Why Carrot Salad Between Meals?

EndAllDisease

Quick question about carrot salad.
I've heard Ray say that it's best to eat it BETWEEN meals, as opposed to with it I'm assuming.

Why is this?
And will consuming the carrot salad (raw carrot, coconut oil, vinegar) still have a positive effect if eaten with a meal?

Ray's also mentioned eating it with a meal. Can't find it right now but I'm sure of that. Just a casual mention. I think there is a perceived mechanical and chemical mechanism with the carrot salad as it winds its way through your narrow intestines, and having food mixing it up too soon may lower that effect. I had really bad indigestion when I took the carrot salad and ate psyllium fiber, that's for sure.

OP
EndAllDisease

EndAllDisease

So basically it could potentially slow digestion and also, the mixing of the salad ingredients with other food would dilute the potency of the antibacterial effect.
Makes a lot of sense, thank you.

zooma

Actually, I thought Ray's reasoning was the carrot would inhibit absorption of some of the nutrients in your meal. I'm not sure of the mechanism though.

L

Lord Cola

I've never heard Peat mention whether eating fiber with meals would reduce its intended effect of cleaning and disinfecting the intestines, but wouldn't eating it with meals meaningfully reduce its binding and disinfecting effect? Instead of binding unwanted things left in the intestines, much of the fiber would be binding nutrients from food. More of the saturated fat and vinegar on the fiber would be digested, when you want them released gradually throughout the digestive process.

He talked about carrots not working for him anymore, and I don't know if he figured out how to make them work again, but could it be that eating carrots or other fibrous foods with meals contributed to them not working for him?

What are the potential benefits to eating fiber with meals, instead of away from them, other than convenience?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals