Why Aren't You Telling Us What Works Over The Long Run

So many of us get excited about a supplement or nutritional tweak, talk about it, and then the initial flush of enthusiasm wanes. We discover downsides.

Or maybe the supplement or tweak makes things worse over time.

Or maybe it's really because something ELSE we were doing at the same time was responsible for the good result.

I've read SO SO SO many accounts of "this is wonderful" and then nothing...

...I've written some of these myself.

So I am asking you, what tweak over the long run has worked for you that you are positive about?

I would say over a year of use would probably help the most.

So far, the only thing I can be positive about 100% over the long run is red light.

michael94

dealing with guilt from the past

treating dog well : )

holding breath

bronkaid ( but made me feel much worse if abused )

Goat-e

Taking my full NDT dose just before going to bed - makes me sleep well and gets me thought the next day. Taking exactly the same dose in the morning just doesn't work for me (and I tried for a long time before switching to night dose).

Arnold Grape

I can speculate over reasoning for this, but it won't matter. A lot of times for me personally, I notice there is some type of honeymoon period when taking something which then dissipates or arcane side effects show up. Many times it takes weeks or months to realize the full effect of these things. Over longer periods, Vitamin C appears possibly most substantial, coupled with B-vitamins and fat soluble type things which everyone cites here. I also think Progesterone is probably the most impactful thing that people talk about here in terms of mood and appearance, but as a male it has obvious consequences over longer durations.

nbznj

tanning for vitamin D

pint of freshly squeezed fruits/oj, and pint of the best quality whole milk you can find (current choice Organic Meadow 3.8%), every day

MCT oil and simple sugars for metabolism. Rice as a cheap alternative.

lifting weights, understanding that past the beginner stage intensity has to be much lower than what people think > no overtraining > sustained progress

Testosterone replacement therapy with HCG keeping estradiol low. I can't see how we can keep estrogens low and testosterone high naturally. If you have a list of potent natural aromatase inhibitors that actually work in the long run I'll re-consider my whole lifestyle ha. I have to admit I hadn't heard of progesterone before choosing the TRT route

less supplements, more work on managing stress, pitch black room at night, sex with healthy partners, deleting social media, giving less *****.

SQu

All these keep working for me and if I run out I go backwards

Progesterone *
Pregnenolone *
B1
Magnesium *
T3 *
Aspirin
Theanine *
Clonidine
Cypro heptadine

Of these the most markedly helpful are the ones with stars

Pregnenolone started with euphoria followed by headaches, but I suspected it would be worth revisiting, a few times if need be, and it was

Red light therapy, and sleeping very warm (as part of Steve Richfield protocol).

Over 5 years of trying to fix myself, this is the only thing I found that fixes ~70% of my problems - the main issue is that the fixes are temporary (the effects wear off when you stop doing them). I am looking for a permanent fix.

As for food and supplements, food makes very little difference I might as well eat anything. And supplements, either they work for 2-3 days after which point the placebo wears off, or they backfire horribly in the long run. The only thing I take is magnesium chloride anymore. And even from that, I don't feel much, just intuitively I get a feeling that it's a "good thing" to take it... Meh, whatever.

Tarmander

This question must be framed by what the person is individually aiming for. What are their morals and values, and what confirms they are drawing closer to that, or farther away. People's aim is vastly different. Most people want their health back so they can get back on the pleasure train that drained them in the first place.

cyclops

So far, the only thing I can be positive about 100% over the long run is red light.

What does red light consistently do for you? Also how long do you use it for? I ask because I do it everyday but I don't really know if Im getting anything from it.

AJA

Thank you for this thread idea. :):

Ginkgo biloba has been great (for me). I take 2 capsules upon awakening with 3 grams of Vitamin C before a workout. It gets the blood flowing and wakes me up. I follow it up with 1 capsule at breakfast and 1 with lunch - 240mg total.

L-theanine - I take 300mg about 1.5 hours after breakfast.

Last edited:
OP
ecstatichamster
so here is my list as I've read yours.

1. breathing. Reduced breathing, pauses, just a revolution in my health. It's been many years now.

2. red light as I said.

3. sex without orgasm, lots of sex, much sex, sex sex sex everywhere sex, it's AMAZING and been another revolution in my life. It's been a number of years now and this keeps improving when improvement doesn't seem possible.

There are some things on my list that may make it there 3 years from now:
riboflavin
K2 MK4
T3/T4
coffee
aspirin
collagen

Lecarpetron

Progesterone and Magnesium. Three glasses of milk each day. Walking outdoors for one hour per day, no excuses.

It turns out that I didn't need 9 million supps (but thank god for short term cypro/B3), just awareness of how far my daily existence had strayed from historically normal human behavior.

michael94

That is some crazy good stuff...but addictive...
A lot of the benefits come from the guaifenesin. If you're taking that brand of ephedrine, it has 400mg guai per pill... which is a lot for non-timed release. You can try and see if you get benefits from mucinex SE ( 1200 or 600mg ), which is ephedrine free and timed release. Guai is very interesting, worth researching.

edit: I came to this conclusion only recently but I've taken bronk-aid off/on since I was 19 without realizing what was really in it.

marsaday

Taking my full NDT dose just before going to bed - makes me sleep well and gets me thought the next day. Taking exactly the same dose in the morning just doesn't work for me (and I tried for a long time before switching to night dose).

I will second taking my thyroid meds at bedtime (T4 only). The effect is so much better than morning dosing. And the reason is to do with our natural cycle for production of thyroid hormone. It is naturally done in the first half of the night and this links in with better cortisol production in the second half.

The best supplement is progesterone (ProgestE). I use 2 drops per day and have been using it for 2 1/2 yrs with no adverse effects. It has truly been the missing link in my thyroid health.

Vit D has been very good to.

I have tried pansterone and androsterone and i cannot say they do anything.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals