Why Corporations Want You To Shut Up And Meditate

Lejeboca

When kids are subjected to teletubby and Sesame Street programming these days, when their minds are most open to suggestion, aren't the corporations behind Teletubbies and Sesam Street (in its current form) doing the hypnosis in an overt way. Perhaps this doesn't answer your question (non-overt), or perhaps it does.

Indeed, TV as a means of mass hypnosis. Agreed.

I think corporations cannot resort to an overt hypnosis as opposed to "meditation" because hypnosis is considered a medical treatment contrary to meditation (e.g., corporation cannot advertise and conduct hypnosis en masse as opposed to meditation).
Likely, under the guise of meditation/relaxation a mind control op is performed. At least what I've seen how "meditation gurus" conduct these sessions on-sight at workplaces (e.g., "mindfulness") is far from meditation (types) as done in Buddhism.

lvysaur

Lol I don't even understand if it's a joke or some serious delusion
The only delusion here is yours. Who do you think generates more trash? People who struggle to afford food, or wealthy luxurious states where I can afford a meal fit for a king on only an hour's salary?

I'm not chastising people for being rich, I myself live in a first world country. Being rich is good. What I'm chastising is the blatant denial of reality by people like you.

MatheusPN

newsflash, communism doesn't work. Period.
Untrue, are you unfamiliar with the communist/ anarchists that prevails since near the 19 century, and they and the people there are billionaires today?
Typically people unknown even the principles of their enemy/ opposition, the state, the monopolies, the oligopolies, the elite, the communists, or the capitalists?

Last edited:

Energizer

"GM: How do you think we can move closer towards governments like the one you’ve just described?

RP: The wars for empire are now the leading business of government, and if the economic nationalists can stop them that will be a big step in the right direction. The village of Marinaleda in Spain shows that municipal police can be eliminated, Public service through civil disobedience, such as Alexandra Elbakyan’s Sci-Hub, might gradually break down the monopolies that have been created by the government for the corporations. The mystiques of schooling, medicine, and legal services are part of the system of control and exploitation that can be painlessly dissolved. The monopoly of the broadcast frequencies that’s maintained by the FCC should be broken as soon as possible, while preventing monopoly manipulation of the internet. The advertising industry powerfully shapes the culture, and this effect would be weakened without the broadcast monopolies. Assigning some broadcast channels for political campaigns would greatly reduce the cost of political campaigns, and the associated influence of money on policy. Repealing the law prohibiting strikes for political purposes would help to balance the power of money in politics..." (My bold)

On culture, government, and social class

The Story of Marinaleda, the Communist Village Against the World

Last edited:

Yggr

Untrue, are you unfamiliar with the communist/ anarchists that prevails since near the 19 century, and they and the people there are billionaires today?
Typically people unknown even the principles of their enemy/ opposition, the state, the monopolies, the oligopolies, the elite, the communists, or the capitalists?
I don't think it is intellectually honest to conflate communism with anarchism.

I am unaware of those people or states you mention that are billionaires today. Please can you tell me who they are?

Yggr

For sure, but when the system gives the masses no hope for a meaningful future, what is there for them to lose by adopting a failed system?

For all intents, this system has already failed them. At the very least, they get the satisfaction of seeing everyone else commiserating with them as all pass through the abyss.

All institutions have been corrupted. None have any moral authority. Fact-checkers lie, facts and views are censored. Good intentions are twisted, good people maligned, only miscreants lacking of leadership qualities get to lead, good people silenced and jailed. When choice is between a rotten piece of banana and a spoiled piece of egg, who cares if there's another day to look forward to?

This feeling is the stench of decay in civilization. No uprising because there's no real leadership. No leadership because it's hopeless to fight the system. The system can co-opt any movement. The system can annihilate any threat.

And the system is not human. It is an entity with an evil mission. It is incorporated and kept alive by humans bereft of a soul and a conscience, and continually fed by a revolving cast of characters through time, each time more empowered by technology. As technology becomes more advanced and intelligent, the more humans become marginalized, and the more humans become expendable. There could soon be no need to fight for the unborn to have a life, as there ceases to be a reason for being except for the few that become mere tools for the corporation. And these aren't the fortunate ones.

For humans to have a reason for being, corporations have to be torn down.
I agree with your SENTIMENT but is it not madness to jump from one dying horse onto one that died a long time ago? And whats worse is that people are trying to resuurect even though it has spoiled everything it has touched whilst it was alive.

yerrag

I agree with your SENTIMENT but is it not madness to jump from one dying horse onto one that died a long time ago? And whats worse is that people are trying to resuurect even though it has spoiled everything it has touched whilst it was alive.

There is no alternative. The failure in the present system gives going to the past some hope, even when it is known to fail. It is not madness at all. It is very rational but it is an exercise in futility.

MatheusPN

I don't think it is intellectually honest to conflate communism with anarchism.

I am unaware of those people or states you mention that are billionaires today. Please can you tell me who they are?
I did conflate communism with anarchism? If so you're interpreting me incorrectly! I said communist or anarchist

They are the Kibbutz communities, comprise different communities some are wealthy.
Every form of anarchism is a form of communism, the yellow anarco-kraterocrats are anti-anarchist. Council Communism is/ is very compatible to Anarchism.

I will stop here to not hijack, we can continue that conversation in another thread