Why Aren't You Telling Us What Works Over The Long Run

Cirion

I will have to watch those videos later. I probably don't know as much about all this as you guys so I try to keep an open mind. I am curious though. What is your take on phosphorus then. One of RP's governing philosophies is maximizing the calcium:phosphorus ratio, with up to 2:1 being ideal (also, the same ratio that old school body builders used to shoot for with good results).

Trying to combine both pieces of information, would you then say the idea would be to have a 2:1 ratio, but while trying not to go too overboard on the overall intake of either calcium or phosphorus?

Taking calcium as a supplement is probably not really needed, I can get on board with that. It's super easy to get calcium from foods.

I'm actually drinking calcium & vitamin D fortified OJ now, because I'm not having as much dairy these days due to the tryptophan content.

SOMO

I will have to watch those videos later. I probably don't know as much about all this as you guys so I try to keep an open mind. I am curious though. What is your take on phosphorus then. One of RP's governing philosophies is maximizing the calcium:phosphorus ratio, with up to 2:1 being ideal (also, the same ratio that old school body builders used to shoot for with good results).

Trying to combine both pieces of information, would you then say the idea would be to have a 2:1 ratio, but while trying not to go too overboard on the overall intake of either calcium or phosphorus?
t.

Bone Meal (cow bones) is 80:20 ratio of Calcium:Phosphorus.

I'm not sure how much the ratio is gonna differ in mammalian bones, but 80:20 would be 4:1 ratio instead of 2:1.

The link you provided is really interesting and I spent hours reading. It may seem as a lot of studies contradicts my assertions but that is not the case, all depends on what you consider and your point of view. Let me try to explain, and give some links that support my words.

I give at the end of this message a link to a lecture by Dr Tom Levy about calcium which I encourage everyone to look at. Understanding why there is no such thing as calcium deficiency, that we don't need to reach the insane "recommended daily value intake", and that we need above all to ELIMINATE the cristallized calcium we have on our bodies (and that is not easy), is crucial for each health condition.

What I am fundamentally interested in, is the proportion of non-cristallized substance to cristallized substance. For bones as for any other tissue, cristallization increases during lifetime and that IS a component of aging we all have to cope with, it is not possible to stop it, only slow it down and maintaining cristallization at a level life is still enjoyable.

Therefore slowing down aging process, or maintaining it at a low and enjoyable level, make us NOT TO DESIRE cristallization and depots on the bones as well as for any other tissue. All studies make the mistake to consider calcium bone-deposit as desirable while it is NOT, in cristallized form. They don't consider that bone tissue can keep with benefits, its supple colloidal state longer, and that cristallisation/depots IS NOT what is desirable.

Child age faster than adults : the cristallization process is very high for them as the rate of calcium deposition is high. As the studies show, for the adults the cristallisation/depots slows a great deal. This is seen as a bad thing and potential cause of problems while it should be considered A GOOD ONE. If adults continued to have deposition of calcium with a high rate LIFE EXPECTANCY would not be a lot more than 30 or 40 years.

Calcium cristallization starts at the very beginning, during prenatal state, and life is like a game : in a way an embryo has already all the calcium it needs, but it WILL attract more, because of the feeding and contact with external world. Then the game it to loose the colloidal/aqueous substance as little as possible and CRISTALLIZE A THE LOWEST RATE as possible. Cristallization is unavoidable but should be kept MINIMAL. Thats is the life game, considering physical cristallization/aging.

Studies consider cristallization as desirable while it is the keeping of the colloidal (non cristallized state) THAT IS DESIRABLE. There is no need for increasing cristallization, or to have the rate of cristallization of young people back (they age faster). What we should try to keep from our young years, is the high poportion of colloidal substance.

When osteoporosis or similar problems occur, we hear that bones have a density problem and that there is a "lack" of calcium etc. But loss of density and lack of calcium are only relative, and what you say depends on the way you measure/what you consider. Because we are obsessed with caclium and the fear of a deficiency, these problems are not considered the right way. Osteoporosis should be seen globally as regard to calcium as a problem of inharmonious repartition, and not as a lack of cristallization. When you give too much work to a system or someone to be done, some tasks will not be fullfilled correctly. Osteoporosis comes from an EXCESS of calcium (which ended cristallized), and the cristallized parts of the bones are still TOO MUCH cristallized, they lack colloideous substance. Density of these parts are too high and not too low, because it is not the whole bone that should be considered, but the cristallized substance only, which lacks NON CRISTALLIZED aqueous substances to make the global bone more harmonious.

To heal osteoporosis, we should not give calcium at all, because health and curing involves many different substances and nutrients. We should care giving all minerals, vitamins etc.

A lot of studies claim calcium supplement is good against fractures etc. As Dr Levy points out in the lecure, these studies also used vitamin D supplementation, and the beneficial effects came from vitamin D and not calcium because, when calcium alone is used FRACTURES RATES ARE HIGHER. We can also see that when high dose of calcium is used as supplement, health worsen.

Calcium supplementation is one of the worst thing you can add to your diet, and I agree with Dr Levy as it should be considered toxic and absolutely non-desirable. It was not hazardous for me to make my 1) point as : avoid all inorganic/cristallized forms of calcium. For me it is absolutely essential for a healthy way of living to avoid it. We don't lack calcium, wa have far too much of it through our daily food to cope with in reality. My claim is the result of observation and thinking coming from 20 years of experience with patients. A lot of researchers are coming to similar conclusions nowadays, and we know that apoptosis, death comes from calcium and that this death process is similar to cristallization.

We should think in a more global way and also use common sense. Every part of the body is cristallizing. Teeth break or fall because of proportion of cristallized substance increasing, skin creases for the same reason, arteries stiffen and small vessels become completely cristallized and are lost, bone tissue loses its colloidal substance and keeps cristallizing, stomach, glands, eyes, brain cristallize, this cristallization coming mainly from calcium salts (mainly phosphates and carbonates) AND STILL...guess what...we hear we lack calcium !!! And that calcium should be used for bones or whatever. What a mistake and lack of global consideration !

According to my experience and what I see with collegues, bones problems like osteoporosis are not corrected with calcium, they become worse if calcium supplements are given. It is also very important to stop dairy products for people with osteoporosis. More clever would be to say that we lack magesium, rather than calcium. I always had the desired health results using silicium by the way on every difficult bone-related issue. I like to use supplements as little as possible with my patients, but in a few cases I do use some. As far as silicium is concerned, the best results are given with orthosilicic acid (Biosil). But first of all : stopping all dairy (exception may be butter) and avoiding water rich in minerals is essential.

I strongly believe destination of an ion, and its use by the body, is dependent on the molecules it comes from. To me, the body does not use calcium coming from a citrate for example, or from a protein-bind form, the same way it will use calcium coming from an inorganic form like phosphate or carbonate. Ions keep a memory of the different forms they were a part of. But as far as I know we don't have proof of that with studies published, if only in quantic experiments. My claim of calcium coming from dairy products or water not being "used" by the body, would appear incorrect since studies do show that this calcium is well assimilated, and that it "deposits" itself as well as any calcium coming from other sources. But this "depositing" is precisely what we want to avoid. I am convinced that calcium coming from carbonates and phosphates (and rich water) is preferentially used by the body for the cristallization, as it comes from cristallized forms. And thus veggie calcium is preferable.

The calcium which interests me more is the one not correlated with cristallization/"deposit" of calcium. The body uses calcium in other functions than the ones involved in cristallizing. Maybe the fact that calcium in vegetables is generally less "assimilated" compared to diary should be seen as a GOOD THING, because it acts then as a regulatory filter. This filter is missing with diary and with rich waters, and the fact that veggie-source of calcium is preferable, has to do probably with our relation to plant life. We cannot live on a purely mineral nor on a purely animal diet, there would be deficiencies. But it is possible to live on a purely plant diet. Human being has a relation with plants he does not have with minerals or animals.

Calcium excretion in the urine is often considered as problematic as soon as it raises, but we should first consider calcium excretion as crucial, as calcium accumulation (cristallization) is the cause of physical death and plays an essential role in EVERY PATHOLOGY.

In summary : to maintain health we want to keep colloidal substance (non cristallized) proportions as high as possible, and the appearance of cristallized substances (unavoidable) as low as possible, while receiving a correct amount of necessary nutrients via our food.

Very interesting lecture about death, calcium and studies :
Death by Calcium - Proof of the Toxic Effects of Dairy and Calcium Supplements
This lecture shows many studies and the reference number of them. So if you like studies...

Calcium excess gives among many other things insomnia. I found interesting the fact that Ray promotes dairy but admitted to have suffered a great deal from insomnia...Again this remark is not irrespectful to him because as I said I value his opinions a lot and find many of his thoughts very inspiring, while not agreeing on absolutely everything he says or promotes.

And a good summary by Markus Rothkranz :

Regards

Would you say there is truth to the idea that silica can be transmutated by the body in to the form of calcium that is healthy / not crystallizing for bones?

Richard Jehl

Would you say there is truth to the idea that silica can be transmutated by the body in to the form of calcium that is healthy / not crystallizing for bones?
I suppose you are reffering to what is called the "Kervran laws" in french. According to Kervran, silicium can transmutate into calcium. I find the explanations of Louis Kervran about transmutations coherent, and it is obvious to me that they probably occur not only in nature, but in our body as well. I read an article long ago about a study which conclusion was that they seem to occur in the human liver. I don't remember where I read this and if there was a really serious study about the subject. Anyway if such transmutations occur in our body, I have no idea about the way the body would use a calcium made out of silicium. The only thing I follow about calcium, is to strictly avoid purely mineral forms as carbonates and phosphates. Milk leads to problems if heated and has to be of good quality if anyone digest it and want to include it in a diet. But still there is the problem of the natural hormones which don't suit humans very well, and they are not destroyed by heat. In addition milk is very unbalanced as it comes to mineral proportions, it is far too rich in calcium.

Richard Jehl

Having tough properly calcified bones is a desirable thing, which is why it's worrying if babyzords are born with bones that are too soft or are underdeveloping.
Obviously there can be specific conditions or pathologies where bone developing or crystallization is not normal. But even in those cases, the problem is not a calcium-only issue. One common use of inorganic calcium I assume is tolerable is its use in dental issues (as hydroxyapatite or carbonate I believe), to replace previous material.

"Properly calcified" could be defined in many different ways.

Arrade

I suppose you are reffering to what is called the "Kervran laws" in french. According to Kervran, silicium can transmutate into calcium. I find the explanations of Louis Kervran about transmutations coherent, and it is obvious to me that they probably occur not only in nature, but in our body as well. I read an article long ago about a study which conclusion was that they seem to occur in the human liver. I don't remember where I read this and if there was a really serious study about the subject. Anyway if such transmutations occur in our body, I have no idea about the way the body would use a calcium made out of silicium. The only thing I follow about calcium, is to strictly avoid purely mineral forms as carbonates and phosphates. Milk leads to problems if heated and has to be of good quality if anyone digest it and want to include it in a diet. But still there is the problem of the natural hormones which don't suit humans very well, and they are not destroyed by heat. In addition milk is very unbalanced as it comes to mineral proportions, it is far too rich in calcium.
Damn. I drink a lot of milk

Arrade

Looks like I'll be supplementing with magnesium and vitamin K, I don't think I can sacrifice the muscle building benefits of milk

LukeL

The things that have worked over the long run for me are a fruitarian diet, music and practicing letting go – letting go of...

– the need to be healed
– my sick person identity
– overcomplicating health
– the constant search for answers outside myself
– my perfectionistic mentality
– shame and fear
– self-imposed responsibilities
– my Doormatitis (chronic case of people pleasing)
– the lie that I'm disposable or only lovable if others love me
– one sided/unhealthy relationships
– what I thought I was supposed to want
– who I thought I was supposed to be
– the high wire act
This is great

raypeatclips

Any source on milk causing problems when heated?

Also the unbalanced calcium issue seems mute because pretty much everything else people eat is the other way round, so end up with more phosphate than calcium anyway. Nobody (not many) use milk as a sole source of food

Zpol

Hey, thanks for saying i am always coming up with new ideas, i kind of thought i was boring everyone because I'm always posting about photobiomodulation and how beneficial it is to get orange/red light through ones eyes by bringing light photons (620 nm - 670nm wavelengths) through the optic nerve to stimulate hypothalamus, pituitary and cerebral functioning.:):

I have made enormous improvements in my health with photobiomodulation and nutrition, adding Molecular Hydrogen to my water has been really wonderful and taken my health to a new level, the first thing i experienced was an almost immediate relaxation of my senses and emotions, improved focus and concentration. The next thing i noticed was improved, energy, digestion and bowl functioning.

I really feel orange/red light therapy and drinking molecular hydrogen go very well together.

I mentioned before that i noticed one of the spectral emission lines of hydrogen was 656 nm (visible red light) right in the sweet spot for photobiomodulation, i don't know if there is any correlation to hydrogens beneficial actions but i thought it was very interesting.

“Drinking H2‐water reduced hepatic oxidative stress, and significantly alleviated fatty liver.”

“The mitochondria are a major source of reactive oxygen species during energy production metabolism and H2 directly protects mitochondria that are exposed to reactive oxygen species.”

“Indeed, H2 stimulated energy metabolism as measured by oxygen consumption. The present results suggest the potential benefit of H2 in improving obesity, diabetes, and metabolic syndrome.”

https://aasldpubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/hep.25782

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1038/oby.2011.6

This is the little device i have, good quality works very well.

https://hydrogen4health.com/product/spe-h2-hydrogen-rich-water-bottle/

@Daniel11 Would you mind sharing your daily regimen involving hydrogen water and photobiomodulation. I think I understand the science behind these two things but as with many things, although the science is sound, in practice I get no results. I haven't tried either of these two particular things yet because of that reason. I have a 250 watt incandescent light which i used religiously for a year and had zero effect. I guess i was doing wrong or something. Anyway, I would love to hear from you how you use the hydrogen water and photobiomodulation and how it improved your health; were you quite ill before using them? Any tips I'd appreciate!

Zpol

Hey, thanks for saying i am always coming up with new ideas, i kind of thought i was boring everyone because I'm always posting about photobiomodulation and how beneficial it is to get orange/red light through ones eyes by bringing light photons (620 nm - 670nm wavelengths) through the optic nerve to stimulate hypothalamus, pituitary and cerebral functioning.:):

I have made enormous improvements in my health with photobiomodulation and nutrition, adding Molecular Hydrogen to my water has been really wonderful and taken my health to a new level, the first thing i experienced was an almost immediate relaxation of my senses and emotions, improved focus and concentration. The next thing i noticed was improved, energy, digestion and bowl functioning.

I really feel orange/red light therapy and drinking molecular hydrogen go very well together.

I mentioned before that i noticed one of the spectral emission lines of hydrogen was 656 nm (visible red light) right in the sweet spot for photobiomodulation, i don't know if there is any correlation to hydrogens beneficial actions but i thought it was very interesting.

“Drinking H2‐water reduced hepatic oxidative stress, and significantly alleviated fatty liver.”

“The mitochondria are a major source of reactive oxygen species during energy production metabolism and H2 directly protects mitochondria that are exposed to reactive oxygen species.”

“Indeed, H2 stimulated energy metabolism as measured by oxygen consumption. The present results suggest the potential benefit of H2 in improving obesity, diabetes, and metabolic syndrome.”

https://aasldpubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/hep.25782

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1038/oby.2011.6

This is the little device i have, good quality works very well.

SPE H2+ Hydrogen Rich Water Bottle - Hydrogen For Health

@Daniel11 Would you mind sharing your daily regimen involving hydrogen water and photobiomodulation. I think I understand the science behind these two things but as with many things, although the science is sound, in practice I get no results. I haven't tried either of these two particular things yet because of that reason. I have a 250 watt incandescent light which i used religiously for a year and had zero effect. I guess i was doing wrong or something. Anyway, I would love to hear from you how you use the hydrogen water and photobiomodulation and how it improved your health; were you quite ill before using them? Any tips I'd appreciate!

Daniel11

Forum Supporter

Howdy!

I like hydrogen water, usually have around a quart a day, feel it has really helped my digestion and in feeling more calm and centered.

A incandescent light bulb has a variety of wavelengths mostly in the non visible infrared spectrums, they are the best choice i feel for general home and office lighting, and using a high wattage 250w incandescent light bulb held near ones body can give some thermal benefits but this is not photobiomodulation.

This is article is helpful for understanding the term Photobiomodulation.

“We were delighted to be informed recently that the term photobiomodulation therapy will be added to the MeSH database for its 2016 version as an entry term to the existing record of laser therapy, low-level. It will be indexed with terms on this record, starting in November 2015. The addition of photobiomodulation therapy to the MeSH vocabulary is an important step in defining what this therapy precisely represents. The use of this term is key, as it distinguishes photobiomodulation therapy, which is non-thermal, from the popular use of light-based devices for simple heating of tissues as can be accomplished using near-infrared (NIR) lamps, or other applications of light energy that rely on thermal effects for all or part of their mechanism of action. This fact will likely also have significant impact on safety and regulation of commercial products specifically marketed for this use.”

Low-Level Light/Laser Therapy Versus Photobiomodulation Therapy

My big thing is getting the orange/red spectrum wavelengths though the open eyes, i feel infrared light would not be best choice for long term use through the eyes, i discuss the reasons why many times in past posts. I don't feel using infrared wavelengths is going to be much problem for short term use but i would be hesitant to use it for months and years.

The photons of the orange/red wavelengths are shorter and stronger then infrared wavelengths. Learning best time of day to do what areas of the body is very important, i find this comes with experimenting and use. I have found that holding the light through the open eyes in the morning just after waking up is very beneficial, better not to use the light through the eyes in the evening or it can disrupt your sleep patterns. I feel the areas on the abdomen above the liver and pancreas very important and helpful, i find doing these locations later in the evening relaxing.

For the eyes i hold light 3-5 inches from my nose, holding my eyes wide open for 1-8 min at a time, start slow and increase time as you feel comfortable, if light to bright at first squint your eyes and slowly open as your eyes adjust, the room will look blue and purple afterwards, i leave my eyes open and enjoy the changes some people prefer to palm their eyes. I find best to do light therapy while very relaxed on sofa or bed, drink water afterwards.

For the abdomen areas i hold the light on the skin for 3-5 min each location, the area just below the sternum is excellent location for the light to reach a lot of major arteries and organs where the light photons reach the blood and are carried systemically through out the body, i find it very helpful for digestion and sleeping sounder.

This is the light i like and use.

Orange and Red Light Therapy - LGS1

“In the current study, we demonstrate down-regulation of nitrosative stress and protection against apoptosis within the CNS by 670 nm light mediated photobiomodulation”

Photobiomodulation Induced by 670 nm Light Ameliorates MOG35-55 Induced EAE in Female C57BL/6 Mice: A Role for Remediation of Nitrosative Stress

Zpol

@Daniel11 Thank you for the information and the links, it is extremely helpful. The different usage of the light morning vs night is a good idea. I aim to use lighting to help straighten out my circadian rhythms so time of day will be important (I think that may be where I went wrong before). Also, I do plan to use long term so thanks for pointing out 670 mn light vs the infrared will be the better choice. I am planning on getting the body light (since I want to target both digestive organs and thyroid simultaneously due to time constraints) I thought about getting the combo but it seems getting 100% of the lights as orange/red is better than having a lesser amount to make room for the infrared.

