Why DHT doesn’t cause hair loss - My response to Kevin Mann

Hans

Forum Supporter
Kevin Mann attacked me in one of his vids a while ago, saying that DHT is a trash hormone and that I don't know what I'm talking about. He clearly believes that DHT is harmful and that finasteride is awesome, despite a ton of scientific papers and anecdotes showing that DHT is very much needed and that finasteride has nasty side effects.

It's a bit overdue, but I wrote an article showing the research that DHT isn't causing hair loss and that it can even promote hair regrowth.

equipoise

I applied DHT couple of times on my receding hairline?, it works great for texture. My hair is up to my shoulders. Also mental effects are more prominent when applied on scalp

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I applied DHT couple of times on my receding hairline?, it works great for texture. My hair is up to my shoulders. Also mental effects are more prominent when applied on scalp
Very interesting.
What did you dissolve it in?

ddjd

I've used DHT for years. Definitely doesn't worsen mpb, if anything helps protect.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I've used DHT for years. Definitely doesn't worsen mpb, if anything helps protect.
Well in line with the research. :)
How much did you use?

Rick K

Kevin Mann attacked me in one of his vids a while ago, saying that DHT is a trash hormone and that I don't know what I'm talking about. He clearly believes that DHT is harmful and that finasteride is awesome, despite a ton of scientific papers and anecdotes showing that DHT is very much needed and that finasteride has nasty side effects.

It's a bit overdue, but I wrote an article showing the research that DHT isn't causing hair loss and that it can even promote hair regrowth.

Just don't dignify this soyboi with any response, Hans. When people attack someone they show their true character. I love my T/DHT levels and still howl at the moon and occasionally rip the sink off the wall in a public bathroom and am 60 yrs old.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Just don't dignify this soyboi with any response, Hans. When people attack someone they show their true character. I love my T/DHT levels and still howl at the moon and occasionally rip the sink off the wall in a public bathroom and am 60 yrs old.
Haha, nice. Well actually this article wasn't really intended as a response, but I thought it could serve as one after I posted it, in case any of his followers would like to share it with him so that he could actually look at the research. It's more for his followers in general so that they can see the evidence, since he's obviously turning a blind eye on it.

tallglass13

I will also put my experience in the pot. I have been using DHT very low doses of course topically, mostly on Penis and neck. No obvious hair changes. If anything , strengthens.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I will also put my experience in the pot. I have been using DHT very low doses of course topically, mostly on Penis and neck. No obvious hair changes. If anything , strengthens.
Good feedback so far.
It's interesting that the study showing that DHT in low dose can cause regrowth, but in large amounts, it can promote hair loss. Yet when they gave men very large doses, like 75mg daily, none experienced hair loss. I wonder what the DHT dose should be then to actually promote hair loss.

If it's true that DHT is an autocrine hormone, then any kind of topical or oral supplementation of DHT would have marginal effect on hair loss. It is likely only the DHT produced in the actual hair follicle that matters.

Bayer's efforts on suppressing Prolactin would seem to suggest that that is the actual cause of miniaturization, with androgens being only a 'sensitizer' at best.

Mister

If it's true that DHT is an autocrine hormone, then any kind of topical or oral supplementation of DHT would have marginal effect on hair loss. It is likely only the DHT produced in the actual hair follicle that matters.

Bayer's efforts on suppressing Prolactin would seem to suggest that that is the actual cause of miniaturization, with androgens being only a 'sensitizer' at best.
Yup, more and more evidence of prolactin being the real cause of hairloss.

PurpleHeart

I don't even understand why DHT got the spotlight in the first place, there is zero evidence about it, inhibiting a cornerstone enzyme that consequently alters a vast metabolic pathway doesn't prove anything about DHT specifically, furthermore all finasteride does is make the few whisky hairs on your head a little thicker, that's far from a cure.

We literally have more evidence of low total testosterone and low SHBG being implicated in MPB than DHT.

There are studies where testosterone administration actually lowered DHT in men with high DHT levels, indicating that high DHT/T ratio could just be the body trying to compensate for low testosterone.

Also people forget than many women suffer from MPB while having borderline zero DHT.

A friend of mine started fin then moved to dutasteride because fin was not giving him strong results and even on dutasteride his hair just remained pretty much the same, no further hair loss but no regrowth either, I have to admin he seems fine though he still has sex with his girl and lives his life normally so I don't know what to make of it.

Jerkboy

I have taken heavy cycles of Proviron only for 6 weeks. No hairloss. Also taken AndroHard which converts to DHT. No hairloss.

I did this while dealing with PFS. Nonetheless no hair change and good improvements in baselines back then.

I did talk to some other guys taking it and some of them had hairloss. So different cases for different people.

Back
Top Bottom