Why Couldn't I Raise Blood Sugar?

raypeatclips

Earlier today around 3.5 hours after eating I got low blood sugar symptoms. Sweaty, panicking, shaking, heart rate going up. I tested my blood sugar and it came out at 5.3 (111) I had a meal of small glass of coke, small glass of grape juice, small glass of milk, with salt and around 100g meat with ice cream. The shakiness stopped.

Around 30 minutes later I began to feel slightly unwell again, I tested my blood sugar again and it had only risen to 5.5 (118) does anyone know what this indicates? Thank you

tankasnowgod

Earlier today around 3.5 hours after eating I got low blood sugar symptoms. Sweaty, panicking, shaking, heart rate going up. I tested my blood sugar and it came out at 5.3 (111) I had a meal of small glass of coke, small glass of grape juice, small glass of milk, with salt and around 100g meat with ice cream. The shakiness stopped.

Around 30 minutes later I began to feel slightly unwell again, I tested my blood sugar again and it had only risen to 5.5 (118) does anyone know what this indicates? Thank you

Those levels don't seem low. Isn't fasting blood sugar usually around 70-90? Which is down in the mid 4s?

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

Those levels don't seem low. Isn't fasting blood sugar usually around 70-90? Which is down in the mid 4s?

Yeah my blood sugar isn't low but I get negative symptoms but just trying to work out what it is.

Sounds more likely to be a panic attack or an allergic reaction than a blood sugar issue, assuming you were still hungry when you stopped eating.

Yeah I ate again when I took the blood sugar reading of 5.5 which has raised it. I think you may be right.

I'll just say one thing: milk. You can try other dairy, but...

What about milk?

Djukami

What about milk?
If you don't digest it well it may be hard for you intestines.

I've always had those symptoms when I was young, this is, when I used to drink tons of milk. Sometimes I would even faint.
I've been trying milk again a couple of days ago and, and guess what, I was almost fainting. I also crave eating a lot because of hypoglycemia effects - sweating, trembling - but I think it is because milk is really strong in your organism. Not saying that is bad, attention. It might also stimulates tons of insulin, hence the hypoglycemia effects...?

I think the fainting can be explained because my all my blood is concentrated in the intestines, because, again, milk is really hard on your digestive system. I have POTS, and it really intensifies a lot after drinking milk. Also, I was traveling by bus (the days I was still drinking milk), and I noticed that a I was getting nauseated really easy, which wasn't happening before and which happened a lot when I was young (sometimes to the point I would throw up).
Actually, it is a common thing to say to children to not drink milk before a big travel.

Also, I think bacteria might also causing some irritation since they might be pretty happy digesting those undigested proteins.

Another thing is, I bet you're a drinking milk like drinking water. I think this is a huge mistake. I mean, look how babies "drink" milk: they suck it up and drink it very slowly. If you drink it too fast, it just passes through your stomach mostly undigested.