The hydrogen water sounds promising as well. I read about it while reading Dr. Sircus' blogs. Never heard of such a thing before! Glad to know of at least one first hand account of the benefits. thanks!

postman

Keeping PUFAs extremely low, and eating raw animal foods instead of cooked.

postman

Any source on milk causing problems when heated?

Also the unbalanced calcium issue seems mute because pretty much everything else people eat is the other way round, so end up with more phosphate than calcium anyway. Nobody (not many) use milk as a sole source of food
I suspect Richard was talking about calcium-magnesium-potassium rather than phosphate but maybe I'm mistaken. I doubt a lot of research has been done on the superiority of raw milk, except for Pottenger's cat study.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
@Daniel11 Thank you for the information and the links, it is extremely helpful. The different usage of the light morning vs night is a good idea. I aim to use lighting to help straighten out my circadian rhythms so time of day will be important (I think that may be where I went wrong before). Also, I do plan to use long term so thanks for pointing out 670 mn light vs the infrared will be the better choice. I am planning on getting the body light (since I want to target both digestive organs and thyroid simultaneously due to time constraints) I thought about getting the combo but it seems getting 100% of the lights as orange/red is better than having a lesser amount to make room for the infrared.

The hydrogen water sounds promising as well. I read about it while reading Dr. Sircus' blogs. Never heard of such a thing before! Glad to know of at least one first hand account of the benefits. thanks!

This is a nice summary of the benefits of molecular hydrogen water...
27 Surprising Hydrogen Water Health Benefits - Selfhacked

tankasnowgod

I have been taking vitamin K2 and Magnesium for almost a decade now. I don't think I ever won't supplement with them. I know they have done good things for me, especially blood circulation.

Iron reduction, mainly by blood donation. I donate blood regularly, and since being de-ironed, monitor ferritin about once a year.

Red Light is amazing, although I am a bit sporadic in dosing it sometimes. But I get regular exposure everyweek.

Inclined Bed Therapy is fast becoming my favorite, though. Cheap, and easy to do after you set it up. Been on it two months, can't ever conceive of going back to sleeping flat on any sort of regular basis.

raypeatclips

I have been taking vitamin K2 and Magnesium for almost a decade now. I don't think I ever won't supplement with them. I know they have done good things for me, especially blood circulation.

Iron reduction, mainly by blood donation. I donate blood regularly, and since being de-ironed, monitor ferritin about once a year.

Red Light is amazing, although I am a bit sporadic in dosing it sometimes. But I get regular exposure everyweek.

Inclined Bed Therapy is fast becoming my favorite, though. Cheap, and easy to do after you set it up. Been on it two months, can't ever conceive of going back to sleeping flat on any sort of regular basis.

Would you mind explaining more about each of this? Such as health differences iron donation gives you? What your red light routine is, which light you use and what benefits you have? What benefits you've got from inclined bed therapy? Thanks.

tankasnowgod

With IBT, I am posting regularly in that thread- Inclined Bed Therapy

And also created a mini-tesimonial- Sleeping Inclined Has Improved My Waking Temperature, Reduced My Need For Thyroid

For red light, a have a full body light from RLM, and use it in the morning while showering and getting ready for my day, so between 5-10 minutes of exposure, though not necessarily at optimal distance from the light. I have other devices that I use more sporadically, but often notice a boost of energy when using them.

As for iron reduction..... I noticed an improvement in mood and energy over the time I was getting de-ironed. I feel good on days of donation, too. A lot of the effects from keeping iron low tend to be less degenerative diseases over time, like cancer, heart disease, and diabetes. Well, I don't have any of those! There's not really a lot more to say about that one. Just that donating blood every two months or so is really easy for me.