Why Are People So Obsessed With Beef?

gaze

I eat minced beef sometimes, but never by itself, and not ideal just with rice. I'd be wanting veges with it to balance minerals etc.
Have you tried stir-frying or stewing with onions and other veges? Served with potatoes/rice/sweet potatoes/ ...

Yea, I seem to do a lot better with meat and potatoes, havnt tried adding veggies, but will try some bell peppers and onions. I think my problem is when i cook ground beef I tend to overeat the beef since it looks and tastes the most appetizing, so i may try servings of 1/4 of a pound per meal, with potatoes and veggies to blunt the insulin effect I get from it. although i must say, it’s hard to cook a pound and only eat 1/4, i’m not the biggest fan of leftover meat

gaze

Feeling tired from eating something or otherwise like crap is typical of a powerful immune response. It’s like a mild version of shock.

And something new for you maybe

6 = spiraling down
9 = spiraling up

are you a tesla guy also :salute

EIRE24

A reasonable explanation, but detoxing a fatty liver should make you lose weight, not gain it. High protein low(er) carb makes me gain weight, on top of all the symptoms of feeling bad.

but... to be fair, I will say the LAST time I attempted very high caffeine, it was coupled with lots of beef (It wasn't, this latest time), and I did see a little bit of weight loss. Perhaps this is the answer, then. Caffeine + beef? Beef alone with no caffeine, though, seems to make me gain weight. Maybe the caffeine and beef combo is some magical supercharger, where beef provides the materials but caffeine is the accelerant, shuttling the materials more efficiently and quicker. So maybe that could be my next experiment...

And thinking about this has motivated me to take my personal database and add a new column of "Beef Intake" and plot this vs. not only pulse and temp, but also weight gain or loss. I know that plotting it vs pulse and temp will paint a bleak picture, but maybe plotting it vs. weight loss might paint a rosier picture?
High protein and low carbs makes you gain weight? What amount of fat are you eating also?

tara

There is an informative thread about it you might like reading:
Yes, I read Amazoniac's thread a while ago. I favoured liver anyway, but that added to evidence for it.
Yea, I seem to do a lot better with meat and potatoes, havnt tried adding veggies, but will try some bell peppers and onions. I think my problem is when i cook ground beef I tend to overeat the beef since it looks and tastes the most appetizing, so i may try servings of 1/4 of a pound per meal, with potatoes and veggies to blunt the insulin effect I get from it. although i must say, it’s hard to cook a pound and only eat 1/4, i’m not the biggest fan of leftover meat
Onions and bell peppers cooked with it are delicious.

Cirion

High protein and low carbs makes you gain weight? What amount of fat are you eating also?

Low(er) carb, not low carb. High protein makes me feel like trash. I have been trying it again this week, and unfortunately its backfiring like it always does. Gained 3 lbs in 2 days, and mood has been so bad that I've wanted to take a sick day from work both today (worse today) and yesterday. I typically eat pretty low fat proteins. I think what did me in today was that I woke up hungry in the middle of the night and decided to have some bacon because no other low fat option was available. Wow, bacon is probably t he most powerful anti-metabolic food I possibly can eat. Not doing that again...

Low(er) carb, not low carb. High protein makes me feel like trash. I have been trying it again this week, and unfortunately its backfiring like it always does. Gained 3 lbs in 2 days, and mood has been so bad that I've wanted to take a sick day from work both today (worse today) and yesterday. I typically eat pretty low fat proteins. I think what did me in today was that I woke up hungry in the middle of the night and decided to have some bacon because no other low fat option was available. Wow, bacon is probably t he most powerful anti-metabolic food I possibly can eat. Not doing that again...
Bacon nowadays is insanely high in PUFA. According to some popular databases, lard is "only" 11% PUFA, but a forum member( schultz, I think) mentioned a study that said that currently the PUFA% is closer to 30%. So just divide the amount of fat in bacon by 3 and that's the amount of toxic fat that it has.

OP
C

CDT

Well, beef has quite a lot of things in its favour:
- low tryptophan content, so getting a lot of protein from beef is very safe;
-lots of creatine, which helps with muscle strength, mental function, energy levels, and spares methyl groups for the production of choline, so I think that means it would be good for the liver;
-very low PUFA content, since this type of meat is from a ruminant animal.
-great source of vitamins, especially vitamin B3 and vitamin B6, as well as B12;
-beef fat has been shown to be liver-protective;
-easy to digest;
-good amount of glycine, which is anabolic to the muscle tissue;
-lack of anti-nutrients or inhibitors of digestion.

As I see it, the best plant foods are ripe fruits and tubers. Grains, as a rule of thumb, should be prepared carefully to avoid the many anti-nutrients that are present in them. That's one of the main reasons why animal products are so convenient: no soaking or sprouting is needed, and even eating them raw is pretty safe, same with fruits, but fruit quality in cities is usually quite bad, so that's why I prefer to depend on white sugar to get my carbs rather than on fruits. Meat, though, is always very high quality and consistent where I live and it's something I can always count on to obtain my nutrition.

Buckwheat has a lot of magnesium and carbs, so, if prepared correctly, it can be a good source of calories and nutrients, but I don't feel right if I don't eat meat/ internal organs, so, based on personal experience, I don't recommend a vegetarian/ vegan diet.
Sorry but, "meat being more convenient" is simply not the case. When you have to catch it, process it, and safely distribute it, then it becomes MORE cumbersome

rei

What kind of magical property are people getting from this? Are there any plant foods that are good whole sources of food.

I heard buckwheat is the king of plant food sources. ANyone take buckwheat?
The magical property is at least partially due to the stearic acid, and fatty acid conjugates. CLA:s might be ruminant's direct antidotes to LA.

Cocoa fat is really the only practical plant source for stearic acid.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals