical care.

Jing

What's your point? You don't want us locked down? Is that it?

The seasonal flu does not create a medical emergency where the medical system itself becomes overwhelmed by people requiring serious medical care.
No I don't want a lockdown, who wants to be locked inside ? It's one rule for them one rule for us, I am sceptical the lockdown is even to do with stopping the spread of the virus , we can only go out for one hour a day and to get essential stuff on your own or with the people you live with, I can't meet up with friends but the police can walk around in big groups? And stop people and fine them why are the police allowed to come close to people but I can't be close to someone? Are the police immune ? Can they not spread the virus? This shows me it's about control ..

The flu stills kills people if you want lockdown now you should always want lockdown to prevent deaths .. but the only reason people who want lockdown haven't said they want lockdown before is because the government never talked about it they just follow anything the government says to do.

cedric

Negative air ionization inhibits pathogen spreading.
The easiest way (DIY) of generating negative ions is puting wet , iodine soaked, gronded (earthing delivers negative ions) a piece of linen before the fan.
Iodine is a good carrier od negative ions like on the coastal areas.
Earthing of plants (ferns) is also a good idea.

Negative Air Ions and Their Effects on Human Health and Air Quality Improvement

Int J Mol Sci. 2018 Oct; 19(10): 2966.
Published online 2018 Sep 28. doi: 10.3390/ijms19102966
PMCID: PMC6213340
PMID: 30274196
Negative Air Ions and Their Effects on Human Health and Air Quality Improvement
Shu-Ye Jiang, Ali Ma, and Srinivasan Ramachandran*
Author information Article notes Copyright and License information Disclaimer

Abstract

Negative air ions (NAIs) have been discovered for more than 100 years and are widely used for air cleaning. Here, we have carried out a comprehensive reviewing on the effects of NAIs on humans/animals, and microorganisms, and plant development. The presence of NAIs is credited for increasing psychological health, productivity, and overall well-being but without consistent or reliable evidence in therapeutic effects and with controversy in anti-microorganisms. Reports also showed that NAIs could help people in relieving symptoms of allergies to dust, mold spores, and other allergens. Particulate matter (PM) is a major air pollutant that affects human health. Experimental data showed that NAIs could be used to high-efficiently remove PM. Finally, we have reviewed the plant-based NAI release system under the pulsed electric field (PEF) stimulation. This is a new NAI generation system which releases a huge amount of NAIs under the PEF treatment. The system may be used to freshen indoor air and reduce PM concentration in addition to enriching oxygen content and indoor decoration at home, school, hospital, airport, and other indoor areas.

Whichway?

No I don't want a lockdown, who wants to be locked inside ? It's one rule for them one rule for us, I am sceptical the lockdown is even to do with stopping the spread of the virus , we can only go out for one hour a day and to get essential stuff on your own or with the people you live with, I can't meet up with friends but the police can walk around in big groups? And stop people and fine them why are the police allowed to come close to people but I can't be close to someone? Are the police immune ? Can they not spread the virus? This shows me it's about control ..

The flu stills kills people if you want lockdown now you should always want lockdown to prevent deaths .. but the only reason people who want lockdown haven't said they want lockdown before is because the government never talked about it they just follow anything the government says to do.

I mentioned this in another thread. A lot of people on this forum seem to think only in black or white, whereas life is grey. Just because there is lockdown for this virus, doesn't mean there has to be lock down for all. It is situational. It will pass. Life will change, of that you can be sure.

THIS IS NOT THE FLU. How many times do people have to say it on this forum and present case evidence about it affecting (relatively) healthy people, and presenting an entirely different clinical picture to the flu before people will get it.

The fact that police can walk round and you can't is too prevent law and order issues as society and spaces empty off while people are staying at home, and secondly because you need ~80% of the population to stay home and practice social distancing to prevent the spread of the virus. That leaves the 20% that are doing essential jobs that cannot afford to shut down, but will not provide that critical mass of people wandering around and interacting with each other that would allow the virus to spread.

Jing

I mentioned this in another thread. A lot of people on this forum seem to think only in black or white, whereas life is grey. Just because there is lockdown for this virus, doesn't mean there has to be lock down for all. It is situational. It will pass. Life will change, of that you can be sure.

THIS IS NOT THE FLU. How many times do people have to say it on this forum and present case evidence about it affecting (relatively) healthy people, and presenting an entirely different clinical picture to the flu before people will get it.

The fact that police can walk round and you can't is too prevent law and order issues as society and spaces empty off while people are staying at home, and secondly because you need ~80% of the population to stay home and practice social distancing to prevent the spread of the virus. That leaves the 20% that are doing essential jobs that cannot afford to shut down, but will not provide that critical mass of people wandering around and interacting with each other that would allow the virus to spread.
People still die of the flu which could be prevented if we just all stayed in lockdown though? Do you not care about these people who die??

The police are still human stay can spread the virus by stopping and fining people stay are potentially killing people , if you are walking down the street on your own and are stopped by 4 police officers they could spread it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals