Why Aren't You Telling Us What Works Over The Long Run

nbznj

I've been very tempted to talk about proviron only alongside a proper diet to some friends I have but even if I think that most of us would benefit from it I can't wrap my head around pushing for it. I'm not surprised it works tho.

As I said earlier in this thread I chose the TRT route, it's hard to resist DHT "supplements"... proviron dried me too much, joints especially and even at 25 mg/day. Some other drugs that end with -bol were incredible though, even at 10 mg/day. Side note - It's unreal how AAS users abuse the doses. Well they abuse everything from gross overtraining to extremely dumb diet ideas so no surprises here.

Stud

I've been very tempted to talk about proviron only alongside a proper diet to some friends I have but even if I think that most of us would benefit from it I can't wrap my head around pushing for it. I'm not surprised it works tho.

As I said earlier in this thread I chose the TRT route, it's hard to resist DHT "supplements"... proviron dried me too much, joints especially and even at 25 mg/day. Some other drugs that end with -bol were incredible though, even at 10 mg/day. Side note - It's unreal how AAS users abuse the doses. Well they abuse everything from gross overtraining to extremely dumb diet ideas so no surprises here.
yeah dht is ******* great miss it alot :( ah that's strange my joints were perf at 37,5 mg's.

aquaman

The things that have worked over the long run for me are a fruitarian diet, music and practicing letting go – letting go of...

– the need to be healed
– my sick person identity
– overcomplicating health
– the constant search for answers outside myself
– my perfectionistic mentality
– shame and fear
– self-imposed responsibilities
– my Doormatitis (chronic case of people pleasing)
– the lie that I'm disposable or only lovable if others love me
– one sided/unhealthy relationships
– what I thought I was supposed to want
– who I thought I was supposed to be
– the high wire act

INCREDIBLE post!! Thank you

alywest

1. BCAA - either from Potato Juice or powders. Fastest way to improve digestion by far.

Amino Acid Supplementation For People With Poor Digestion

Depleting Serotonin With BCAA

One of the few sups that can work for someone on a non-Peat diet.:cool:

2. Activated Charcoal - can't tell you how many times this has saved my digestion once it went south. Also curious about the supposed fat-loss effects when taken regularly with meals, but haven't tried it myself.

When you take activated charcoal do you just take it whenever you feel like digestion is poor, or do you wait a certain amount of time after taking other supplements or food? The reason I ask is because the container of the AC I bought says to not take at the same time as meds and at least 3 hours after/before eating. Which seems ridiculous, that would mean you'd have to wait 6 hours between meals.

alywest

What works for me:

as low PUFA as possible
High carb/sugar
Medium protein
Low fat
Lean meats
Cheese
Orange Juice
Cola
Rice
T4 and T3
Enough calories (3000+)
Enough exercise but not too much
No supplements (just thyroid)
No vitamin D
Testosterone 125mg per week

=health and looks transformed, people I haven't seen in years no longer recognise me.

Getting the PUFAs out has had such a major impact, I feel like a new person just from this :) Feel very grateful I ended up at Ray Peat after years of misery.
Why no vitamin D? *Sorry just saw someone else asked the same question

alywest

proviron made my Jewels only 10% smaller on 37,5 mgs on 25mg's they get bigger by lowering E. Liver support is def. mandatory but taurine should probably do the job too.

Is taurine all you used to improve liver function?

theLaw

When you take activated charcoal do you just take it whenever you feel like digestion is poor, or do you wait a certain amount of time after taking other supplements or food? The reason I ask is because the container of the AC I bought says to not take at the same time as meds and at least 3 hours after/before eating. Which seems ridiculous, that would mean you'd have to wait 6 hours between meals.

Personally, I take it between meals (an hour after or before) or before bed.

I think the frequency is less important than why you use it. If you're constantly having major digestive issues, then ac is just a band-aid, but if you use it for general gut-sterilization, then once a week should be fine.

Probably a good philosophy is to eat easily-digestible foods so that you don't need ac or need it less frequently.:D

alywest

Personally, I take it between meals (an hour after or before) or before bed.

I think the frequency is less important than why you use it. If you're constantly having major digestive issues, then ac is just a band-aid, but if you use it for general gut-sterilization, then once a week should be fine.

Probably a good philosophy is to eat easily-digestible foods so that you don't need ac or need it less frequently.:D

Awesome, thanks! :cool:

managing

"on an empty stomach" should mean 2 hrs after or 30-45 min before a meal if your digestive tract is on Peat-like trajectory.

alywest

"on an empty stomach" should mean 2 hrs after or 30-45 min before a meal if your digestive tract is on Peat-like trajectory.
Ok what about thyroid supplements, as I take them orally because they don't work for me otherwise.

Stud

What were you biggest, drastic changes?
everything got bigger 78kg to 91kg's, big wide head (not 100% permanent it looks like), most drastic was actually mental state for sure. big gaba and adrenaline increase, got really dry too.

managing

Ok what about thyroid supplements, as I take them orally because they don't work for me otherwise.
I always took t3 with food (cynomel). I now use Tyromix. Also with food, but topically. And with my evening meal i took cynoplus. And that never bothered me nor seemed to diminish. My mom takes T4 only, at bedtime on an empty stomach. But she works with the 2/30 rule.

Pointless

Niacinamide
Caffeine 800 mg/day but going higher now
Fat solubles are indispensable but have side effects
Cyproheptadine is amazing because it controls my ibd I can almost cry sometimes I'm so thankful to have it.
Liver, canned fruit (easier for me to digest), milk

Very helpful thread btw. Thanks.

DaveFoster

Intelligence works in the long-run.

It's important to keep records with emphasis on reference tables and historical trends.

The ultimate indicator of your health would be your mood. Positive well-being associates with longevity.

Stay the course, and respond to changes with strategy. A raging pulse does not mean too much thyroid, but it can. Antidepressants treat depression, and then patients stop taking their medication, and they become depressed again. "Why am I depressed?" Because you're foolish, so learn.

nbznj

everything got bigger 78kg to 91kg's, big wide head (not 100% permanent it looks like), most drastic was actually mental state for sure. big gaba and adrenaline increase, got really dry too.

I've quoted you before but the more I think of it the more I find proviron great for anyone (anyone interested in fixing hormones, that is). That was proviron only, 25mg for 4 months, no other steroids at all? Have you got any LH/FSH bloods done during-after that time period? You stopped cold turkey and stayed in a better condition that prior to use?

managing

It may be worth stating your gender in this thread, assuming it isn't pretty obvious from your name or avatar.

Stud

I've quoted you before but the more I think of it the more I find proviron great for anyone (anyone interested in fixing hormones, that is). That was proviron only, 25mg for 4 months, no other steroids at all? Have you got any LH/FSH bloods done during-after that time period? You stopped cold turkey and stayed in a better condition that prior to use?
yep my Jewels are even bigger than before. however not everything was 100% permanent like muscle mass( still kept suprisingly much)